Process for Spouse Sponsorship for permanent residency

vhst

Sep 6, 2017
MONTREAL
Visa Office......
CIC-MISSISSAUGA
App. Filed.......
18-09-2017
In a spouse sponsorship for permanent residency, what comes after the medical exam?

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
Most straight forward Outland Spousal Sponsorship follow these process steps (the order of the steps may vary)
  1. Application received at IRCC Mississauga
  2. CIC Mississauga start processing application
  3. Receive Acknowledgement of Receipt (AOR 1)
  4. Link Application to Online Account
  5. Upload Schedule A form
  6. Sponsor Approval and File transfer to VO
  7. VO starts processing PR application (AOR 2)
  8. Receive Request for Medical Exam
  9. Medical Exam @ IRCC Panel Physician Clinic
  10. Medical Exam Result
  11. Passport Request (PPR)
  12. Pick-up Permanent Residency Visa (PUM)
ts not unusual not to hear from IRCC for months after medical exam........review of eligibility and background check once completed the Visa Office will request for passport.........so it good to assume spousal sponsorship process completion takes 12 months.......which could help reduce your waiting stress.........relax.........its a wait game.

Reactions: vhst and hungvangg

vhst

Sep 6, 2017
MONTREAL
Visa Office......
CIC-MISSISSAUGA
App. Filed.......
18-09-2017
Most straight forward Outland Spousal Sponsorship follow these process steps (the order of the steps may vary)
  1. Application received at IRCC Mississauga
  2. CIC Mississauga start processing application
  3. Receive Acknowledgement of Receipt (AOR 1)
  4. Link Application to Online Account
  5. Upload Schedule A form
  6. Sponsor Approval and File transfer to VO
  7. VO starts processing PR application (AOR 2)
  8. Receive Request for Medical Exam
  9. Medical Exam @ IRCC Panel Physician Clinic
  10. Medical Exam Result
  11. Passport Request (PPR)
  12. Pick-up Permanent Residency Visa (PUM)
ts not unusual not to hear from IRCC for months after medical exam........review of eligibility and background check once completed the Visa Office will request for passport.........so it good to assume spousal sponsorship process completion takes 12 months.......which could help reduce your waiting stress.........relax.........its a wait game.
Thank you for this!! What exactly is the Passport Request? Also, for the « pick up permanent residency Visa » so you know where that usually takes place? Is there some sort of interview to go through?

Thanks again! :)

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
Passport Request to issue PR visa.

After PR visa is issued...its returned by mail.

You may not be interviewed.....interviews is only required are at the discretion of the visa office processing your application if they have any concerns and want clarification.

Maemae26

Star Member
Feb 11, 2018
Just a question, if Im gonna quit my work now, should I let the visa office know Im unemployed, cause I wrote there employed? Will it take my application even longer to process? Will it affect my background check? Cause at this stage they started processing my bcg. Have anyone experienced this?

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
don't bump others post....

When you submitted your spousal sponsorship.....you were employed.....and correct to write "employed".....if you quit your job now, you don't have to inform visa office.