+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Procedural Fairness letter - Proof of funds

princy117

Jan 20, 2019
I applied for EE on 21st July 2018. (Medicals passed)

On 14th Dec, 2018, I received "Procedural Fairess" letter in my CIC Account.

It stated that I have not met the condition for FSW program regarding Proof of funds (R76(1)(b))

I had submitted my savings bank account statement only before as POF, which was about approx $12,600 CAD. My mistake was I didn't consider the exchange rate would change very much. I had considered exchg. rate at only 52.

However, as per the letter, my savings bank account only had CAD equivalent of 12,403, which are indeed short of minimum 12,475 required. (Immigration officer considered erstwhile rate of 53.17)

They asked me to respond in 7 days, and failure to do so would mean they would make decision based on current info, which might result in refusal.

As part of my response I drafted a cover letter, explaining the issue with exchange rate, and submitted latest statement along with balance certificate.

I have now shown enough funds to ensure even if exchange rate changed to 60, I would still meet the $12,475 criteria.

Does anyone has had familiar experience? If so, how are the chances of refusal, since Immigration office might find exchange rate issue as flimsy.

My estimated date of application completion is 21st Jan, 2019.

Can anyone share any experience or possible timeline of Canadian response to this?

Shahanastar

Oct 25, 2018
Category........
FSW

It stated that I have not met the condition for FSW program regarding Proof of funds (R76(1)(b))

I had submitted my savings bank account statement only before as POF, which was about approx $12,600 CAD. My mistake was I didn't consider the exchange rate would change very much. I had considered exchg. rate at only 52.

However, as per the letter, my savings bank account only had CAD equivalent of 12,403, which are indeed short of minimum 12,475 required. (Immigration officer considered erstwhile rate of 53.17)

They asked me to respond in 7 days, and failure to do so would mean they would make decision based on current info, which might result in refusal.

As part of my response I drafted a cover letter, explaining the issue with exchange rate, and submitted latest statement along with balance certificate.

I have now shown enough funds to ensure even if exchange rate changed to 60, I would still meet the $12,475 criteria.

Does anyone has had familiar experience? If so, how are the chances of refusal, since Immigration office might find exchange rate issue as flimsy.

Can anyone share any experience or possible timeline of Canadian response to this?
Since you have already provided them with an explanation and updated POF exceeding the minimum requirement, you have done what you were required to do. However, timelines vary and it can take anywhere between 1-3 months for them to review your response. Hopefully the decision will be in your favor.

Meanwhile I urge everyone to always keep higher funds than required to avoid such situations.

Reactions: tobs

ankitban.27

Star Member
Mar 11, 2017

Hey Princy. Did you get any reply from them. I am also facing the same issue. While submitting, I consider the exchange rate as 54.75 INR but in October 2018, the CAD to INR went to 57 also. My AOR date is 7th September. Should I raise the cse before any request from cic?

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
Hey Princy. Did you get any reply from them. I am also facing the same issue. While submitting, I consider the exchange rate as 54.75 INR but in October 2018, the CAD to INR went to 57 also. My AOR date is 7th September. Should I raise the cse before any request from cic?
You can, but you may also wait because the Analyst may consider the exchange rate as at the time you submitted your application.

princy117

Jan 20, 2019
Not yet. Will post as soon as I get the reply.

princy117

Jan 20, 2019
Since you have already provided them with an explanation and updated POF exceeding the minimum requirement, you have done what you were required to do. However, timelines vary and it can take anywhere between 1-3 months for them to review your response. Hopefully the decision will be in your favor.

Meanwhile I urge everyone to always keep higher funds than required to avoid such situations.
Decision has come in my favour.

Reactions: Archavin89

torsum

Oct 11, 2019
Decision has come in my favour.
Hi Princy,

Congradulations! Can you please help me out. My application completion date was 10 September 2019. Today I recieved a procedural fairness letter:

This refers to your application for permanent residence. Your application and all of the documents you submitted in support of it have been reviewed and it appears that you may not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada.
I have reviewed the documentation you have provided and I am not satisfied that you have the required level of transferable and available funds as per subsection 76(1) (b). I have concerns that you may not have at your disposal, with sufficient liquidity, and with the ability to transfer the assets, the necessary threshold of funds to support your establishment in Canada.
Furthermore, Subsection 16(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act states that a person who makes an application must answer truthfully all questions put to them for the purpose of the examination and must produce a visa and all relevant evidence and documents that the officer reasonably requires.
Before I make a final decision, please submit:
Your recent bank statements from XXX and XXX including transactions from 10MARCH2019 until the date of this letter (10OCTOBER2019).

