+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Procedure to get PF Balance Certificate and A/C statement from PF OFFICE - INDIA

coolkaps75

Jun 3, 2014
Ramesh Ainam said:
Dear Aspirants,

*****This is for Employees working in India if they want to use their accumulated PF amount as PROOF OF FUNDS for CIC*****

We all know that CIC and SINP accept Employees' provident fund amount as proof of funds. But, I am not sure if CIC accepts online statements downloaded from EPF/UAN website because it will not have any attestation or digital signatures. So, I have gone through this procedure today to get my "Provident Fund Account Balance Certificate" and "Provident Fund Account Statement" directly from PF office in Hyderabad, India.

Here we go:

1. You need to write a letter to the Regional PF Commissioner requesting for these documents.
(Letter Specimen attached in the below link: **1.Request_Letter.jpg**)
2. You need to go to PF office where your PF account belongs to during weekdays (saturday and sunday are holidays) after 10:00 AM IST.
3. There would be a "Facilitation Center" or "Help Center" at the entrance for addressing daily visitors' requests. An official will listen to your request and provide necessary information. Please approach this official and show him your request letter and tell him what you need.
Important Note: If he says that no such letters/certificates will be provided in PF office, you can argue with him saying such letters are issued to my friends recently and also tell him that PF customer care suggested to get this letter from PF office directly. Then, he will shut his mouth and proceed further. It happened in my case.
4. He will then check all your details in his computer, once satisfied he will give you a receipt and asks you to go and meet Accounts officer in Accounts section.
(Receipt specimen attached in the below link: **2.Receipt.jpg**)
5. Then, you need to go and provide your request letter and receipt to the officer in-charge in Accounts section. He will scrutiny your account details and asks you to come and collect the letter and statement either on the same day or after a couple of days.

*******I have attached all the documents which you get from PF office in the below link

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/cck762oghhd4z04/AACA6MmTZIx3rtUzH4cZNIrPa?dl=0

Note:
* No cost is involved in this procedure and I did not pay a rupee to anyone in PF office.
* They will not attest the statement copies downloaded from UAN website. They have their own format.
* You might have to take leave for a day and then get this work done. So, plan properly.
* The officers in PF office do not know anything about proof of funds concept. You might have to explain them to get your work done smoothly. * They do not even have a format for PF balance certificate. Whatever you write in your request letter, they will replicate the same.
* Make sure you have "Authorized signatures and stamps" on the certificate/statements you get.
* You can download UAN ID card from UAN website and upload it along with these documents while applying for visa through eAPR.

If you need more details, please feel free to get in touch with me through this forum.

All the very best for your immigration.
Good Job Ramesh! really helpful.

I have submitted the online statement recently and no query received yet. let see if they asked for stamped one then your experience will be handy.

thanks
KK

melmathews

Star Member
Mar 6, 2016
Mumbai
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-05-2017
Med's Done....
23-04-2017
Passport Req..
21-07-2018
VISA ISSUED...
27-07-2018
coolkaps75 said:
Hi Amit,

I have submitted the PF statement online for my SINP application along with MF and FDs. all were in the form of online statement.

Did you also use the online statement for your rest of the documents? how is your experience?

thanks
KK
Hey coolkaps75, quick question regarding PoFs. How did you show the details of amount invested in Mutual Funds? Did you just upload statement for the same??

talcan

Jun 10, 2016
Thanks a ton Ramesh Garu! Very detailed post. I was actually thinking it will not be valid as a proof of funds document.

I am also from Hyderabad - planning to file my application soon. Would be nice, if we can connect offline. Thanks.

averma

Aug 9, 2015
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-2016
Doc's Request.
10-11-2016
Nomination.....
16-12-2016
AOR Received.
23-08-2016
Ramesh Ainam said:
Dear Aspirants,

*****This is for Employees working in India if they want to use their accumulated PF amount as PROOF OF FUNDS for CIC*****

We all know that CIC and SINP accept Employees' provident fund amount as proof of funds. But, I am not sure if CIC accepts online statements downloaded from EPF/UAN website because it will not have any attestation or digital signatures. So, I have gone through this procedure today to get my "Provident Fund Account Balance Certificate" and "Provident Fund Account Statement" directly from PF office in Hyderabad, India.

Here we go:

1. You need to write a letter to the Regional PF Commissioner requesting for these documents.
2. You need to go to PF office where your PF account belongs to during weekdays (saturday and sunday are holidays) after 10:00 AM IST.
3. There would be a "Facilitation Center" or "Help Center" at the entrance for addressing daily visitors' requests. An official will listen to your request and provide necessary information. Please approach this official and show him your request letter and tell him what you need.
Important Note: If he says that no such letters/certificates will be provided in PF office, you can argue with him saying such letters are issued to my friends recently and also tell him that PF customer care suggested to get this letter from PF office directly. Then, he will shut his mouth and proceed further. It happened in my case.
4. He will then check all your details in his computer, once satisfied he will give you a receipt and asks you to go and meet Accounts officer in Accounts section.
5. Then, you need to go and provide your request letter and receipt to the officer in-charge in Accounts section. He will scrutiny your account details and asks you to come and collect the letter and statement either on the same day or after a couple of days.

