+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Procedural Fairness Letter after Passport Request - International Student from Africa

eowgluor23

Jan 4, 2023
Did you father provide personal bank accounts? Your dad owning a business is irrelevant. You can’t show business funds. Anyways you have bigger issues than your father fully supporting your studies. You provided possiblly fraudulent documents that were not even your own but your father’s.
I am not providing business accounts or business funds. I am providing my father's personal statements. I cannot agree to your argument that I have bigger issue. I have never provided fraudaulent documents and I am positive though it will take time to hear from IRCC, there will be good news for me.

eowgluor23

Jan 4, 2023
Did you father provide personal bank accounts? Your dad owning a business is irrelevant. You can’t show business funds. Anyways you have bigger issues than your father fully supporting your studies. You provided possiblly fraudulent documents that were not even your own but your father’s.
Also, I understand you are a VIP member on this platform, but you cannot jump into such quick conclusions to scare people. Fine, that is okay with me, as far as I know, I haven't provided any fraudaulent documents to IRCC. I have read and understood carefully the consequences of document fraud as stated clearly on the IRCC website before submitting my application.

I am sorry but you failed in this statement or comment: "You provided possiblly fraudulent documents that were not even your own but your father’s."

It’s a serious crime to lie, or to send false information or documents to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC). This is fraud. It’s called “misrepresentation.”

Document fraud can involve either false or altered documents, such as:

• passports and travel documents
  • visas
  • diplomas, degrees, and apprenticeship or trade papers
  • certificates of birth, marriage, final divorce, annulment, separation, or death and
  • police certificates
If you lie on an application or in an interview with an IRCC officer, this is also fraud. It’s a crime.

If you send false documents or information, we’ll refuse your application. We may also:

• forbid you from entering Canada for at least 5 years
  • give you a permanent record of fraud with us
  • take away your status as a permanent resident or Canadian citizen
  • have you charged with a crime or
  • remove you from Canada

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/protect-fraud/document-misrepresentation.html

Reactions: lpaks_45

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Also, I understand you are a VIP member on this platform, but you cannot jump into such quick conclusions to scare people. Fine, that is okay with me, as far as I know, I haven't provided any fraudaulent documents to IRCC. I have read and understood carefully the consequences of document fraud as stated clearly on the IRCC website before submitting my application.

I am sorry but you failed in this statement or comment: "You provided possiblly fraudulent documents that were not even your own but your father’s."

It’s a serious crime to lie, or to send false information or documents to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC). This is fraud. It’s called “misrepresentation.”

Document fraud can involve either false or altered documents, such as:

• passports and travel documents
  • visas
  • diplomas, degrees, and apprenticeship or trade papers
  • certificates of birth, marriage, final divorce, annulment, separation, or death and
  • police certificates
If you lie on an application or in an interview with an IRCC officer, this is also fraud. It’s a crime.

If you send false documents or information, we’ll refuse your application. We may also:

• forbid you from entering Canada for at least 5 years
  • give you a permanent record of fraud with us
  • take away your status as a permanent resident or Canadian citizen
  • have you charged with a crime or
  • remove you from Canada

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/protect-fraud/document-misrepresentation.html
Were your father’s funds from a personal or business account?

How is my statement incorrect?

I said possibly. You even say “as far as I know, I haven't provided any fraudulent documents to IRCC.” So you don’t know. IRCC is very knowledgeable on fraudulent bank statements so there must be an issue. And the funds were not even your own but your father’s. All you can do is wait for a response. Most people retain a Canadian immigration lawyer for PFLs to ensure the authenticity of documents.

eowgluor23

Jan 4, 2023
Were your father’s funds from a personal or business account?

How is my statement incorrect?

I said possibly. You even say “as far as I know, I haven't provided any fraudulent documents to IRCC.” So you don’t know. IRCC is very knowledgeable on fraudulent bank statements so there must be an issue. And the funds were not even your own but your father’s. All you can do is wait for a response. Most people retain a Canadian immigration lawyer for PFLs to ensure the authenticity of documents.
Don't worry about it. I am waiting patiently for IRCC response as that is where the final decision comes from. I will share any news, whether bad or good I receive from IRCC here.

Cheers

Reactions: lpaks_45

Shakes

Mar 5, 2023
Don't worry about it. I am waiting patiently for IRCC response as that is where the final decision comes from. I will share any news, whether bad or good I receive from IRCC here.

Cheers
HI. Any good news about your study permit

LucienV

Mar 1, 2023

Cheers
Hey,
Something on your bank statement probably caught the case processing officer’s eye and they just need to verify it. We can only speculate as to what that is. Hang in there
Submitting your parent’s bank statement as proof of financial support shouldn’t be an issue, (im assuming their consent was included in the application) as many African students at your age are financially dependant on their parents even though Canada defines dependants differently (in terms of PR and other immigration stuff).
Best of luck to you… brace yourself for Saskatchewan winters!

step1234

Mar 8, 2023
Hello Everyone. I am new here. Can someone please tell me the timeliness for study permit Visa? I applied and did biometrics since October 25th 2022 and no update yet.

mapple007

Oct 2, 2020
Also now that you have a PFL you must declare this on all visa applications for any country you plan to visit.
Can you please provide a reference for this statement?

As far as I know, a PFL does not mean you’ve been refused a visa, denied entry, or ordered to leave a country, i.e., things you normally have to declare when you are applying for a visa. It simply means the officer has concerns, and unless those concerns turn out to be true and the application is consequentially refused, you do not, and should not, have to declare that you have received a PFL. If anything, declaring this will only overcomplicate your visa applications.

SenatorOA

May 13, 2023
Hello everyone. I got a visa refusal but ban wasn't stated on the correspondence. The background: I applied to IRCC for visitation to Canada with my wife in 2020 and Covid struck and processing time got elongated. I kept checking the portal but no response came for over 2 years and I gave up thinking that application is null and void. Only for me to hear of someone in similar situation that got a response. It prompted me to go and check and I saw that I was served PFL April 20, about a month ago and i was given 10 days to respond which has clearly elapsed when i checked it yesterday. The letter stated that I misrepresented been refused visa to another country asides USA ( this was declared). Apparently, that was UK and it totally skipped my mind because it happened 13 years ago. What is best course to do in this scenario because I am thinking of contacting an immigration lawyer to file a response. I am worried it might affect other applications as i am thinking of applying to study before the year runs out and leaving that question open might be a serious issue. Also, if I was banned, it should be stated in my letter of refusal right?

Jackie Tomson

Mar 30, 2021
Hello everyone. I got a visa refusal but ban wasn't stated on the correspondence. The background: I applied to IRCC for visitation to Canada with my wife in 2020 and Covid struck and processing time got elongated. I kept checking the portal but no response came for over 2 years and I gave up thinking that application is null and void. Only for me to hear of someone in similar situation that got a response. It prompted me to go and check and I saw that I was served PFL April 20, about a month ago and i was given 10 days to respond which has clearly elapsed when i checked it yesterday. The letter stated that I misrepresented been refused visa to another country asides USA ( this was declared). Apparently, that was UK and it totally skipped my mind because it happened 13 years ago. What is best course to do in this scenario because I am thinking of contacting an immigration lawyer to file a response. I am worried it might affect other applications as i am thinking of applying to study before the year runs out and leaving that question open might be a serious issue. Also, if I was banned, it should be stated in my letter of refusal right?
I will recommend you get an IRCC-regulated consultant that knows his beans. Not really a lawyer, you are not going to court. However, I can tell you for free that if you don fix the PFL before applying for a study visa, you will get denied 100%. So get an IRCC-regulated consultant and let them tell you the right way to fix it.