+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Procedure to get PF Balance Certificate and A/C statement from PF OFFICE - INDIA

paone1

Feb 22, 2017
Dear Aspirants,

*****This is for Employees working in India if they want to use their accumulated PF amount as PROOF OF FUNDS for CIC*****

We all know that CIC and SINP accept Employees' provident fund amount as proof of funds. But, I am not sure if CIC accepts online statements downloaded from EPF/UAN website because it will not have any attestation or digital signatures. So, I have gone through this procedure today to get my "Provident Fund Account Balance Certificate" and "Provident Fund Account Statement" directly from PF office in Hyderabad, India.

Here we go:

1. You need to write a letter to the Regional PF Commissioner requesting for these documents.
(Letter Specimen attached in the below link: **1.Request_Letter.jpg**)
2. You need to go to PF office where your PF account belongs to during weekdays (saturday and sunday are holidays) after 10:00 AM IST.
3. There would be a "Facilitation Center" or "Help Center" at the entrance for addressing daily visitors' requests. An official will listen to your request and provide necessary information. Please approach this official and show him your request letter and tell him what you need.
Important Note: If he says that no such letters/certificates will be provided in PF office, you can argue with him saying such letters are issued to my friends recently and also tell him that PF customer care suggested to get this letter from PF office directly. Then, he will shut his mouth and proceed further. It happened in my case.
4. He will then check all your details in his computer, once satisfied he will give you a receipt and asks you to go and meet Accounts officer in Accounts section.
(Receipt specimen attached in the below link: **2.Receipt.jpg**)
5. Then, you need to go and provide your request letter and receipt to the officer in-charge in Accounts section. He will scrutiny your account details and asks you to come and collect the letter and statement either on the same day or after a couple of days.

*******I have attached all the documents which you get from PF office in the below link

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/cck762oghhd4z04/AACA6MmTZIx3rtUzH4cZNIrPa?dl=0

Note:
* No cost is involved in this procedure and I did not pay a rupee to anyone in PF office.
* They will not attest the statement copies downloaded from UAN website. They have their own format.
* You might have to take leave for a day and then get this work done. So, plan properly.
* The officers in PF office do not know anything about proof of funds concept. You might have to explain them to get your work done smoothly. * They do not even have a format for PF balance certificate. Whatever you write in your request letter, they will replicate the same.
* Make sure you have "Authorized signatures and stamps" on the certificate/statements you get.
* You can download UAN ID card from UAN website and upload it along with these documents while applying for visa through eAPR.

If you need more details, please feel free to get in touch with me through this forum.

All the very best for your immigration.
HI Ramesh,

I would like to use my PF as my POF. Can i show whole PF amount as my POF? for example, Employee share - Rs1Lakh and Emploer share is Rs 50K. then can i show entrire amount (1.5Lakhs) as POF for EE?

Rockyrevan

Star Member
Jun 8, 2018
Dear Aspirants,

*****This is for Employees working in India if they want to use their accumulated PF amount as PROOF OF FUNDS for CIC*****

We all know that CIC and SINP accept Employees' provident fund amount as proof of funds. But, I am not sure if CIC accepts online statements downloaded from EPF/UAN website because it will not have any attestation or digital signatures. So, I have gone through this procedure today to get my "Provident Fund Account Balance Certificate" and "Provident Fund Account Statement" directly from PF office in Hyderabad, India.

Here we go:

1. You need to write a letter to the Regional PF Commissioner requesting for these documents.
2. You need to go to PF office where your PF account belongs to during weekdays (saturday and sunday are holidays) after 10:00 AM IST.
3. There would be a "Facilitation Center" or "Help Center" at the entrance for addressing daily visitors' requests. An official will listen to your request and provide necessary information. Please approach this official and show him your request letter and tell him what you need.
Important Note: If he says that no such letters/certificates will be provided in PF office, you can argue with him saying such letters are issued to my friends recently and also tell him that PF customer care suggested to get this letter from PF office directly. Then, he will shut his mouth and proceed further. It happened in my case.
4. He will then check all your details in his computer, once satisfied he will give you a receipt and asks you to go and meet Accounts officer in Accounts section.
5. Then, you need to go and provide your request letter and receipt to the officer in-charge in Accounts section. He will scrutiny your account details and asks you to come and collect the letter and statement either on the same day or after a couple of days.

*******I have attached all the documents which you get from PF office in the below link

Note:
* No cost is involved in this procedure and I did not pay a rupee to anyone in PF office.
* They will not attest the statement copies downloaded from UAN website. They have their own format.
* You might have to take leave for a day and then get this work done. So, plan properly.
* The officers in PF office do not know anything about proof of funds concept. You might have to explain them to get your work done smoothly. * They do not even have a format for PF balance certificate. Whatever you write in your request letter, they will replicate the same.
* Make sure you have "Authorized signatures and stamps" on the certificate/statements you get.
* You can download UAN ID card from UAN website and upload it along with these documents while applying for visa through eAPR.

If you need more details, please feel free to get in touch with me through this forum.

