I got my PR in sept 2021
We both are in canada from 2016.
No never indicate common law on taxes.
We received refusal letter on 10 march.
When did you start living together?

Apr 1, 2023
We never lived together.
We know each other from back home.
Both of us and bunch of our friends applied for same course in same collage in canada So when we arrive here we rent a house instead of living separately we all decided live at one place
We do live under same address but there is nothing like common law among us . He shared room with one of his friend and i share room with my friend.
But our representative mention that we live together thats it and now ircc state that we are in common law as we have been living together and during my pr application i didnt declare my partner so i cant spousor him.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
We never lived together.
We know each other from back home.
Both of us and bunch of our friends applied for same course in same collage in canada So when we arrive here we rent a house instead of living separately we all decided live at one place
We do live under same address but there is nothing like common law among us . He shared room with one of his friend and i share room with my friend.
But our representative mention that we live together thats it and now ircc state that we are in common law as we have been living together and during my pr application i didnt declare my partner so i cant spousor him.
It is going to be very hard to convince IRCC that you weren’t living together as a couple for years before you married. Even when people have originally rented separate rooms couples tend to move into one room at a certain point although the may keep the extra room. The fact that your first application indicated that you were living together creates problems. You need to provide strong evidence to prove that you were not sharing a room together. Does your lease specify who is living in which bedroom? You’ll need letters from the other roommate breaking down the sleeping arrangements over time. When did you move out of the shared house? What kind of property did you rent afterwards? No matter what you had to update your CRA profiles once you were married so you need to both update that and indicate you’ve been married since May 2021

Reactions: Naturgrl
Apr 1, 2023
It is going to be very hard to convince IRCC that you weren’t living together as a couple for years before you married. Even people had originally rented separate rooms couples tend to primarily move into one room at a certain point. The fact that your first application indicated that you were living together creates problems. No matter what you had to update your CRA profiles once you were married so you need to both update that and indicate you’ve been married since May 2021
Yes we did update cRA profile after we get married.

Uran1

Mar 29, 2024
My spouse and I meet here in Canada when we were studying in University and after completing his study he got the open work permit.(which expired on Jan 2022)
When we applied for the spouse sponsorship PR application (applied on July 2021) we had applied for open work permit.
And this application is in progress.
Hi niks
Any update here. I am in the same boat. Got PR in July 2020 and in 2023 Applied outland application for my spouse but didnt know to add him as common law before landing . I got a call from asking why i didnt declare him as common law partner and she said she will add some notes but i guess she will refuse.
Are you hiring a lawyer ? Let me know too if yes

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi niks
Any update here. I am in the same boat. Got PR in July 2020 and in 2023 Applied outland application for my spouse but didnt know to add him as common law before landing . I got a call from asking why i didnt declare him as common law partner and she said she will add some notes but i guess she will refuse.
Can your spouse qualify for PR on their own through an economic immigration progam like Express Entry? Generally this isn't a problem that a lawyer can fix.

Flyingfast

Feb 9, 2022
Hi niks
1. You are asked in the forms you fill out if you are in a relationship.
2. They ask you again when they request your passport.
3. You are asked again when you land and sign the COPR.

You had 3 opportunities and you lied all 3 times? That's why you will be refused and banned for sponsoring your spouse.