+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Procedural Fairness Letter after Passport Request - International Student from Africa

eowgluor23

Jan 4, 2023
Hello everyone,

I need urgent response as I am totally depressed about this and cannot sleep. I keep checking my IRCC online portal every few seconds.

I'm from Ghana and I plan to study at the University of Regina, in Summer 2023.

I recently got a Procedural Fairness Letter after IRCC requested for my passport to be stamped.

Messages about your application

Subject Date sent Date read
Procedural Fairness December, 2022
Original Passport Request

Correspondence Letter
Medical Report - Section A Client identification and summary (IMM 1017E)
Biometrics Collection Letter
Submission Confirmation
Confirmation of Online Application Transmission October, 2022

The procedural fairness states;

I have concerns that you have not fulfilled the requirement put upon you by section 16(1) of the
Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, which states:

16(1) A person who makes an application must answer truthfully all questions put to
them for the purpose of the examination and must produce a visa and all relevant
evidence and documents that the officer reasonably requires.

Specifically, I have concerns that the following document that you have submitted in support of
this application is not genuine.

- The bank statement issued by "XXXXXXXXXXXX" Rural Bank.

Please explain how you obtained this document and why it was submitted in support of this
application.

Please note that if it is found that you have engaged in misrepresentation in submitting your
application, you may be found to be inadmissible under section 40(1)(a) of the Immigration and
Refugee Protection Act. A finding of such inadmissibility would render you inadmissible to
Canada for a period of five years according to section 40(2)(a):

My response to IRCC: I have replied IRCC with an explanation letter indicating the document I submitted is genuine as it is my Dad's bank statement and I added confirmation letter from the Bank too.

Concerns: Anybody such situation? I am totally confused, is it because my bank statement is issued by a Rural Bank and not a Commercial Bank.

Please, reply me as I need urgent help and advice.

Thank you

efermi98

Jun 7, 2021
Hello everyone,

I need urgent response as I am totally depressed about this and cannot sleep. I keep checking my IRCC online portal every few seconds.

I recently got a Procedural Fairness Letter after IRCC requested for my passport to be stamped.

Correspondence Letter
Submission Confirmation

I have concerns that you have not fulfilled the requirement put upon you by section 16(1) of the

16(1) A person who makes an application must answer truthfully all questions put to
them for the purpose of the examination and must produce a visa and all relevant

Specifically, I have concerns that the following document that you have submitted in support of

Please explain how you obtained this document and why it was submitted in support of this
application.

Please note that if it is found that you have engaged in misrepresentation in submitting your
application, you may be found to be inadmissible under section 40(1)(a) of the Immigration and
Refugee Protection Act. A finding of such inadmissibility would render you inadmissible to

My response to IRCC: I have replied IRCC with an explanation letter indicating the document I submitted is genuine as it is my Dad's bank statement and I added confirmation letter from the Bank too.

Concerns: Anybody such situation? I am totally confused, is it because my bank statement is issued by a Rural Bank and not a Commercial Bank.

Thank you
Hi,

I am a newbie on this platform. But in my opinion, I think as far as you are honest in your response to IRCC, after IRCC does several background checks and it conforms to your honesty, it shouldn't be a huge issue for you.

Perhaps, they have some doubts or feel the bank statement presented may have some issues or have been tempered elsewhere.

All, I can say is to wait patiently for IRCC to decide. You may likely hear from them in 2 weeks or more as some can even take months depending on the severity of the PFL issued.

Best wishes

Jackie Tomson

Mar 30, 2021
Hello everyone,

Correspondence Letter
Submission Confirmation

application.

Thank you
Can you check if you bank uses mybankStatement® (visa-mybankstatement.com) . They prefer this over printed documents.

Reactions: bkky

eowgluor23

Jan 4, 2023
Hi,

I am a newbie on this platform. But in my opinion, I think as far as you are honest in your response to IRCC, after IRCC does several background checks and it conforms to your honesty, it shouldn't be a huge issue for you.

