+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing time for ICT work permit

ramandrod

Apr 13, 2017
Your application is submitted in Abu Dhabi too correct?
I presume so, the local visa office has a role to play in all WP applications (not sure about GSS ones though), they mostly assist in bg checks/verifications. Plus when I went to submit a web form inquiry it asked for a visa office which I chose as Abu Dhabi
Hello Chaudri...My ICT GSS application will be filed in a week from now on. I stay in Dubai. Will it be done in 3-4 weeks? I heard Abu Dhabi VOC take their own sweet time and it will definitely take more than 2 weeks. Can you provide me a contact number to connect? My number is +971528208265

ampar

Aug 5, 2020
I have submitted a webform today. I'll update the thread once I hear from them.
One of my friends who applied for the same had to take biometrics. He submitted his ICT WP application on 8th April, and received biometric request letter from IRCC within 2-3 weeks. I never received any such communication from IRCC (probably because I don't need to take biometric again) but it isn't helping my application either! :(
Received the below reply from IRCC yesterday:
Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information you provided and can confirm that your application is still in process.

All the required documents and information have been received by the responsible office for the moment.

Due to the ongoing situation related to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), some IRCC offices are currently operating with reduced or critical staff only.

We are working on processing applications as quickly as possible; however, processing times are affected and any disruption caused by COVID-19 is not reflected accurately on our website. We will make all the necessary efforts to finalize your application as soon as possible.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

Sincerely,

This is the exact same reply I have received in the past to all my web form enquiries.
Any idea how long they're going to take?

Reactions: PravinDeo

Akki99

Jul 22, 2020
Looks like a standard reply. Don't know what is going on, they should tell us a clear picture so people stop waiting indefinitely and plan accordingly.

Reactions: PravinDeo

haritosh82

May 31, 2020
USA
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
NYC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
24-04-2020
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
NA
IELTS Request
NA
Med's Request
NA
Med's Done....
NA
Interview........
NA

We verified the information you provided and can confirm that your application is still in process.

All the required documents and information have been received by the responsible office for the moment.

Due to the ongoing situation related to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), some IRCC offices are currently operating with reduced or critical staff only.

We are working on processing applications as quickly as possible; however, processing times are affected and any disruption caused by COVID-19 is not reflected accurately on our website. We will make all the necessary efforts to finalize your application as soon as possible.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

Sincerely,

This is the exact same reply I have received in the past to all my web form enquiries.
that's all you are going to get. Pointless to send webform inquiry for your case status. Better order GCMS notes.

Shubhangi18

Star Member
Aug 11, 2020

Sincerely,

Same standard reply every time. It’s useless to ask them now.

PravinDeo

Star Member
Jul 3, 2020

Sincerely,

Very sad, after waiting for 5 days, they are giving this standard reply. instead of giving some insight.

rohtak

Star Member
Nov 13, 2016
It seems they will process applications once CCB ( monthly uneployment additional benefit due to COVID) is stopped in Canada that is till 30 Sep.
They dont want more people to come at this time, its unfortunate but a fact :(

Whole world is working at full capacity except IRCC

ampar

Aug 5, 2020
It seems they will process applications once CCB ( monthly uneployment additional benefit due to COVID) is stopped in Canada that is till 30 Sep.

that's scary! where did you get the information from?

Akki99

Jul 22, 2020

I am also thinking the same, these applications can be processed remotely and it's not field work. There are very less number of applications due to COVID compare to normal days whereas their application processing time is getting increased every week. Canada is a very less impacted country in North America still they are giving the excuse that they are working on limited capacity, which does not make sense. They should tell openly that they will not process the applications for a certain time.

PravinDeo

Star Member
Jul 3, 2020
its my personal view...seeing the progress on applications
Hi
could you please share bit detail on what progress you are seeing on your applicaiton.. what is your timeline, i mean when applied?.. is it for ICT work permit? Than you

KedarMann

May 27, 2020
I am also thinking the same, these applications can be processed remotely and it's not field work. There are very less number of applications due to COVID compare to normal days whereas their application processing time is getting increased every week. Canada is a very less impacted country in North America still they are giving the excuse that they are working on limited capacity, which does not make sense. They should tell openly that they will not process the applications for a certain time.
This makes sense ..