+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

procedural fairness / PFL success stories?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
yes this year my college is in the list of this kind of things but I have passed out in 2013.
You should have mentioned this in your post. So IRCC doesn’t believe your degree is genuine as they believe your degree is fraudulent. Even though, your degree is from 7 years ago then investigators may be going back years to review degrees. How many days do you have to reply? Get a good Canadian lawyer as you probably need a new ECA to show that it isn’t fraudulent and given the timelines you will not have an ECA in time.

umer_razzaq90

Star Member
Aug 22, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
October 05, 2018
LANDED..........
July 03, 2019
did u reply PFL?? and can you elaborate your case did they ask you to upload response through CIC account??
To help you understand my case. I have two TRV apps in process.
App A. Withdrawal request submitted Feb 14, received PFL on March 11, Withdrawal letter received March 16.
App B. Submitted Feb 15, Sent Letter of exp for mistakenly missing USA visa refusal on Feb 23, received refusal of visa on March 16, 2021.

Now, as PFL was issued prior to withdrawal letter. So, i still have submitted Letter of explanation for App A (same as it was already sent to IRCC on Feb 23 for TRV app B).

Hope that helps. Good Luck for your app.

pouria1989

May 10, 2021
I applied for my study permit and my wife's visit visa in December. Forgot to disclose her previous visa refusals from the US as we misread the question and thought they only meant refusals from Canada. Received a PFL in April. replied with all the refusals and reasons for refusal. twice it was due to Trump's Muslim ban. we mentioned that with all the supporting evidence. including supporting documents for the US visas. Received the PPR today and she was approved. This forum gave me a lot of anxiety but turned out fine. as long as you are sincere and disclose the truth it should be fine. Please make sure to take responsibility for your mistake as your application is not anyone else's responsibility. Although I was my wife's representative. She made sure to take responsibility herself, in the PFL response. Good luck to everyone

Aryash

Feb 5, 2021
I applied for my study permit and my wife's visit visa in December. Forgot to disclose her previous visa refusals from the US as we misread the question and thought they only meant refusals from Canada. Received a PFL in April. replied with all the refusals and reasons for refusal. twice it was due to Trump's Muslim ban. we mentioned that with all the supporting evidence. including supporting documents for the US visas. Received the PPR today and she was approved. This forum gave me a lot of anxiety but turned out fine. as long as you are sincere and disclose the truth it should be fine. Please make sure to take responsibility for your mistake as your application is not anyone else's responsibility. Although I was my wife's representative. She made sure to take responsibility herself, in the PFL response. Good luck to everyone
Happy for your good news. Could you please kindly mention how long they take to make final decision after reply of PFL & did you reply PFL by yourself or hire lawyer? I am waiting my decision since two months.

pouria1989

May 10, 2021
Happy for your good news. Could you please kindly mention how long they take to make final decision after reply of PFL & did you reply PFL by yourself or hire lawyer? I am waiting my decision since two months.
We wrote the reply ourselves and got a lawyer to look it over and give us advice. it really helped as he pointed out a few things that we didn't know. for instance, taking responsibility is a major step. but we received the PFL on April 8, sent the response on April 15, and got the correspondence letter on May 6 and approval/PPR today

Reactions: maxiie and Sunny329

Aryash

Feb 5, 2021
You applied student & your spouse applied for dependent?? I have send my PFL reply on March 6 still waiting for decision? I also received PFL not mentioning US visa refusal in application form which was in 2015. Really anxious and waiting time is so hard.

pouria1989

May 10, 2021
Yeah, she was my dependent. The wait is the worse part, but hopefully, our case gives you some hope. as long as you wrote everything sincerely it should be fine. Good luck, you'd get an answer any day now.
You applied student & your spouse applied for dependent?? I have send my PFL reply on March 6 still waiting for decision? I also received PFL not mentioning US visa refusal in application form which was in 2015. Really anxious and waiting time is so hard.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
We wrote the reply ourselves and got a lawyer to look it over and give us advice. it really helped as he pointed out a few things that we didn't know. for instance, taking responsibility is a major step. but we received the PFL on April 8, sent the response on April 15, and got the correspondence letter on May 6 and approval/PPR today
Would assume the fact that TRump put in a Muslim ban likely helped your case since Canada wasn't in support of the ban and it wasn't a traditional refusal. You never know. Plenty of others who take responsibility and still get banned.

Reactions: maxiie

Aryash

Feb 5, 2021
what actually you mention in PFL? In my case I mention my consultant did mistake & submitted all refusal documents of US during reply. When is your intake and which college /Uni you going? Your positive decision is little hope for us.

pouria1989

May 10, 2021
what actually you mention in PFL? In my case I mention my consultant did mistake & submitted all refusal documents of US during reply. When is your intake and which college /Uni you going? Your positive decision is little hope for us.
Yeah, that's the one thing our lawyer said to stay away from. Apparently, it's the last thing the officer wants to hear, as it clearly mentions all the info provided is your responsibility. so as others mentioned, it's about the circumstances and from my experience taking responsibility for your mistake rather than blaming anyone else.