+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing for TOBE born baby after AOR.

Venkkrishy

Apr 8, 2017
Hi,

We are Indian nationals living in the UK, and am allowed to work and live here for another 2 years.

I am a NS provincial nominee who received my AOR in Dec 2016. My status in cic website says medicals passed ( we finished medicals in Dec 2016) and eligibility under review.

Now we are expecting a second baby around early October. So far i haven't heard anything from CIC after my AOR and not sure how long is it going to take either. With this uncertainty I don't think I can enable my wife to travel to deliver in canada (she cannot travel after Aug) also given that we are settled here and any new place will take 2 months to do so and now I think is not the time.

Given the situation, my wife and first kid cannot travel up and until they get well. Please can u suggest how should I go about.

Should I need to inform CIC now or when they call me for an interview and passport submission explaining my situation (or) should I take a PR visa for 3 of us and then enable travel for my spouse and kids after applying separately for new born.

AOR : 10 Dec 2016
Medicals : 7 Dec 2016.
Current status: awaiting confirmation from CIC ( under review)
Nova Scotia Provincial Nominee.

Kindly suggest me some best options.

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
If you did medical on 7th December, if you are issued copr before that you will need to land before 7th December. You don't need to move to Canada before that. You can complete landing procedures, give the Canadian address of a friend or family member and come back to uk while you shut shop and then move to Canada. The person in Canada can post the PR card to you which you can use to enter canada again.

Provincial healthcare kicks in 3 months after you have lived in the province. So if your wife wants to deliver the baby in Canada in October, you would need to live in Canada as a PR by july to access provincial healthcare. If you land after that you would need to pay for the delivery charges. A normal delivery with no complications to the mother and child could cost around $10,000.

If your baby is born in the uk in October, you would need to get the new baby added to the application and everyone land before medical expires.

If you are the main applicant, you can land first and your family can land after you but definitely not before you.

If you get copr and you complete landing before the baby is born, your new baby can be added to the application through family sponsorship only and that takes a year. One of you will have to live in Canada physically and start sponsorship when you get a job.

Since you are a PNP candidate, your processing time is longer. Your score would be xxx-600. CIC makes the final decision and has to check if the PNP was deserved so that your cut off without the PNP didn't fall below the cut off of your round of ITA. And you are a family of 3 now so that's extra people to process as compared to a single applicant.

You can only inform CIC once your baby is born and not before that.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
xpressentry said:
Provincial healthcare kicks in 3 months after you have lived in the province. So if your wife wants to deliver the baby in Canada in October, you would need to live in Canada as a PR by july to access provincial healthcare. If you land after that you would need to pay for the delivery charges. A normal delivery with no complications to the mother and child could cost around $10,000.
Not every province has a waiting period for healthcare. OP is a Nova Scotia nominee; NS provides coverage from the first day.

Venkkrishy

Apr 8, 2017
Thanks for the responses so far.

Further questions if you may please suggest.

1. I work for a Tier 1 company now, we have jobs outside of NS that I can take up immediately (I.e: Greater Toronto, Montreal etc.). Assuming, that I would have to sponsor my new born after the birth as a family sponsor, would I be allowed to live in other provinces albeit me getting a PNP via NS.
2. Will there be any complications during my citizenship for having lived outside the province for an yea or so?
3. What's the usual process of getting a private medical insurance in NS?
4. Given that it's taking time and note sure when will I get my processing complete, could it even be delayed up to an year? In such cases would CIC give me further chance of redoing my medicals again?
5. Incase I do land first and leave the family in UK, can they enter after sponsoring my new born and will they be allowed to redo the medicals. Since me as the primary applicant would have completed the landing procedures before October (subject to me getting the visa).

I am just thinking of various optons and any suggestion helps.

Rgds

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Venkkrishy said:
Thanks for the responses so far.

Further questions if you may please suggest.

1. I work for a Tier 1 company now, we have jobs outside of NS that I can take up immediately (I.e: Greater Toronto, Montreal etc.). Assuming, that I would have to sponsor my new born after the birth as a family sponsor, would I be allowed to live in other provinces albeit me getting a PNP via NS.
2. Will there be any complications during my citizenship for having lived outside the province for an yea or so?
3. What's the usual process of getting a private medical insurance in NS?
4. Given that it's taking time and note sure when will I get my processing complete, could it even be delayed up to an year? In such cases would CIC give me further chance of redoing my medicals again?
5. Incase I do land first and leave the family in UK, can they enter after sponsoring my new born and will they be allowed to redo the medicals. Since me as the primary applicant would have completed the landing procedures before October (subject to me getting the visa).

