Procedural Fairness

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I've got every document from my university which strongly proves that I'm a genuine student and I did not misrepresent any of my educational qualifications. It also enclosed all the approvals and accreditations required by and Institution to grant education in India. I have strong academics which I earned with hard work. Even my IELTS score is 7.5. After all the hard work I got banned for misrepresentation which I truly didn't do! It's very painful when you suffer for something which you didn't do! If you can help in any way I thank you in Advance. But please don't judge so easily.
Again, misrepresentation for what exactly and how did you respond? What exactly about your educational qualifications did IRCC have concerns about? Copy the exact wording from the Procedural Fairness letter, with personal information removed.

Reactions: Anvesh_dark

Anvesh_dark

May 1, 2019
This was the letter from the visa officer -

Specifically, I have concerns that you may be inadmissible for misrepresentation. The Bhagwant
University documents that you submitted in support of your application were issued by an unrecognized
board/institute that lacks the authority in India to grant education credentials. I have concerns that you
misrepresented your education qualifications.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
This was the letter from the visa officer -

Specifically, I have concerns that you may be inadmissible for misrepresentation. The Bhagwant
University documents that you submitted in support of your application were issued by an unrecognized
board/institute that lacks the authority in India to grant education credentials. I have concerns that you
misrepresented your education qualifications.
And how did you respond?

Anvesh_dark

May 1, 2019
I was given a time of just 10 days. I responded with a letter form my University Vice chancellor/President stating that I am a bonafide student of University. In support I provided the visa officer with all my fee receipts of four years which I secured and also attached my university certifications.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I was given a time of just 10 days. I responded with a letter form my University Vice chancellor/President stating that I am a bonafide student of University. In support I provided the visa officer with all my fee receipts of four years which I secured and also attached my university certifications.
Showing that you attended the university didn't actually address the issue, which was that your documents were issued by an unrecognized institute that doesn't have the authority to grant education credentials. Did you submit anything to address that?

Anvesh_dark

May 1, 2019
Yes, I did! UGC (University Grant Commission) is the only association that provides a University with an authority to grant eduacation. I enclosed a photocopy of Bhagwant University's UGC certificate and also AIU ( Association of Indian Universities) membership certificate which states that the university is recognized by govt. of India and is an active member o AIU. In support we also enclosed all certifications required to run different departments in a university.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Yes, I did! UGC (University Grant Commission) is the only association that provides a University with an authority to grant eduacation. I enclosed a photocopy of Bhagwant University's UGC certificate and also AIU ( Association of Indian Universities) membership certificate which states that the university is recognized by govt. of India and is an active member o AIU. In support we also enclosed all certifications required to run different departments in a university.
A quick Google search indicates that the university has been in trouble for issuing fake degrees and not operating properly.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
But my degree is genuine. Is there anything that I can do now?
No, nothing you can do. Unfortunately you have fallen victim to a fake university. Your degree is not worth anything and will not be recognized anywhere.

I'm sorry for your situation.

Last edited:

Anvesh_dark

May 1, 2019
But, plenty of my friends and seniors who graduated from the same university are pursuing their higher education in Canada. Can a lawyer help me with this issue ?

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
But, plenty of my friends and seniors who graduated from the same university are pursuing their higher education in Canada. Can a lawyer help me with this issue ?
No, not really. Your friends and seniors were lucky to get their permits before UGC started investigating this "college". Their permits can be cancelled as well, even though they are here already.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/jaipur/four-pvt-univs-under-scanner-for-flouting-norms/articleshow/64992876.cms

A lawyer can do nothing to overturn this ban.

Reactions: canuck_in_uk

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Thank you Sir, I applied for WES evaluation a week ago. And it's in process. Once I get that I'm planning to reapply with guidance of a Lawyer.
You have been banned for five years. Any applications made in those five years will immediately be rejected. They aren't even going to look at your application.

The only way to overturn this ban is to challenge it in Canada's Federal Court - and the chances of that happening are basically zero.

Anyway, if you wish to spend your money with no hope of getting a Canadian visa for five years, that's your decision.

Reactions: canuck_in_uk