Hi me too have PF account at Hyderabad tried all steps suggested..but AG from account section wants employer letter and Pf online Statement for certification..I don't think getting employer letter is an option..hope SINP accept pf online Statement only

Aymank

Aug 10, 2018
Hi

I am in the post ita stage and have already submitted all my documents. It is now 6 months in the process and my file is at NDVO. I had submitted my epfo balance certificate along with the uan card and ledger details. I just realised after reading a couple of posts on balance certificate that my pf balance certificate is not stamped however it is signed . Will this be accepted? Any workarounds on this ..haven't ordered gcms till now

Skm2802

Dec 2, 2019
Hi Ramesh,

thanks for a detailed note. By now you would be in Canada already :) need some guidance

I just have a question on the process followed.

1. The Proof of Fund - as I understand from various posts is the FUND that is currently available in hand - which can be transferred to the bank account when asked for (without a wait period). Considering this - till I don’t leave my current job - the POF is just a letter - interpreted as fund that will be available to the applicant (in near future - depending on the time it takes to complete the paper work (with PF dept) and get this fund into my account)

2. Also what is the maximum % of PF balance can be contributed

3. due to medical exigency in the family - I had to withdraw from the declared Proof of Fund Amount - this I will b doing from my PF (hence wanted to know % of PF balance) - will this withdrawal create any challenges for me

thanks in advance

Dear Aspirants,

Here we go:

Note:

JNAIR1529

Star Member
Jul 8, 2020
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Hey Guys,

I'm going to share one valuable information to all.

https://epfigms.gov.in/

Go to this website and request you need PF balance certificate attested soft copy to below email address for particular PF number (where all cumulative amount resides) for immigration purpose.

Email address:xxxx

You would need UAN and registered mobile number OTP to do this.

By this way, you will get the PF balance certificate in 1 to 2 weeks.

I tried this and got it FYI

Thank you for sharing this!

I wanted to know if any one else has tried this method of submitting a grievance and received an attested soft copy yet?
Any recent instances of 2020 during the lockdown?

vishalpanda

Oct 31, 2020
Dear Aspirants,

Here we go:

Note:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks for a wonderful post that was really helpful.

Will just share my Experience (Thane PF Office)
Hopefully it helps someone.

My Requirement was to obtain an attested/stamped certificate of my PF balance for SINP Proof of funds.
I received an ITA on 14th Sept under NOC 2171.

Initially I visited the Thane PF office at the end of September'20 but was told that most of the employees are not present due to the pandemic so they cannot provide the certificate & I was asked to raise a grievance on their portal (https://epfigms.gov.in/) on which I will definitely get a reply.
After raising grievance for first time I did get a reply in 4 days, the case was disposed off by the officer in-charge with solution that we can use the member passbook downloaded from EPFO portal for this purpose, however I wanted an attested & stamped copy only as I did not want to take any chances of rejection.
So I raised another grievance and to my surprise, was directly contacted by a PF officials who asked me to come down to the PF office & provided the certificate under 2 hours using their own format. The PF official was polite & very helpful. He resolved our queries also patiently.

Date of raising grievance - 22 Oct'20 (Thursday)
Date of Receiving the certificate - 26th Oct'20 (Monday)

arghya009

Sep 19, 2019
All, have a quick question. I am currently in Canada and need of balance amount certificate. Can I send close relative with documents/ authorization letter in epf regional office?

arghya009

Sep 19, 2019
Hi, have a quick question. My pf is with my company trust. Can I get pf balance letter or statement in company letter head and attested? Appreciate for a quick response

vishalpanda

Oct 31, 2020
Hi, have a quick question. My pf is with my company trust. Can I get pf balance letter or statement in company letter head and attested? Appreciate for a quick response
HI, Yes you can do that. Get it on the letter head with attestation & mention the amount of withdrawable funds if possible in the letter :)

AishB

Sep 29, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
13-02-2021
Passport Req..
30-08-2022
Hello,

I want to know if the online PF statement alone is enough to show as POF or do we need to take a letter from the EPFO ?

Komalsalwan

Sep 2, 2021
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hi Arghya, hope you are doing well, Can you help me with what process you followed and did it help you positively? My pf is also with my company’s trust and not sure how to proceed

diyaa110

Nov 10, 2011
All of you who showed EPF as POF and got nominated, how did it go with the CIC when u applied for PR? Was the same EPF sufficient as POF?

For example, if someone shows Employee Provident Fund as Proof Of Funds then is it a given that CIC will also accept the same documents as POF for PR application?

venkataSivudu

Oct 27, 2022
Good Job Ramesh! really helpful.

I have submitted the online statement recently and no query received yet. let see if they asked for stamped one then your experience will be handy.

thanks
KK
Hi KK,

Do you mean, you have submitted the passbook balance sheet from online to immigration department. Did it passthrough successfully?

Yaswanth89

Apr 27, 2023
Hi,

Myself Yaswanth. This is regarding submission of proof of funds to Canada. Can i upload PF statement downloaded from EPFO portal or from employer. I got to know that PF offices are not providing any letter as proof, and also i have 3 PFs and all are located in different cities. I am from Hyderabad. Is there a way to get a letter from Hyderabad regional office? or submitting the statements along with a cover letter will be considered? your response will be highly appreciated.