+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing time for ICT work permit

Yqing237

Jun 12, 2019
A bit of update here. Received correspondence letter today. I am actually surprised. Below is my timeline.

document submission:03/28/2020
Biometrics done: 07/13/2020
Biometrics correspondence letter: 07/24/2020.

Hopefully it will get processed soon.

Last edited:

ArpitaMathur

Star Member
Jul 8, 2020
A bit of update here. Received correspondence letter today. I am actually surprised. Below is my timeline.

document submission:028/2020

Great! Thanks for sharing. Keep us posted. I gave my biometrics on 21st. Did you submit your application in Feb?

rohtak

Star Member
Nov 13, 2016

what does Biometric correspondence letter means ?( what it tells you ?)

ash_pratap

Jul 13, 2020

Keep us posted on the decision. That's great news and happy that things are moving ålong. @rohtak from what I understand, its a document that says that your biometrics are valid and accepted. Its one of the final stages in the process.

navdeepchopra

Star Member
Dec 15, 2019
If anyone in India get the ICT visa approval, will the person has some options to get stamping done as VAC (VFC) offices are showing temporary closed for Canadian visa processing in India.

Is it the reason for delaying the approvals.

Does anybody received the approval on ICT visa except one person who got the approval as the paper based application was submitted and as passport was upfront submitted, the person reported in this group that visa is approved and passport received..

pk123456

Jun 27, 2020
Anyone aware of any issues with Biometric Appointments at ASCs in US? Looks like no appointments are available anywhere.

baa_at

Star Member
Jul 14, 2020
I am from India and on H1B visa and I am applying for ICT WP , do I still need to do medical if applying from US?

PravinDeo

Star Member
Jul 3, 2020
I am from India and on H1B visa and I am applying for ICT WP , do I still need to do medical if applying from US?
you can check here, if you are in USA for more than 6 month in last one year then you dont need medical.

If you plan to stay for more than 6 months

You need a medical exam if you meet any of these criteria:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/medical-exams/requirements-temporary-residents.html#needs

baa_at

Star Member
Jul 14, 2020
you can check here, if you are in USA for more than 6 month in last one year then you dont need medical.

If you plan to stay for more than 6 months

You need a medical exam if you meet any of these criteria:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/medical-exams/requirements-temporary-residents.html#needs
Thank you

dpH133

Jul 22, 2020
Anyone aware of any issues with Biometric Appointments at ASCs in US? Looks like no appointments are available anywhere.
Look at all options available for you, including the ones in neighboring states. I am near Philadelphia , and last week i did Biometric from New York Bronx ASC. Check in the mornings, you will see slots for same day afternoon.

SophieLiang

Jul 15, 2020

It is good news to receive the correspondence letter. May I ask if this ICT is with LMIA or LMIA exempt? And would you share what type of work industry category are you in? thank you!

chaudri

Feb 1, 2015
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-05-2016
AOR Received.
08-07-2017
Med's Done....
11-06-2017
Passport Req..
31-08-2017
LANDED..........
23 April 2018
I received an update from the employer's lawyers today.

Background: Closed WP application (LMIA Exempt) filed on 10 March 2020 as an ICT under GSS. I already had valid biometrics and submitted pre-medical results as part of filing for the WP. Since then there had been no update.

Today the lawyers told me that "Please note that your application is filed under the Global Skills Strategy (“GSS”) office in Canada, which is an office that expedites cases for high skilled foreign workers. GSS has started processing cases effective July 1 but are currently only processing cases where biometrics have been provided. They are currently backlogged to cases submitted in March. GSS has made a soft commitment to process cases up to those submitted in May within the next five weeks.

Please note that the above timelines are estimates and Immigration Canada is under no obligation to adhere to these timelines. Certain factors outside of our control (e.g. security background checks) may result in additional delays over and above the current COVID-related processing delays."

I also came to know that my biometrics corresponding letter was added to my profile dated 9 July.

-----

So I guess there should be positive news in August for GSS folks. (fingers crossed)