*******I have attached all the documents which you get from PF office in the below link

Note:
* No cost is involved in this procedure and I did not pay a rupee to anyone in PF office.
* They will not attest the statement copies downloaded from UAN website. They have their own format.
* You might have to take leave for a day and then get this work done. So, plan properly.
* The officers in PF office do not know anything about proof of funds concept. You might have to explain them to get your work done smoothly. * They do not even have a format for PF balance certificate. Whatever you write in your request letter, they will replicate the same.
* Make sure you have "Authorized signatures and stamps" on the certificate/statements you get.
* You can download UAN ID card from UAN website and upload it along with these documents while applying for visa through eAPR.

If you need more details, please feel free to get in touch with me through this forum.

Hi, I would like to share my experience with PF office. My current PF account is maintained by EPFO, SRO, Noida Branch. I went their and at the reception told my requirement. The person sitting on the counter made some strange faces as if I have asked for his kidney. 10 second pause and then angrily said "No such certificates are issued by PF office". I told him let me meet the person who is taking care of PF account of all employees of my organization. He allowed me this and I was so obliged that I felt like hugging him....... Jokes apart.. The person whom I met said we gave similar PF statements to another person who was applying for Visa but he also said that no such certificates are issued. Then I told him that a friend of mine got a certificate issued from some other PF branch and then he asked for the copy of that certificate. He attached the copy and the PF ledger statement which he took from their system along with my written application. He then went inside PF commissioner cabin and asked me to wait outside. After about 10 minutes called me inside and was surprised to hear PF commissioner statement. He said he is willing to attest the e-passbook which can be downloaded from UAN website but not the ledger statement. Also told that no such certificates are issued. I then told him that lets assume Visa Officer has 5 application from India and 4 applications has the PF certificate but only my application does not has it then don't you think that Visa Officer will doubt the genuineness of my case. He then said if visa officer has doubts he will ask for additional documents. I said no they do not have much time and instead they will not accept my PF account as Proof of Funds which will affect my eligibility. He then said this is a very hypothetical statement. I again requested him and then he said first get me epassbook. I then reset my password and it took time as I lost my old number and was not able to receive One Time Password. I finally managed to login to my UAN account and downloaded epassbook. I don't know if anyone has noticed this or not that online epassbook PF statement from UAN website clearly mentions at the bottom "Not to be used in case of legal issues". I have a feeling that this might create some confusion in Visa Officer's mind.

Now my question is below.

1. I have got a certificate from my employer which states that I hold a PF account with Account Number since so and so date. Further states that PF amount can be withdrawn if a person leaves India for permanent settlement. However the letter issued by employer does not mention the amount in my PF account as they told me that this can be only provided by PF office. Can I use this certificate along with online statement (unattested) and submit. Will this work? Or do I need to mandatorily take a certificate from PF office only. Please advice.
2. Secondly PF account of my wife is a in house account with her employer. Her employer has issued a certificate mentioning the balance plus a PF statement as well. Can I use this now?

Please help me guys.

averma

Aug 9, 2015
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-2016
Doc's Request.
10-11-2016
Nomination.....
16-12-2016
AOR Received.
23-08-2016
amitsolanki14 said:
Hello All,

Just an experience that i would like to share with you all, I had uploaded the UAN Passbook (Online Statement of PF) for PF and it was accepted.
How i came to know this is via my GCMS notes. Did not do any attestation as such for that online statement.

Amit
Hey just red your post. Online statement mentions at the bottom "Not to be used for legal purposes". Will it create any issue? I know in your case it did not and it was accepted.

Secondly did you only submit PF statements? Or you also submitted PF certificate? Please help.

coolkaps75

Jun 3, 2014
Ramesh Ainam said:
Dear Aspirants,

Here we go:

Note:

Ramesh, Initially I submitted the online statement but later they asked for official letter or certificate from EPF office. I did the same but I got the query again and now they want to see any surrender penalties applicable; so apparently they want to see the current value of fund if I have to close as on today. not sure EPF office can provide such certificate with surrender value? did you receive such objection from them later?

thanks
KK

Canada2425

Jun 1, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-11-2016
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
17-11-2016
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
15-12-2016
Med's Request
NA
Med's Done....
18-11-2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
10-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
17-03-2017
LANDED..........
18-06-2017
Ramesh Ainam said:
Dear Aspirants,

Hi Ramesh,

This thread was a complete surprise to me as I thought they don't consider PF balance at all. Thanks a lot for sharing this information. +1 to you :)
I'm still waiting for ITA so what do you suggest, shall I wait for ITA or go ahead and complete the process you have mentioned?
If I get it done now and I get my ITA in let's say 3-4 months, it will definitely boost my POF and 3-4 months' PF amount won't make much of the difference.

