+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing (Live-In Caregiver) Work Permit in Consulate in Seattle?

duke28

Feb 1, 2011
hello

plsss help we have a situation here about my wife's application for a WP as a caregiver for elderly.my wife is currently staying in US and plans to submitted her documents in LA by a walk-in application.But unfortunately her US tourist visa just expired recently only her I-94 is left valid.

My questions are:

-if my wife submits her documents thru a walk in application few days before her I-94 expires will that be allowed?
-If her application got a positive result after passing an interview but need to pass a medical exam,and was able to
comply but she needs to go home coz her I-94 is about to expire and she does'nt want to overstay will that be okie?if not?
-then what is the next course of action if that happens?

BTW sir my wife has also entered Canada with a single entry TRV and stayed there for 3 months and has a multiple US tourist visa and was able to use it just twice,but this is the last year of her 10 years multile entry.Plssss we nid all the suggestion and help we can get.tnx

majablanca

Nov 17, 2011
Re:contarct worker status changing to LCP

for who tried doing this, can you help me if this is posible without going back to my origin country?(philippines.)presently i am under contract worker status and want to work under live in caregiver program.here are some questions that i want to know
can i just apply /mailing my application at the boarder?

EbonyIvory

Oct 18, 2011
Re:contarct worker status changing to LCP

majablanca said:
for who tried doing this, can you help me if this is posible without going back to my origin country?(philippines.)presently i am under contract worker status and want to work under live in caregiver program.here are some questions that i want to know
can i just apply /mailing my application at the boarder?
No, you have to mail your LCP application to Canadian Embassy abroad or you can go directly to the states at any Canadian Consulate or Embassy if you have US visa.

wsongco

Nov 7, 2010
montreal
Visa Office......
CPC VERGREVILLE
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Interview........
24-04-2013 CAQ
LANDED..........
29-08-2013
if you still have a valid wp and have present employer try to apply US Visa to keep safe. you need to be in Canada at least 12 months from your arrival in Canada to grant a visa and tell the reason why you need it. my cousin family apply for a US Visa they came here as immigrant but denied visa because they need to be at least a resident for one year.

majablanca

Nov 17, 2011
.i already got a positive lmo and my employer need me asap.the problem is i dont have a US visa .if i will just mail it to buffalo or seatle ,do i still need to exit outside canada to get the work permit in case they will aprove my LCP application?

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
If you're mailing the application (make sure it's under the LCP so you are eligible to apply for the PR later), you don't have to have a US visa to obtain your WP (once an approved application is received, visa stamped on the passport). You can "flagpole" to the nearest border and let the CBP officers know you're picking up your WP from the Canadian side. they know these things and they'll issue you an administrative refusal and send you right back to the Canadian side to pick up the WP.

majablanca said:
.i already got a positive lmo and my employer need me asap.the problem is i dont have a US visa .if i will just mail it to buffalo or seatle ,do i still need to exit outside canada to get the work permit in case they will aprove my LCP application?

majablanca

Nov 17, 2011
job_seeker said:
If you're mailing the application (make sure it's under the LCP so you are eligible to apply for the PR later), you don't have to have a US visa to obtain your WP (once an approved application is received, visa stamped on the passport). You can "flagpole" to the nearest border and let the CBP officers know you're picking up your WP from the Canadian side. they know these things and they'll issue you an administrative refusal and send you right back to the Canadian side to pick up the WP.
yes i am confused which application form will i use..is it the imm 1295..?thankz

majablanca

Nov 17, 2011
job_seeker said:
does any nearest boarder will do? like Montana ?

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/buffalo/visas/work-apply_demande-travailler.aspx?view=d

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/buffalo/visas/forms_work-formulaires_travail.aspx?view=d

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/buffalo/assets/pdfs/visas/54_1_eng.pdf (the forms to accomplish are on the checklist). Call the border in Montana if they can issue you the WP once you received your visa.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
You don't apply for WP at the border. You apply for the WP at a visa office outside Canada, then obtain or pick up the WP at the border. That is how the program goes. It should be that the LCP applicant applies from his or her country or somewhere where s/he has legal residence, then gets the WP at the Port of Entry which could be either at the airports or borders. I personally know several people who applied at Seattle and Buffalo got their WPs at the borders and are now PRs.

EbonyIvory said:
Be carefull job_seeker
All who got the WP for LIC at the border denied for PR after completing 24 months working requirement.
The border offices cant issue WP under LCP and if they issue WP thats not considered as under LCP.

EbonyIvory

Oct 18, 2011
job_seeker said:
You don't apply for WP at the border. You apply for the WP at a visa office outside Canada, then obtain or pick up the WP at the border. That is how the program goes. It shoyuld be that the LCP applicant applies from his or her country or somewhere where s/he has legal residence, then gets the WP at the Port of Entry which could be either at the airports or borders. I personally know several people who applied at Seattle and Buffalo got their WPs at the borders and are now PRs.
Sorry job_seeker for misunderstanding
Yes, she can pick up her WP at the border and i did it too. :)

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
It's okay. We're here to help each other out and we don't give information that would be detrimental to our fellow foreign workers.

EbonyIvory said:
Sorry job_seeker for misunderstanding
Yes, she can pick up her WP at the border. :)

EbonyIvory

Oct 18, 2011
job_seeker said:
It's okay. We're here to help each other out and we don't give information that would be detrimental to our fellow foreign workers.
I went to the Canadian Embassy at Seattle to get WP under LCP and asked to submit additional documents only by mail and it took me 3 months to get the approval letter. On the other hand, my friend went to Seattle as same purpose as me on Dec, 2010 and she also asked submit additional document. The good thing is that she knew it already from my exprience that would take time to hear from them so she waited until VO finishes her working and asked if she can send it by fax. That VO allowed her to do so and gave her fax NO.
My friend even got her approval letter from e-mail. Good for her that was after 3-4 days sent her document. I guess it depends on docoments.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
That's great! So shorter time processing if you submit all requirements. There were some forum members who sent their application and all the requirements to Seattle and they posted 6 weeks processing; but that was in 2009 or 2010 (sorry been a long time :( )

EbonyIvory said:
I went to the Canadian Embassy at Seattle to get WP under LCP and asked to submit additional documents only by mail and it took me 3 months to get the approval letter. On the other hand, my friend went to Seattle as same purpose as me on Dec, 2010 and she also asked submit additional document. The good thing is that she knew it already from my exprience that would take time to hear from them so she waited until VO finishes her working and asked if she can send it by fax. That VO allowed her to do so and gave her fax NO.
My friend even got her approval letter from e-mail. Good for her that was after 3-4 days sent her document. I guess it depends on docoments.

majablanca

Nov 17, 2011
EbonyIvory said:
thanks for this additional info..this is a big help for us who really doesnt know ..so probably if i get approve through mail application I can exit either in the philippines then.