+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Procedural Fairness letter- officer requested to show evidence to intend to reside any province except quebec

fantazee

Sep 21, 2017
Hello Everyone,

I and my husband applied for express entry , and recently we received a Procedural Fairness letter to show our intend to live in any province except Quebec. My husband is the primary applicant and I am dependent applicant

My husband background: Got bachelors in India
Worked for 3 years
Came to USA for masters
Have been working for past 2 years

My background: Got bachelors in India
Went to Canada for Masters in Montreal
Got PGWP
Applied for PEQ, got an interview, did not score well, MIDI rejected the application
Got married, moved to USA
PGWP expired
Applied for Express Entry

I am planning to show my husband's Job search, mine job search outside Quebec
My question is :
What else can I show to prove ties with other provinces
I have a cousin living in toronto, but he is not a PR, he is on his PGWP, but he has applied to Express entry , application is in process
I dont know anyone else with PR status in toronto,
I have some friends in Ottawa with PR status

Any help and guidance is well appreciated

Thank you

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello Everyone,

I and my husband applied for express entry , and recently we received a Procedural Fairness letter to show our intend to live in any province except Quebec. My husband is the primary applicant and I am dependent applicant

My husband background: Got bachelors in India
Worked for 3 years
Came to USA for masters
Have been working for past 2 years

My background: Got bachelors in India
Went to Canada for Masters in Montreal
Got PGWP
Applied for PEQ, got an interview, did not score well, MIDI rejected the application
Got married, moved to USA
PGWP expired
Applied for Express Entry

I am planning to show my husband's Job search, mine job search outside Quebec
My question is :
What else can I show to prove ties with other provinces
I have a cousin living in toronto, but he is not a PR, he is on his PGWP, but he has applied to Express entry , application is in process
I dont know anyone else with PR status in toronto,
I have some friends in Ottawa with PR status

Any help and guidance is well appreciated

Thank you
IRCC generally wants concrete proof such as an actual job, a lease, home ownership etc. Showing that you know people in other provinces doesn't count for anything.

fantazee

Sep 21, 2017
I can give an address, where I would stay ...my cousins house but the problem is how can I get a job in 20 days and we cannot have lease if we are not in Canada

any suggestions here ... I really don’t understand what to do

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I can give an address, where I would stay ...my cousins house but the problem is how can I get a job in 20 days and we cannot have lease if we are not in Canada

any suggestions here ... I really don’t understand what to do
As I said, they generally want concrete proof, so just giving an address will likely not be accepted.

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
the job search should work also write a letter stating why you want to settle in ontario for example and submit. even ontario nominee aplications ask for intent and we just wrote a letter stating job oportunities in toronto and got approved. i dont think you need concrete proof, how the hell can anyone have a concrete address or job without migrating.

Reactions: fantazee

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
the job search should work also write a letter stating why you want to settle in ontario for example and submit. even ontario nominee aplications ask for intent and we just wrote a letter stating job oportunities in toronto and got approved. i dont think you need concrete proof, how the hell can anyone have a concrete address or job without migrating.
When it comes to proving intent to reside outside of Quebec, IRCC is quite strict. Many apps receive Procedural Fairness letters and are refused for failing to show strong proofs.

Reactions: fantazee

fantazee

Sep 21, 2017
Thank you for all information

fantazee

Sep 21, 2017
When it comes to proving intent to reside outside of Quebec, IRCC is quite strict. Many apps receive Procedural Fairness letters and are refused for failing to show strong proofs.
Thank you for the reply, I would try my best to get something concrete, but mostly I would make them understand that it would be impossible, for me to get a job or housing without setting foot in canada.

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
I'm just curious, what happened with the PEQ interview? Was knowledge of French an issue?

As for your situation, it's tough because they have your application in Quebec on record, so there is prior intention to immigrate there. Having said that, you can be interested in residing in a province, and if it doesn't work out, you can legitimately want to reside in another. It's just finding the means to make that seem convincing.

