+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

procedural fairness / PFL success stories?

Faizankarim

Jan 21, 2020
I received a procedural Fairness letter stating that i failed to disclose that I have been refused 3 visas to us and 4 to Australia . The reason I mentioned No In the form was that both Australia and USA had given me the visas later on and I currently hold valid visas from both of the countries.
I have replied to PFL and informed the same that it was a misunderstanding of question, as i understood that I was supposed to give the latest information according to which both USA AND AUSTRALIA had reconsidered my applications and granted me the visas.

Are there any success stories for trv after PFL in such a case?

Last edited:

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
The PFL was sent to determine whether you should get a 5-year ban or not for the misrepresentation. Your TRV application will almost certainly be denied.

the question also clearly asks if you’ve EVER been denied a visa, so not really sure how you reached the interpretation that you can answer “no” because you have those valid visas.

Faizankarim

Jan 21, 2020
The PFL was sent to determine whether you should get a 5-year ban or not for the misrepresentation. Your TRV application will almost certainly be denied.

the question also clearly asks if you’ve EVER been denied a visa, so not really sure how you reached the interpretation that you can answer “no” because you have those valid visas.
I know I misunderstood the question :( , hope that they dont put a ban :(

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
It's up to them now, whether they feel your explanation is good enough or not.

I think you may still be granted a TRV, because otherwise they would have just denied you the visa and hit you with the 5 year ban.

But you have to be careful with this stuff.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
I think you may still be granted a TRV, because otherwise they would have just denied you the visa and hit you with the 5 year ban.
Not true. The procedural requirement is they send out the PFL in any situation where they plan to put a ban in place. IRCC can’t just issue a 5 year ban without offering the opportunity for the applicant to respond to the findings. It IRCCs means of offering due process, otherwise it leaves them exposed to litigation.

Aryash

Feb 5, 2021
I received a procedural Fairness letter stating that i failed to disclose that I have been refused 3 visas to us and 4 to Australia . The reason I mentioned No In the form was that both Australia and USA had given me the visas later on and I currently hold valid visas from both of the countries.
I have replied to PFL and informed the same that it was a misunderstanding of question, as i understood that I was supposed to give the latest information according to which both USA AND AUSTRALIA had reconsidered my applications and granted me the visas.

Are there any success stories for trv after PFL in such a case?
did you get the visa?

phaniroy123

Feb 7, 2021
Hiii received PFL. I mentioned them about my USA F1 student visa refusal but forgot to mention about my USA tourist visa refusal.I need help

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
Not true. The procedural requirement is they send out the PFL in any situation where they plan to put a ban in place. IRCC can’t just issue a 5 year ban without offering the opportunity for the applicant to respond to the findings. It IRCCs means of offering due process, otherwise it leaves them exposed to litigation.
Yes, it doesn't mean they won't grant the visa afterwards however, just like many people have received PR after obtaining a PFL if their explanation regarding the issue raised is satisfactory.

Reactions: Fishanzi and maxiie