+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Procedural Fairness Letter

Orange0616

Oct 15, 2020
What did the letter say exactly? I had received a PFL in the past regarding employment. All got cleared and got my ppr. Be very careful about it though because it means they were ready to reject your application but they had to give you one last chance to explain for yourself.
Hi! May I know what was the issue in your employment before? As for me, there was a change of management and so when the VO did a background check, the new manager didnt know about my application anymore and told the VO that the job offer letter didnt come from their office. The new manager then realized she did a mistake after verifying it to the previous manager. Indeed, there was lack of proper hand over. The new manager clarified her statement to VO and sent an updated job offer. I have yet to reply the PFL and working it with my lawyer. Is it something similiar to your case? How long did the IRCC replied your PFL? Im so relieved someone has gotten a postive outcome after receiving their PFL. Ive not read a lot of successful stories here.

Mike@2019

Oct 13, 2019
Hi! May I know what was the issue in your employment before? As for me, there was a change of management and so when the VO did a background check, the new manager didnt know about my application anymore and told the VO that the job offer letter didnt come from their office. The new manager then realized she did a mistake after verifying it to the previous manager. Indeed, there was lack of proper hand over. The new manager clarified her statement to VO and sent an updated job offer. I have yet to reply the PFL and working it with my lawyer. Is it something similiar to your case? How long did the IRCC replied your PFL? Im so relieved someone has gotten a postive outcome after receiving their PFL. Ive not read a lot of successful stories here.
Hello,
How did they get through to the manager? Was it by email or phone call?
And also is the employment in Canada or outside Canada?

Orange0616

Oct 15, 2020
Hello,
How did they get through to the manager? Was it by email or phone call?
And also is the employment in Canada or outside Canada?
They were able to get through the manager through phone call background check. The employment is outside Canada. I am currently in Singapore when Instarted my PR application through SINP-employment offer. Any similar story as mine?

Rukmay

Oct 22, 2020
Good day.

I was just sent a procedural fairness letter for my work experience between 2016 February to 2017 August.

The facts;

I finished my masters from the United Kingdom and returned to my country in 2015 December. My family owns an educational institution where I started some small time employment as a procurement officer by February 2016. Also, before I returned from the United Kingdom, I had started an interview process with another company (Company A hereon referred to) as a Territory Sales Manager.

By January 2016, I was just concluding with company A and had my last interview in that January. By February, I was offered an employment on probation for 6 months. However, I also decided to hone my skills in procurement with the family owned education institution started in February. The job of a procurement officer was to sieve through quotations sent in by suppliers and pass on to the manager my recommendations. This was done mostly through emails as I had already started working with company A.

I applied to Canada to do an MBA in August 2016 and while filling my application, under work experience, I filled the procurement officer which I was doing at the educational institution. This is because when I asked for a reference letter from Company A, I was turned down as I had not completed my probation period. Besides, I need just one reference letter and it was easier to get the letter from the educational institution than from Company A. Please note, by this time, I had gathered experience in both procurement and Sales.

I officially resigned from the educational institution by 2017 to focus fully on my sales career, especially as I had started thriving and receiving awards from there, I was also confirmed after the probationary period and had decided on focusing fully on my sales career.

While filling my express entry profile, I claimed points for the territory sales manager from 2016 to 2017 as this is the NOC which I have the complete 3 years works experience. IRCC has sent an email to Company A and have also gotten a response. However, they have sent a procedural fairness letter citing possible misrepresentation of my work experience during that period. I have the offer letter from company A, email correspondence before I got the job, when I started. I can request for the email turning down the letter request I made for reference to school, I have letters from when I was congratulated for a job well done, I have my signed letter of acceptance of the offer etc.

I need advise on if these can be presented as I have heard that a procedural fairness letter almost always precedes a refusal even after all evidence is submitted. I have been on this process for over a year and a lot of funds have gone into this.

Aniticipate your response.

Thank you.

avnee

May 14, 2019
I’m June 2018 PNP Saskatchewan applicant
Hello guys
Need help regarding the procedural fairness letter I received for my pnp PR application. I went back to home country in March 2020, for just less than 2 months and got stuck in Covid. However got back on December 1, now under quarantine.
The officer said in the letter:
“”””Job Offer / Intent to reside
According to the information provided within your application for Permanent Residency, you left Canada in March 2020 and have been in India since that date.
Your current work permit is restricted to Subway and the nomination is based on your intent to reside in the province of Saskatchewan.
Based on the information you provided on August 17, 2020, I am not satisfied that you intend to reside in the province that nominated you and that you still have a valid job offer.
Before I make a final decision, you may submit additional information relating to this issue.
You have 30 days from the date of this letter to submit additional information to me via your MyCIC account.
If you choose not to respond with additional information I will make my decision based on the information before me, which may result in the refusal of your application.
I look forward to receiving your additional information.””””
However, while I was in India, my owner sold the subway to someone else! The new employer would give me work as my WP is under that subway as it mention subway and location of the town I work in on my work permit. So, if I provide job offer from the new owner of subway and a photo of weekly schedule that I’m working at the same location along with my residency proof like rental agreement, would that be sufficient?

please help! Thank you

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
Good day.

I was just sent a procedural fairness letter for my work experience between 2016 February to 2017 August.

The facts;

I finished my masters from the United Kingdom and returned to my country in 2015 December. My family owns an educational institution where I started some small time employment as a procurement officer by February 2016. Also, before I returned from the United Kingdom, I had started an interview process with another company (Company A hereon referred to) as a Territory Sales Manager.

By January 2016, I was just concluding with company A and had my last interview in that January. By February, I was offered an employment on probation for 6 months. However, I also decided to hone my skills in procurement with the family owned education institution started in February. The job of a procurement officer was to sieve through quotations sent in by suppliers and pass on to the manager my recommendations. This was done mostly through emails as I had already started working with company A.

I applied to Canada to do an MBA in August 2016 and while filling my application, under work experience, I filled the procurement officer which I was doing at the educational institution. This is because when I asked for a reference letter from Company A, I was turned down as I had not completed my probation period. Besides, I need just one reference letter and it was easier to get the letter from the educational institution than from Company A. Please note, by this time, I had gathered experience in both procurement and Sales.

I officially resigned from the educational institution by 2017 to focus fully on my sales career, especially as I had started thriving and receiving awards from there, I was also confirmed after the probationary period and had decided on focusing fully on my sales career.

While filling my express entry profile, I claimed points for the territory sales manager from 2016 to 2017 as this is the NOC which I have the complete 3 years works experience. IRCC has sent an email to Company A and have also gotten a response. However, they have sent a procedural fairness letter citing possible misrepresentation of my work experience during that period. I have the offer letter from company A, email correspondence before I got the job, when I started. I can request for the email turning down the letter request I made for reference to school, I have letters from when I was congratulated for a job well done, I have my signed letter of acceptance of the offer etc.

I need advise on if these can be presented as I have heard that a procedural fairness letter almost always precedes a refusal even after all evidence is submitted. I have been on this process for over a year and a lot of funds have gone into this.

Aniticipate your response.

Thank you.
Did everything work out? I just saw your post, you have to be very careful with all work experience you list for points for your application.

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
I’m June 2018 PNP Saskatchewan applicant
Hello guys
Need help regarding the procedural fairness letter I received for my pnp PR application. I went back to home country in March 2020, for just less than 2 months and got stuck in Covid. However got back on December 1, now under quarantine.
The officer said in the letter:
“”””Job Offer / Intent to reside
According to the information provided within your application for Permanent Residency, you left Canada in March 2020 and have been in India since that date.
Your current work permit is restricted to Subway and the nomination is based on your intent to reside in the province of Saskatchewan.
Based on the information you provided on August 17, 2020, I am not satisfied that you intend to reside in the province that nominated you and that you still have a valid job offer.
Before I make a final decision, you may submit additional information relating to this issue.
You have 30 days from the date of this letter to submit additional information to me via your MyCIC account.
If you choose not to respond with additional information I will make my decision based on the information before me, which may result in the refusal of your application.
I look forward to receiving your additional information.””””
However, while I was in India, my owner sold the subway to someone else! The new employer would give me work as my WP is under that subway as it mention subway and location of the town I work in on my work permit. So, if I provide job offer from the new owner of subway and a photo of weekly schedule that I’m working at the same location along with my residency proof like rental agreement, would that be sufficient?

please help! Thank you
I think that would be sufficient proof.

sky4266

Star Member
Jan 22, 2021
What did the letter say exactly? I had received a PFL in the past regarding employment. All got cleared and got my ppr. Be very careful about it though because it means they were ready to reject your application but they had to give you one last chance to explain for yourself.
Can you help me with my PFL please

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

sky4266

Star Member
Jan 22, 2021
You need to tell us what the letter says.
Basically I was working full time with an employer but back in November 2020 I was met with a road accident and couldn’t work for them for almost 3 months, I am still gradually returning to work as per the Doctor’s instructions given. Because I was working reduced hours so i mentioned in my updated schedule A that I am part time as I was only working 4-8 hrs a week. I had applied under Atlantic Intermediate Skilled Program and now they say that
Your updated schedule a an employer reference letter Indicates that You are not currently part time position With a designated employer. You must provide further documentation That supports That your current position as host is full time. This may include but not limited to ( Recent paystub’s, monthly scheduling documents, time cards)

sky4266

Star Member
Jan 22, 2021
Basically I was working full time with an employer but back in November 2020 I was met with a road accident and couldn’t work for them for almost 3 months, I am still gradually returning to work as per the Doctor’s instructions given. Because I was working reduced hours so i mentioned in my updated schedule A that I am part time as I was only working 4-8 hrs a week. I had applied under Atlantic Intermediate Skilled Program and now they say that
Your updated schedule a an employer reference letter Indicates that You are not currently part time position With a designated employer. You must provide further documentation That supports That your current position as host is full time. This may include but not limited to ( Recent paystub’s, monthly scheduling documents, time cards)
I had applied back in July 2020 after I worked 1560 hours with that emoloyee since April 2019

sky4266

Star Member
Jan 22, 2021
I had applied back in July 2020 after I worked 1560 hours with that emoloyee since April 2019
Would another detailed letter from the employer if they send directly to IRCC would work if they say that I wasn’t unable to work but still he holds a full time position in the company and he’s gradually Returning to work

sky4266

Star Member
Jan 22, 2021
I meant you’re currently in part time position, but what i meant was reduced hours and not actual part time cuz I was going as per the Doctor’s instructions. Also, i had already submitted all the reports and medical evidence

sky4266

Star Member
Jan 22, 2021
I meant you’re currently in part time position, but what i meant was reduced hours and not actual part time cuz I was going as per the Doctor’s instructions. Also, i had already submitted all the reports and medical evidence
I badly need some help over here

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I would recommend that you hire a lawyer to help you respond to the PFL.

I think you will need to provide evidence of your accident, the doctor's letter, an explanation that you would be working full time if it wasn't for the accident, a letter from your employer supporting this and ideally HR documents related to this as well.

I really think legal advice is the way to go at this point. A PFL means that they intend to refused your application unless you can address their concerns.