I'd try to write a very convincing LOE about wishing to reside outside Quebec, maybe if you could enlist an employment agency in another province to find you a job, and show proof of that in your application. Maybe you could get a real estate agent to write a letter stating you have engaged them to find you a long term rental in a certain province.

It's tough because you're outside Canada, usually people in this situation are in Quebec and applying through express entry.

You're going to have to try to think outside the box on this. But the cover letter is a must.

fantazee

Sep 21, 2017
Thank you for the reply, yes that is the issue .. I score 5/7.... when required was 7/7.
I wrote TEFAQ later still just scored B1 in both listening and reading

But in my case, my husband is the primary applicant and I m a dependent, so will that be a major positive aspect? since I applied PEQ when I was single, now I m married.

the letter was addressed to my husband and not me, but in the letter my husband would still explain my case

and we are also show the various job applications that we have put

I am also getting a letter from my cousin thathe would provide accommodation to us when we come to Canada

do they look strong to convince the officer?

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
He's getting the PFL because of you i think, as you previously applied for the PEQ, otherwise why would they suspect he would want to live in Quebec? Unless he was there previously himself?

They're looking at you as a married couple, so i think they are assuming that because you had interest in staying in Quebec previously, you both would want to stay there again if you got immigration, or at least that is a possibility.

As for the proof, i'm not sure. Try to find something more, maybe ask or do some research on what kind of proof you can give to help convince them.

fantazee

Sep 21, 2017
He's getting the PFL because of you i think, as you previously applied for the PEQ, otherwise why would they suspect he would want to live in Quebec? Unless he was there previously himself?

They're looking at you as a married couple, so i think they are assuming that because you had interest in staying in Quebec previously, you both would want to stay there again if you got immigration, or at least that is a possibility.

As for the proof, i'm not sure. Try to find something more, maybe ask or do some research on what kind of proof you can give to help convince them.
I think you are 100 percent correct. That is most explanatory answer for this situation. I am working on it. Thank you for the input

fantazee

Sep 21, 2017
Hello, Everyone

I have written LOE to prove my husband (primary applicant) intent to reside in any province except Quebec
I welcome your suggestions and comments on it.
Is it a strong LOE

Dear Officer,

I, XXXXXXXX - Permanent residency application number: XXXXXXXXX write this letter to state my intent to reside in a province other than Quebec if I become a permanent resident of Canada.
Through my research, I am well aware that Quebec's official language is French, and the province is predominantly French speaking. Many companies prefer candidates that are fluent in French. However, I am not fluent in French. I believe this situation would hinder my social and professional opportunities.
Also, I believe, provinces of British Columbia, Ontario and Alberta have greater opportunities for engineers especially in the domain of Mechanical engineering. I am actively applying to many companies in provinces except Quebec, concentrating on provinces of Ontario and British Columbia. I have attached a copy of my job applications, which I have applied using the job search portal of LinkedIn.

I had always considered cities of Toronto, Vancouver, Ottawa as my options to settle and work, with Vancouver as my first option. I choose Vancouver for the weather and technical opportunities. I had received a phone interview with a company in Vancouver. I am attaching a copy of my conversation with the Chief Scientific Officer of the company.

Also, in future, I would like my children to pursue their education from English Speaking schools, where I could help them with studies. As the province of Quebec, have more schools where medium of instruction is French, or private English medium schools that are very expensive.
After I get my permanent residency, I would be staying at [ cousin address] with my spouse. My spouse's first cousin offered his space for boarding. I have attached a letter stating his intent.
I would like to add,that my spouse XXXXXXX, who will accompany me to Canada, would also like to state her intent to reside in any other province except Quebec. She had moved to Quebec for completing a master’s program in Electrical and Computer Engineering in Concordia University, Montreal in August 2014. After completion of the master’s program, she had received an Open Post Graduate Work Permit for three years expiring in October 2019. During this time, she applied for PEQ after being advised by her friends.
However, after investing approximately two years of the time, she was denied CSQ on the basis of inadequate French speaking abilities. I am attaching copy of the TEFAQ results that she had taken after the rejection of PEQ, where her score was less than required level. This left her discouraged and disappointed. She decided to discontinue her pursuit of a CSQ and move to Dover, DE, USA after her marriage in Dec '18.
She is also actively looking for jobs through search portals, family and friends, etc. She has registered with job agency Aerotek from Brampton, Ontario location, who are helping her to get a job in Toronto or Vancouver. I have attached a copy of her job applications with this email.

For the reasons stated above, please consider my intent to reside in provinces except Quebec,
when I become a permanent resident.
Regards
Addendum:
  1. Copy of Job applications[ applicant]
  1. Email communication with Scientific officer of company in Vancouver
  1. Address – letter of intent for boarding
  1. My spouse Travel document to Canada to India, From India to USA
  1. TEFAQ results of my spouse
  1. Email communication with job agency Aerotek
  1. Email communication with friends and family for open job prospects
  1. Job applications

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello, Everyone

I have written LOE to prove my husband (primary applicant) intent to reside in any province except Quebec
I welcome your suggestions and comments on it.
Is it a strong LOE

Dear Officer,

I, XXXXXXXX - Permanent residency application number: XXXXXXXXX write this letter to state my intent to reside in a province other than Quebec if I become a permanent resident of Canada.
Through my research, I am well aware that Quebec's official language is French, and the province is predominantly French speaking. Many companies prefer candidates that are fluent in French. However, I am not fluent in French. I believe this situation would hinder my social and professional opportunities.
Also, I believe, provinces of British Columbia, Ontario and Alberta have greater opportunities for engineers especially in the domain of Mechanical engineering. I am actively applying to many companies in provinces except Quebec, concentrating on provinces of Ontario and British Columbia. I have attached a copy of my job applications, which I have applied using the job search portal of LinkedIn.

I had always considered cities of Toronto, Vancouver, Ottawa as my options to settle and work, with Vancouver as my first option. I choose Vancouver for the weather and technical opportunities. I had received a phone interview with a company in Vancouver. I am attaching a copy of my conversation with the Chief Scientific Officer of the company.

Also, in future, I would like my children to pursue their education from English Speaking schools, where I could help them with studies. As the province of Quebec, have more schools where medium of instruction is French, or private English medium schools that are very expensive.
After I get my permanent residency, I would be staying at [ cousin address] with my spouse. My spouse's first cousin offered his space for boarding. I have attached a letter stating his intent.
I would like to add,that my spouse XXXXXXX, who will accompany me to Canada, would also like to state her intent to reside in any other province except Quebec. She had moved to Quebec for completing a master’s program in Electrical and Computer Engineering in Concordia University, Montreal in August 2014. After completion of the master’s program, she had received an Open Post Graduate Work Permit for three years expiring in October 2019. During this time, she applied for PEQ after being advised by her friends.
However, after investing approximately two years of the time, she was denied CSQ on the basis of inadequate French speaking abilities. I am attaching copy of the TEFAQ results that she had taken after the rejection of PEQ, where her score was less than required level. This left her discouraged and disappointed. She decided to discontinue her pursuit of a CSQ and move to Dover, DE, USA after her marriage in Dec '18.
She is also actively looking for jobs through search portals, family and friends, etc. She has registered with job agency Aerotek from Brampton, Ontario location, who are helping her to get a job in Toronto or Vancouver. I have attached a copy of her job applications with this email.

For the reasons stated above, please consider my intent to reside in provinces except Quebec,
when I become a permanent resident.
Regards
Addendum:
  1. Copy of Job applications[ applicant]
  2. Email communication with Scientific officer of company in Vancouver
  3. Address – letter of intent for boarding
  4. My spouse Travel document to Canada to India, From India to USA
  5. TEFAQ results of my spouse
  6. Email communication with job agency Aerotek
  7. Email communication with friends and family for open job prospects
  8. Job applications
Your letter doesn’t make sense. One paragraph states that you intend to move to Vancouver and the next paragraph says you are going to live with you cousin in Toronto.

fantazee

Sep 21, 2017
Okay, I would change that and make it specific to toronto. But my husband did receive an interview from Vancouver, Should I still state that?
How about the rest of it?