Perhaps, they have some doubts or feel the bank statement presented may have some issues or have been tempered elsewhere.

All, I can say is to wait patiently for IRCC to decide. You may likely hear from them in 2 weeks or more as some can even take months depending on the severity of the PFL issued.

Best wishes
Thank you very much for your response. Sure, let's see how it goes. I will wait patiently to hear back from IRCC. Thanks once again.

moscatojuices

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2022
Hello everyone,

Correspondence Letter
Submission Confirmation

application.

Thank you
Why would you submit your Dad's bank statement?

You're the applicant - why did you not submit your bank statement?????

Also, come clean now as we don't have the power to do anything in this forum, did you temper, edit or alter the statement? Be truthful.

eowgluor23

Jan 4, 2023
Why would you submit your Dad's bank statement?

You're the applicant - why did you not submit your bank statement?????

Also, come clean now as we don't have the power to do anything in this forum, did you temper, edit or alter the statement? Be truthful.
Hi,
Thank you very much for your response.

This response is adding more depression to me.

1. What do you mean by "Why would you submit your Dad's bank statement? You're the applicant - why did you not submit your bank statement?????"

Response: I am a student who is dependent on my family for financial support. Therefore, after discussing my intention to study in Canada with my family, my parents, especially my Dad agreed to pay most of my educational needs in Canada. Is there anything wrong showing my parents bank statement to IRCC in Accra or wherever? I am totally confused.

2. What do you mean by the word "come clean now" in your second question?

Could you please explain to me what you mean by the word "come clean now"? . I do understand you do not have the power to do anything. However, I am truthful to IRCC and I haven't tempered or altered my Dad's bank statement.

Anyways, thanks for your feedback, and I keep waiting for IRCC feedback.

I believe there is hope for me as I know I am truthful in my response to IRCC.

Thanks.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi,
Thank you very much for your response.

This response is adding more depression to me.

1. What do you mean by "Why would you submit your Dad's bank statement? You're the applicant - why did you not submit your bank statement?????"

Response: I am a student who is dependent on my family for financial support. Therefore, after discussing my intention to study in Canada with my family, my parents, especially my Dad agreed to pay most of my educational needs in Canada. Is there anything wrong showing my parents bank statement to IRCC in Accra or wherever? I am totally confused.

2. What do you mean by the word "come clean now" in your second question?

Could you please explain to me what you mean by the word "come clean now"? . I do understand you do not have the power to do anything. However, I am truthful to IRCC and I haven't tempered or altered my Dad's bank statement.

Anyways, thanks for your feedback, and I keep waiting for IRCC feedback.

I believe there is hope for me as I know I am truthful in my response to IRCC.

Thanks.
How old are you? All you can do is wait. Just so you know it can take months (sometimes years) for PFLs to be addressed. And even if PFL is overturned this doesn’t mean your study permit is approved. The PFL is just addressing the possibility of fraudulent documents. The PFL is not approving or refusing your study permit. You may need to reapply. Also now that you have a PFL you must declare this on all visa applications for any country you plan to visit.

eowgluor23

Jan 4, 2023
How old are you? All you can do is wait. Just so you know it can take months (sometimes years) for PFLs to be addressed. And even if PFL is overturned this doesn’t mean your study permit is approved. The PFL is just addressing the possibility of fraudulent documents. The PFL is not approving or refusing your study permit. You may need to reapply. Also now that you have a PFL you must declare this on all visa applications for any country you plan to visit.
Hi,
I'm 26. Thanks for your response. Sure, I keep waiting then.
Let's see how it goes as I am hopeful.

Thanks once again.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi,
I'm 26. Thanks for your response. Sure, I keep waiting then.
Let's see how it goes as I am hopeful.