I am just thinking of various optons and any suggestion helps.

Rgds
1. If you are a NS PNP, you have to land in that province. You are obligated to work there but you cant be forced to work there. When you were granted the nomination, you would have submitted a settlement plan to explain your intent of working in NS. At the time of PR renewal, citizenship, you may be asked to prove why you moved out of NS. You would need to think of a reason.
2. See above
3. you can buy any private medical insurance policy. these dont cover pregnancy
4. depends on unavoidable circumstances. people do travel abroad with infants. if CIC thinks it is possible for infants to travel then may be not
5. you, your wife and 1st child will be Indians with PR status in Canada. your new born baby will still be Indian with no PR. you can make changes before landing. after landing, its family sponsorship

Venkkrishy

Apr 8, 2017
hi

thanks for responses so far.

I didn't quiet understand point 4 reply.

I am planning to write to CIC explaining my situation and perhaps asking them to hold the process, if I do not get any movement until end of may. I am slightly confused, can we all appear for second time medicals (and pay for it), after the new born, after formally taking an exemption from CIC (or) is it absolutely mandatory that we all have to make the landing within an year irrespective of what our situations are?

In any case, I think it's a better idea to ask CIC about keeping things on hold so long as I don't hear by June 1st week, given that moving things is nearly impossible.

one final question, how long does it takr to get a PR card, once we take a PR card how many months or years can we stay outside canada in a stay.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Venkkrishy said:
I am planning to write to CIC explaining my situation and perhaps asking them to hold the process, if I do not get any movement until end of may. I am slightly confused, can we all appear for second time medicals (and pay for it), after the new born, after formally taking an exemption from CIC (or) is it absolutely mandatory that we all have to make the landing within an year irrespective of what our situations are?

In any case, I think it's a better idea to ask CIC about keeping things on hold so long as I don't hear by June 1st week, given that moving things is nearly impossible.

one final question, how long does it takr to get a PR card, once we take a PR card how many months or years can we stay outside canada in a stay.
IRCC will not place your app on hold. They expect people to apply when they are ready to immigrate. If you ask, they will probably just tell you to withdraw and reapply when you are actually ready.

You can't just do a second medical yourself to extend your landing date. A new medical needs to actually be requested by IRCC.

As your COPRs will most likely be issued prior to the birth and be valid until December, you can choose to not land. After the birth, you can return the unused COPRs to IRCC before expiry and add the child to the app. This generally adds a few months of processing time. By that point, your medical will probably be expired and IRCC would either extend it for another year or request a new on.

PR card processing times are on the website. The PR card has nothing to do with how long you can stay out of Canada. The Residency Obligation is 2 out of 5 years, so you can stay out of Canada for up to 3 years.

Venkkrishy

Apr 8, 2017
Hi,

This week I received my passports with COPR letters expiring on 6th of December.

My baby is due by 3rd week of October.

In terms of work I have no luck of getting a job in Nova Scotia so far. Although I am getting jobs through my same employer in Toronto, Albert etc..

I am thinking of which of this would be good.

1. Land in Nova Scotia in the middle of Aug (with a loss of pay in current organisation) and wait until birth of child, and exit Canada in December if nothing works out positive.
2. Land in Nova Scotia, finish landing formalities, take up temporary roles in other provinces for few months and then move back to Nova scotia in December.
3. Do a soft landing with all of us, spend 3 weeks. And come back to deliver in UK. Add my new born as a family sponsor after birth.(it takes approx 6-8weeks to get Indian passport and UK visa for new born, in London)
4. Me doing a soft landing, and returning my spouse/kid COPR before expiry to add my new born and do fresh medicals, if IRCC request.

My worry is,
1. Can I provide address of friends anywhere in Canada (Toronto, alberta, I.E: other than Nova Scotia) to receive PR card, if I do soft landing?
2. Can PR cards be sent via posts, by friends? To UK or India.
3. Assume I shut shop in UK before child birth and the child is born in India, will CIC accept COPR modification for something issue in London,UK
4. If I reside in Nova Scotia and have my baby born there, will I get medicals covered from day 1? And is it approx 10-20 days to get Canadian passports.
5, if I move to other provine after few weeks of landing would that cause immediate problem? As I plan to come back to NS soon.
My situation is increasingly complicated as my priority is to get my baby delivered safely and peacefully, secondly I cannot afford to be jobless at this juncture, especially when I have a good paying job now(something I do not want to lose until I get sometning), more so I don't have a soul known in NS and I have to take any step fairly quick.

I have all the intentions to settle in NS, but need some time and job.

Any suggestions would help