+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Procedural Fairness Letter

Linda_s74

Aug 1, 2018
Just wanted to say thank you to everyone in this forum for sharing their thoughts and opinions. I responded my PFL on Mar.5th and received a Eligibility Passed Letter from CIC today Mar.13th. What a relief....
I hope you dont mind me asking but what additional documents did you send in the end?

dwyspk

Feb 12, 2019
I hope you dont mind me asking but what additional documents did you send in the end?
Not at all.
My husband and I each wrote a letter stating our story; we asked our landlord, friends and family to write letters for us and did affidavit.
Joint bank account statement till now, bank beneficiary confirmation, phone record, social media posts, messages (translated and certified as my first language is not English). MSP, NOA, Online shopping confirmation(to prove same address). All the evidence provided are dated between the common law period. As we got married later, I submitted ceremony photo, marriage certificate (to prove consistency, not applying common low to obtain PR status).
I was given 30days, and used 29 days. The overall documents that I Submitted were around 120 pages....Really put lots of effort.
Hope this could help you.

Calm2019

Jan 31, 2019
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
November 2, 2018
Doc's Request.
Not Applicable
AOR Received.
November 22, 2018
Med's Request
January 21, 2019
Med's Done....
January 29, 2019
I checked CIC online tool this morning, it shows decision made. And just now another email came that my PR application has been approved! Now waiting Vancouver office to contract me for landing interview!
Congrats!

girlhounds

Star Member
Nov 25, 2017
DUBAI
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
Apr 19 2018
Interview........
Pre arrival Apr 26, 2019
Passport Req..
soon
VISA ISSUED...
soon
LANDED..........
soon
HI EVERYONE,
I have received PFL from CIC on Feb 6, 2019. Just wanted to see if any one has experienced this. Any advice would be appreciated. Below is my time line
Application received on Mar 21,2018
Medical request on September 18, 2018
Additional documents request on January 18, 2019
Approval of sponsorship on January 23, 2019
Procedural Fairness Letter on February 11, 2019

We applied under common law sponsorship. (moved in on March1,2017, married on Sep 22, 2018)
Documents we first submitted 1) Lease agreement 2) Driver License/Medical Card copy 3) supporting letters from two of applicant's family and friend 4) Joint bank account statement 5) 20 photos 6) Transfer of fund (from my husband's account to my account for investment) 7) Airline ticket that we travelled together
When I received my marriage certificate, I submitted it through website at once.
The first time we received additional document request, we submitted :1 ) 2016& 2017 Notice of assessment( filed separately as we did the tax on February, haven't meet the one-year common law requirement) 2)Past 12 months Our separate bank account statement 3) Declaration of common law relationship 4) We submitted our wedding photos as well.

Obviously, those document didn't satisfied our officer, so we received PFL.

Based on the limited evidence that you have provided, I am not satisfied that you and your sponsor
have been cohabiting in the same residence in a conjugal relationship for a period of at least one year
prior to the filing of your application. The Application to Sponsor, Sponsorship Agreement and
Undertaking (IMM1344) was received in our office on March 21, 2018. Canadian courts have set out
the generally accepted characteristics of a conjugal relationship. These involve a mutual commitment
to a shared life and a relationship of some permanence where the two parties are interdependent and
have combined their affairs economically, socially, emotionally and physically. Based on the limited
evidence relative to your mutual cohabitation for a period of one year, I am not satisfied that you and
your sponsor meet the definition of a common-law partnership.
Subsection 12(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act states that a foreign national may be
selected as a member of the family class on the basis of their relationship as the spouse, commonlaw
partner, child, parent or other prescribed family member of a Canadian citizen or permanent
resident.
According to subsection 1(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations, a common-law
partner means, in relation to a person, an individual who is cohabiting with the person in a conjugal
relationship, having so cohabited for a period of at least one year.
According to subsection 124(a) of the Regulations, a foreign national is a member of the spouse or
common-law partner in Canada class if they are the spouse or common-law partner of a sponsor and
cohabit with that sponsor in Canada.
Subsection 16(1) of the Act states that a person who makes an application must answer truthfully all
questions put to them for the purpose of the examination and must produce a visa and all relevant
evidence and documents that the officer reasonably requires.
Subsections 72(1)(c) and 72(1)(d) of the Regulations indicates that a foreign national in Canada
becomes a permanent resident if, following an examination, it is established that they are a member
of that class and they meet the selection criteria and other requirements applicable to that class.

