+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Procedural Fairness letter- officer requested to show evidence to intend to reside any province except quebec

Adeeb H

May 15, 2020
Canada
Is your employer based out of Quebec? Does your employer has branches anywhere? If there are offices outside Quebec, you will definitely get your PR if you stay anywhere outside Quebec. If not, consult with a lawyer.
No employer doesn't have office outside qc but has allowed me to work from outside qc for PR. Also, i do have an open work permit and can work anywhere in canada. I have been actively looking for other jobs in ontario and other places. I will be signing a lease over there for next month as well and try to change my drivers license. Are these not enough?

bczar

Dec 10, 2019
No employer doesn't have office outside qc but has allowed me to work from outside qc for PR. Also, i do have an open work permit and can work anywhere in canada. I have been actively looking for other jobs in ontario and other places. I will be signing a lease over there for next month as well and try to change my drivers license. Are these not enough?
did you claims 50 points for Employer Specific Job offer? If you didn't apply with job offer, then the above is more than suffice. Just include a letter of explanation and show the proofs that you are searching a job outside Quebec as you have open WP

Divtan

Nov 17, 2020
Hello All,

After receiving a PFL, how long does it generally take to hear back the decision from the team?
Thanks

divya_kp

Mar 4, 2021
Hello. Hope you are well. I am in the same boat. My employer is based Quebec only but has agreed for me to work remotely from anywhere. I am moving to Alberta and will be signing a new lease there. I just wanna know did you submit any document from your employer or is is just enough to add this along with reference letter. Please advise.

SudipC23

Feb 6, 2023
Hello. Hope you are well. I am in the same boat. My employer is based Quebec only but has agreed for me to work remotely from anywhere. I am moving to Alberta and will be signing a new lease there. I just wanna know did you submit any document from your employer or is is just enough to add this along with reference letter. Please advise.
You can submit a reference letter from your employer stating that they you are allowed to work remotely from AB or anywhere in Canada. This can strengthen your case.

Last edited: