+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing time at New York City consulate

strandedhelix

May 7, 2013
I just received an email from them advising that currently they are processing passports received on April 24, 2013.

Good luck all, we can just wait patiently and hope that it is sent to us soon.

Feb25

Apr 26, 2013
@strandedhelix - Are You Sure, other threads shows NY Consulate is processing only Feb 15 applications now. I dont think they reached April 23rd .

strandedhelix

May 7, 2013
Feb25 said:
@ strandedhelix - Are You Sure, other threads shows NY Consulate is processing only Feb 15 applications now. I dont think they reached April 23rd .
To reiterate, I received an email from them saying that NY Consulate is currently printing visas on passports received on April 24. My application was sent was April 7, and it was approved on April 30, and the passport was received by them on May 2. So yes I am sure! You can believe them as you much as you believe me. :)

Feb25

Apr 26, 2013
Good to know. Is Your appplication for Temporary Work Permit and Temporary Resident VISA ?

plutocupid

Apr 30, 2013
@starndedhelix
Why are you making up stories
I haven't heard anything back from them like what they are doing
sounds silly

strandedhelix

May 7, 2013
plutocupid said:
@ starndedhelix
Why are you making up stories
I haven't heard anything back from them like what they are doing
sounds silly
And why should I do that? Like you and everyone else I am helping everyone out and easing their tension. You are not obliged to believe me; I am just stating facts and informing of what I have been informed of directly by the NY consulate.

I know one thing for sure that the consulate doesn't respond to every email. If you have wrote to them, and they have not responded, you know why.

Feb25

Apr 26, 2013
@strandedhelix - Thing is that we have so many folks waiting for approval since Feb 15, if Yours is also for TWP & TRV for ICT then our case would match. If it is for Visitor VISA then processing time could be different and You would have recieved what they stated right.

strandedhelix

May 7, 2013
Feb25 said:
@ strandedhelix - Thing is that we have so many folks waiting for approval since Feb 15, if Yours is also for TWP & TRV for ICT then our case would match. If it is for Visitor VISA then processing time could be different and You would have recieved what they stated right.
I have applied for a TRV (visit). So, in that case yes, the processing time may vary per type of application.

ethb

May 9, 2013
Hello,

This is my story so far.

Transit Date Through Toronto on May 12.

I applied for TRV visa online using myCIC which was confirmed on March 26 2013.
On April 23 2013 (28 days later) I received request for original passport. It was sent to NYC Consulate by priority mail and received on 25 April (USPS date, no message from the Consulate)

Today, its May 9 (2 days to transit date) and there is no word on the application. I have faxed twice and emailed more than a few times, requesting them to expedite the process. But no response. None.

I do not know what to expect now. Air Canada have no responsibility over this, re-booking tickets is not an option. They are unreasonably high with fares 4 times the amount I booked in March. *Sigh*

ethb

May 9, 2013
After the previous post, I decided to visit the New York Consulate on Friday (May 10 2013). This post may be useful to those of you who asked about if visiting the Consulate is helpful.

I reached the office early (7:30 AM), so I was let in early (8:30AM) considering the long line. Prior to entering the building a security officer asked everyone in the queue for reason for visit.

Once inside, during the security check, the visitors were given a form to those who needed their visa processed urgently. The form asked for the reason to consider the application to be processed with priority. Following a token based line, I was allowed to submit the form at the ONLY counter which received visitors (there were at least 200 visitors on that day within two hours).

I was made to wait for three hours with no information as they processed the urgency form. My reason clearly stated that the processing time for my application (35 working days) had past the information posted in the website (30 working days) and my travel date was on the weekend.

Unfortunately, the officers behind the counter did not think that my overdue application (with travel date on Sunday) was sufficient reason for them to issue my visa on priority. The officer was not even helpful in telling me how much more time would it to process nor was he reasonable when I told him that I will not be able to travel for not fault of mine. The consulate is busy with peak summer time applications, I was told.

I don't see a reason why should I loose my money ?

Anyway, there were other similar cases with me on that day. But none of them got their visas or passports back. One person couldn't legally stay in USA as his visa would expire soon. He didn't receive his passport back either!