Now I have 30 days to submit any document that may satisfy the officer.
I am review my document and thinking what my problem may be?
1) Visa Officer specifically highlighted "having so cohabited for a period of at least one year" What else might be helpful? I am thinking of furniture purchase receipt, text message/telephone bill, landlord's letter. Anything else?
2) I didn't have employee benefit package or life insurance with my husband?
3) Is the officer only looking at the proof based on my common law relationship regardless of the fact that we are already married?
4) When I filed the application, I wanted to extend work visa, but I called CIC they told me there is still 15month on it, so you do need to do it right. Now with 4 month expiration date, I guess have to extend it first before submitting other documents?
5) We went back to China together on Dec.31,2017 to meet each other's parent. But I came back three weeks later than my husband. I checked on CIC, short-term separation is accepted, maybe I should write a letter to explain?
I know it's a very long email, but it's my last shot. Thanks everyone in advance.
hi any news with you application wer you able to reply back to CIC about your PFL?

schweisy

Dec 7, 2018
Berlin
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
07-12-2018
AOR Received.
07-02-2019
File Transfer...
11-03-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
11-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
24-05-2019
hi any news with you application wer you able to reply back to CIC about your PFL?
Erm, you may want to scroll up a bit and read the rest of the thread....

Reactions: k.h.p.

goodLuck2U

Oct 4, 2018
I was given 30days, and used 29 days. The overall documents that I Submitted were around 120 pages....Really put lots of effort.
Hope this could help you.
May I ask how did you submit these 120 pages documents? All in one PDF, or uploaded many documents separately? If so, how to make it easier for the officer to review?

Thank you very much in advance!

dwyspk

Feb 12, 2019
May I ask how did you submit these 120 pages documents? All in one PDF, or uploaded many documents separately? If so, how to make it easier for the officer to review?

Thank you very much in advance!
Hi:) I submitted four pdf files in two separate submission through webform.
I put an index at the very first page, explaining on which page they could find what information/evidence.

Laxmiupendhra

Jul 4, 2019
Hi:) I submitted four pdf files in two separate submission through webform.
I put an index at the very first page, explaining on which page they could find what information/evidence.
First of all...Congratulations!!
I too received PFL to provide evidence on duties during my tenure previous employer. I didn't had option to upload document documents on myCIC (as suggested on PFL) so I raised webform requesting to upload response documents on my behalf. It's been a week and waiting on webform response. I have another 10 days before completing 30days time given to me to respond.
If you don't mind, can you please share timelines for your case, like how much time did CIC to took to respond to webform, did you get any notification that documents have been uploaded, etc.

dwyspk

Feb 12, 2019
First of all...Congratulations!!
I too received PFL to provide evidence on duties during my tenure previous employer. I didn't had option to upload document documents on myCIC (as suggested on PFL) so I raised webform requesting to upload response documents on my behalf. It's been a week and waiting on webform response. I have another 10 days before completing 30days time given to me to respond.
If you don't mind, can you please share timelines for your case, like how much time did CIC to took to respond to webform, did you get any notification that documents have been uploaded, etc.
Hi, I did my final submission through webform on March 5, and it took three days for CIC admin to send me an email, confirming the receipt of documents. Upon finishing uploading on webform, you will also receive an automatic reply email from CIC.
Later on I got the PR application approved email on March 15. Landing interview email received on May 27th, scheduled on June 21, PR card received on July 3.
Hope you can hear back from CIC soon.

Laxmiupendhra

Jul 4, 2019
Hi, I did my final submission through webform on March 5, and it took three days for CIC admin to send me an email, confirming the receipt of documents. Upon finishing uploading on webform, you will also receive an automatic reply email from CIC.
Later on I got the PR application approved email on March 15. Landing interview email received on May 27th, scheduled on June 21, PR card received on July 3.
Hope you can hear back from CIC soon.
Thank you so much sharing timelines.
It's been a week I submitted webform to upload my PFL response documents. Hopefully I hear some update on it soon.
My 30 days is due towards end of this month and I'm assuming they will review documents only after completion of given 30 days time frame.
Fingers crossed and hoping for best.