Thank you.

Canada2425

Jun 1, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-11-2016
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
17-11-2016
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
15-12-2016
Med's Request
NA
Med's Done....
18-11-2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
10-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
17-03-2017
LANDED..........
18-06-2017
melmathews said:
Hey coolkaps75, quick question regarding PoFs. How did you show the details of amount invested in Mutual Funds? Did you just upload statement for the same??
Can anyone share their experience related to MFs. Very few people hold the required amount (CAD 12K+) as pure cash. I hope Cash equivalents come to rescue for POF. So, PF Balance, MFs will contribute to POF.

Canada2425

Jun 1, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-11-2016
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
17-11-2016
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
15-12-2016
Med's Request
NA
Med's Done....
18-11-2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
10-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
17-03-2017
LANDED..........
18-06-2017
melmathews said:
Canada2425 said:
Can anyone share their experience related to MFs. Very few people hold the required amount (CAD 12K+) as pure cash. I hope Cash equivalents come to rescue for POF. So, PF Balance, MFs will contribute to POF.
Can anyone share their experience regarding active MFs? I'm getting mixed responses on this.

sanjsin9

Star Member
Feb 20, 2013
Canada
Ramesh Ainam said:
Dear Aspirants,

Here we go:

Note:

Great info brother - very helpful for people facing issues with POF

musicnlyrx

Sep 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ramesh Ainam said:
Dear Aspirants,

Here we go:

Note:

This is great information to share.
Thanks Ramesh. + 1 added

sanjsin9

Star Member
Feb 20, 2013
Canada
Ramesh Ainam said:
Dear Aspirants,

Here we go:

Note:

my PF account is in karnataka PY/KRP/ , can i get this certificate from Hyderabad office ?

Canada2425

Jun 1, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-11-2016
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
17-11-2016
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
15-12-2016
Med's Request
NA
Med's Done....
18-11-2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
10-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
17-03-2017
LANDED..........
18-06-2017
sanjsin9 said:
my PF account is in karnataka PY/KRP/ , can i get this certificate from Hyderabad office ?
Yea, similar question. Do we need to go to the PF office where our account is? Mine is MH/BANDRA, can I got to Pune office and request for the certificate?
Data will be same everywhere, so that should be fine but you know never know. I may give it a try as PF office in Pune is not that far as Mumbai is. ;)

tushard8

Nov 11, 2015
Ramesh Ainam said:
Dear Aspirants,

Here we go:

Note:

Great post Ramesh, thanks for sharing your experience.
I am in a different situation. I am in UK and I won't be personally able to go to my PF office which is in Delhi, India. As an alternative I have downloaded my PF passbook using UAN number and attached to my NBPNP application. Thanks god it successfully went thru and I received nomination as well. Now I am in stage to submit my CIC application for PR where in again I have to show POFs. Should I go ahead and use the same online passbook which I had used for NBPNP or I should arrange an attested letter as mentioned in your post ?

If I have to arrange an attesetd letter then is there any option that someone else can go on mybhelaf and do this process , as I am not in India now ?

Thanks in advance !!

Cheers !

Reactions: Saidkhan

zpat978

Feb 7, 2016
tushard8 said:
Great post Ramesh, thanks for sharing your experience.
I am in a different situation. I am in UK and I won't be personally able to go to my PF office which is in Delhi, India. As an alternative I have downloaded my PF passbook using UAN number and attached to my NBPNP application. Thanks god it successfully went thru and I received nomination as well. Now I am in stage to submit my CIC application for PR where in again I have to show POFs. Should I go ahead and use the same online passbook which I had used for NBPNP or I should arrange an attested letter as mentioned in your post ?

If I have to arrange an attesetd letter then is there any option that someone else can go on mybhelaf and do this process , as I am not in India now ?

Thanks in advance !!

Cheers !
Hi tushar,

I am in the process of obtaining my EPF balance and have sent a email to epf team, awaiting reply. I stay in mumbai but my account is in chennai. Mumbai office said they cannot issue such letter as EPF data is not centralized yet. Dont know what to do, difficult to travel to chennai to get this statement. Anyone was able to get this letter from a diifferent epf office that where their account is?

Also i read you applied to NBPNP, please could you help what is the process for NBPNP, is it possible only via Express Entry stream or they have their own process for PNP, also is connection to NB must for NBPNP?