The onus is on you to submit the required documents mentioned above. As such you will have 7 days from the date of this letter to comply. If you do not comply and/or if the required documents are incomplete with this request within 7 days, your application will be assessed based on the information currently on file and may result in the refusal of your application.

I have the same issue as you. Can you please guide me on the documents which needs to be shared with IRCC. Did you just submit the bank statements or any additional documents. Also, how did you submit the documents. A new placeholder was created in your CIC account or did you use a webform.

I would be grateful if you could respond to my query as early as you can. Grateful

sum.sats15

Oct 13, 2019
Hi Princy,

Congradulations! Can you please help me out. My application completion date was 10 September 2019. Today I recieved a procedural fairness letter:

This refers to your application for permanent residence. Your application and all of the documents you submitted in support of it have been reviewed and it appears that you may not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada.
I have reviewed the documentation you have provided and I am not satisfied that you have the required level of transferable and available funds as per subsection 76(1) (b). I have concerns that you may not have at your disposal, with sufficient liquidity, and with the ability to transfer the assets, the necessary threshold of funds to support your establishment in Canada.
Furthermore, Subsection 16(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act states that a person who makes an application must answer truthfully all questions put to them for the purpose of the examination and must produce a visa and all relevant evidence and documents that the officer reasonably requires.
Your recent bank statements from XXX and XXX including transactions from 10MARCH2019 until the date of this letter (10OCTOBER2019).

The onus is on you to submit the required documents mentioned above. As such you will have 7 days from the date of this letter to comply. If you do not comply and/or if the required documents are incomplete with this request within 7 days, your application will be assessed based on the information currently on file and may result in the refusal of your application.

I have the same issue as you. Can you please guide me on the documents which needs to be shared with IRCC. Did you just submit the bank statements or any additional documents. Also, how did you submit the documents. A new placeholder was created in your CIC account or did you use a webform.

I would be grateful if you could respond to my query as early as you can. Grateful
Hi,

Even I have received a procedural fairness letter for proof of funds on 1st October 2019. It is really important to furnish each and every document very carefully to make it easy for the officer to understand.

It would be great if we can connect over a chat platform or call (if its ok for you) to discuss it once.

Waiting for your response.

Thanks.

Sumiran

torsum

Oct 11, 2019
Hi,

Even I have received a procedural fairness letter for proof of funds on 1st October 2019. It is really important to furnish each and every document very carefully to make it easy for the officer to understand.

It would be great if we can connect over a chat platform or call (if its ok for you) to discuss it once.

Waiting for your response.

Thanks.

Sumiran
Hi sure. That would be great!

Myraqureshi

Sep 5, 2019

Hi, We are in the same boat, will it be possible for you to share a draft of your letter (ofcourse after hiding the personal details) or review our letter to make sure that we have added all the necessary details? we only have 3 days left to respond. Also, did you submit the documents through CSE Webform? How to make sure they receive the documents within the mentioned deadline.

Arashm0049

Star Member
Sep 16, 2019
Iran
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
2131 oid
Doc's Request.
Cv, military exemption card
Nomination.....
11 feb 2019
AOR Received.
06 may 2019
IELTS Request
No
Med's Request
14 sep 2019
Med's Done....
20 sep 2019
Interview........
No
Hi Princy,

Were you oid or ee? Havent you received your medical letter yet?

subodhp

Jun 19, 2019
Toronto
Hi, We are in the same boat, will it be possible for you to share a draft of your letter (ofcourse after hiding the personal details) or review our letter to make sure that we have added all the necessary details? we only have 3 days left to respond. Also, did you submit the documents through CSE Webform? How to make sure they receive the documents within the mentioned deadline.
There is no format as such. Most important thing is to make sure that you have an updated statement showing enough funds. Keep a margin for currency rate and any planned debits.
Mention in cover letter in your own words the prior confusion about exchange rate and updated amount (assuming you had the same case as op above)

Myraqureshi

Sep 5, 2019
There is no format as such. Most important thing is to make sure that you have an updated statement showing enough funds. Keep a margin for currency rate and any planned debits.
Mention in cover letter in your own words the prior confusion about exchange rate and updated amount (assuming you had the same case as op above)
Thanks. We got the PPR email yesterday!