The system is broken and very unfriendly. The requirement for a transit visa (even if for 2 hours!) coupled with understaffed, unclear and unresponsive communication is a disaster. I feel that booking international flights through Air Canada is a trap. Thanks for nothing.

NOTE: Consulate is open to visitors on Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 8:00 AM to 10:30 AM only. I may be wrong, please check before you plan.

TL;DR : Visit the office with no guarantee to receive the visa or the passport back. Do not book International flights through Air Canada unless if you can bare 2 - 3 months of anxious wait.

Buleg

Mar 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2013
Nomination.....
30-05-2013 LOA dated 10-05-2013
AOR Received.
16-10-2013 thru email
IELTS Request
Already submitted
File Transfer...
11-09-13
Med's Request
21-11-13
Med's Done....
27-11-13 results submitted//add'l med req 01-13-2014 submitted 1-30-14
Interview........
Ecas "in process 2-18-2014"
Passport Req..
08-04-2014 (Apr. 27, '14 ecas changed to decision made)
LANDED..........
22-03-2014 entered as TFW under YNP/May,22,'14 Landed as Immigrant
ethb said:
After the previous post, I decided to visit the New York Consulate on Friday (May 10 2013). This post may be useful to those of you who asked about if visiting the Consulate is helpful.

I reached the office early (7:30 AM), so I was let in early (8:30AM) considering the long line. Prior to entering the building a security officer asked everyone in the queue for reason for visit.

Once inside, during the security check, the visitors were given a form to those who needed their visa processed urgently. The form asked for the reason to consider the application to be processed with priority. Following a token based line, I was allowed to submit the form at the ONLY counter which received visitors (there were at least 200 visitors on that day within two hours).

I was made to wait for three hours with no information as they processed the urgency form. My reason clearly stated that the processing time for my application (35 working days) had past the information posted in the website (30 working days) and my travel date was on the weekend.

Unfortunately, the officers behind the counter did not think that my overdue application (with travel date on Sunday) was sufficient reason for them to issue my visa on priority. The officer was not even helpful in telling me how much more time would it to process nor was he reasonable when I told him that I will not be able to travel for not fault of mine. The consulate is busy with peak summer time applications, I was told.

I don't see a reason why should I loose my money ?

Anyway, there were other similar cases with me on that day. But none of them got their visas or passports back. One person couldn't legally stay in USA as his visa would expire soon. He didn't receive his passport back either!

The system is broken and very unfriendly. The requirement for a transit visa (even if for 2 hours!) coupled with understaffed, unclear and unresponsive communication is a disaster. I feel that booking international flights through Air Canada is a trap. Thanks for nothing.

NOTE: Consulate is open to visitors on Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 8:00 AM to 10:30 AM only. I may be wrong, please check before you plan.

TL;DR : Visit the office with no guarantee to receive the visa or the passport back. Do not book International flights through Air Canada unless if you can bare 2 - 3 months of anxious wait.
Hi,

So you didn't receive your visa and they just returned your original passport?

:)

ethb

May 9, 2013
Buleg said:
Hi,

So you didn't receive your visa and they just returned your original passport?

:)
Hello!. No I did not get my passport back. Since I now have an open ticket with Air Canada, I will the TRV for a rescheduled transit in future.

hello10

Jul 19, 2013
Hi ,

I applied my CANADA TRV on JUNE 21 st (new york consulate ) in person, submitted all my documents and passort for Mutliple entry TRV . Officer told me it will take Minimun 2 months as they were still processing May applications.

But I GOt my CANADA TRV and received my passport back on JULY 17th , just in 3weeks !!!!!!!! :D :D

damodar

Star Member
Jul 10, 2013
hello10 said:
Hi ,

I applied my CANADA TRV on JUNE 21 st (new york consulate ) in person, submitted all my documents and passort for Mutliple entry TRV . Officer told me it will take Minimun 2 months as they were still processing May applications.

But I GOt my CANADA TRV and received my passport back on JULY 17th , just in 3weeks !!!!!!!! :D :D
how many people are waiting for ppr from New York office
after 43 month my file has been transfer to new York now