Thanks once again.
If your PFL is overturned then maybe reapply and show your own funds not your father’s. At 26, you are not a dependant and should be showing some of your own funds to study and support yourself.

eowgluor23

Jan 4, 2023
If your PFL is overturned then maybe reapply and show your own funds not your father’s. At 26, you are not a dependant and should be showing some of your own funds to study and support yourself.
Well, let's see how it goes. Overturning PFL comes with consequences or no consequences, so that is not what everyone would expect, but nobody knows as the final decisions comes from IRCC.

I did check your comments about age on IRCC website and found this;

2. Make sure your child meets the requirements before you apply
Children qualify as dependants if they:

• are under 22 years old, and
  • don’t have a spouse or common-law partner.
Children 22 years old or older (also known as an overage dependent children) qualify as dependants if they:

• have depended on their parents for financial support since before they were 22, and
  • can’t financially support themselves because of a mental or physical condition.
Remember, during processing

• we only use the age of your child on the lock-in date to assess if your child is eligible, even if they pass the age limit
  • your child must still not be a spouse or common-law partner.
You can answer a few questions in our online tool to check if your child qualifies as a dependant.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/age-limit-requirements-dependent-children.html

My Opinion: I don't seem to perfectly agree to that suggestion you made as I think this may NOT be a major issue or concern regarding a decision IRCC will make on my PFL. Could you help me to understand more.

Thanks

Last edited:

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Well, let's see how it goes. Overturning PFL comes with consequences or no consequences, so that is not what everyone would expect, but nobody knows as the final decisions comes from IRCC.

I did check your comments about age on IRCC website and found this;

2. Make sure your child meets the requirements before you apply
Children qualify as dependants if they:

• are under 22 years old, and
  • don’t have a spouse or common-law partner.
Children 22 years old or older (also known as an overage dependent children) qualify as dependants if they:

• have depended on their parents for financial support since before they were 22, and
  • can’t financially support themselves because of a mental or physical condition.
Remember, during processing

• we only use the age of your child on the lock-in date to assess if your child is eligible, even if they pass the age limit
  • your child must still not be a spouse or common-law partner.
You can answer a few questions in our online tool to check if your child qualifies as a dependant.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/age-limit-requirements-dependent-children.html

My Opinion: I don't seem to perfectly agree to that suggestion you made as I think this may NOT be a major issue or concern regarding a decision IRCC will make on my PFL. Could you help me to understand more.

Thanks
You are posting the directions for immigration. Your father is not applying for PR. But the same can hold true for study permits. For over 22, says you cannot support yourself if you have a mental or physical condition. What disability do you have that you cannot support yourself financially? There is an AND so need to meet both requirements.

You are not a overage dependant.

eowgluor23

Jan 4, 2023
You are posting the directions for immigration. Your father is not applying for PR. But the same can hold true for study permits. For over 22, says you cannot support yourself if you have a mental or physical condition. What disability do you have that you cannot support yourself financially? There is an AND so need to meet both requirements.

You are not a overage dependant.
Thanks for the explanation. Yes, my father is not applying for Permanant Residency and NONE of my family members are traveling with me to Canada.

Sure, I understand same conditions may hold and or apply for study permit applicants. I have read and seen cases where students above 22 years and do not have spouse or common law partners have received full funding from their family members and gotten VISA approved.

I still do not understand what is wrong for a parent who owns business in their home country to sponsor their children over 22 years to study in Canada.

Anyways, I will learn more about this from IRCC website.

Thanks for your help.

Regards

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks for the explanation. Yes, my father is not applying for Permanant Residency and NONE of my family members are traveling with me to Canada.

Sure, I understand same conditions may hold and or apply for study permit applicants. I have read and seen cases where students above 22 years and do not have spouse or common law partners have received full funding from their family members and gotten VISA approved.

I still do not understand what is wrong for a parent who owns business in their home country to sponsor their children over 22 years to study in Canada.

Anyways, I will learn more about this from IRCC website.

Thanks for your help.

Regards
Did you father provide personal bank accounts? Your dad owning a business is irrelevant. You can’t show business funds. Anyways you have bigger issues than your father fully supporting your studies. You provided possiblly fraudulent documents that were not even your own but your father’s.