+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Procedural Fairness letter - additional info in 30 days

m9090

Apr 7, 2015
My wife got an email today - procedural fairness letter - ABU DHABI VO has concerns that I, sponsor, does not reside in Canada. VO wants additional information in 30 days. What additional information can I send to the VO. Please help

wowsers

Feb 6, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What information have you already supplied? Does the VO know that you are a Canadian citizen? Does the VO have your address in Canada? Are you employed? Does the VO know your employer's identity and address? Will your employer supply a letter stating that you are employed in Canada and regularly turn up to work? Have you filed taxes in Canada? Use your imagination: the possibilities are legion!

annakrystyna13

Star Member
Feb 10, 2015
You can also ask your neighbours to write letters for you. Or take copies of mail that comes to your house. Or copies of bills that you pay every month... You do live in Canada, right?

m9090

Apr 7, 2015
wowsers said:
What information have you already supplied? Does the VO know that you are a Canadian citizen? Does the VO have your address in Canada? Are you employed? Does the VO know your employer's identity and address? Will your employer supply a letter stating that you are employed in Canada and regularly turn up to work? Have you filed taxes in Canada? Use your imagination: the possibilities are legion!
I gave them my passport copy and citizen card copy, with my employer letter. I'm self employed now as a real estate sales person. I did give them my canadian address. I have been visiting my spouse everyyear for 2-4 months. We have teo kids and are married for 6 years now. I guess I will give them curse transcripts fron realtor college, utilty bill for my apartment, Letter from my brokerage that I work for them, my most recent commission cheque. Will that do or should I go for a lawyer?

wowsers

Feb 6, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The issue the VO has raised is whether you reside in Canada. If you are a Canadian citizen you do not need to reside in Canada but have to show an intention to return. So I assume there is a potential sub-issue as well, whether in the event of your being resident outside Canada you intend to return. The materials you intend to present to the VO in support of your assertion that you reside in Canada are not all that persuasive: your passport and citizen card copy will not prove residence in Canada, since you are now self-employed your 'employer letter' will only prove a past status, a Canadian address is not of much use unless you also prove that you live at the address, transcripts from college will not show that you actually attended; so those items of proof do not appear to be of much weight. Depending on what precisely they say the utility bill, the commission cheque and a letter from a brokerage firm are potentially more helpful, but my general impression is that the case you intend to present is a bit thin and that you should consult a lawyer to have a look at whatever additional material you can gather together.

m9090

Apr 7, 2015
wowsers said:
The issue the VO has raised is whether you reside in Canada. If you are a Canadian citizen you do not need to reside in Canada but have to show an intention to return. So I assume there is a potential sub-issue as well, whether in the event of your being resident outside Canada you intend to return. The materials you intend to present to the VO in support of your assertion that you reside in Canada are not all that persuasive: your passport and citizen card copy will not prove residence in Canada, since you are now self-employed your 'employer letter' will only prove a past status, a Canadian address is not of much use unless you also prove that you live at the address, transcripts from college will not show that you actually attended; so those items of proof do not appear to be of much weight. Depending on what precisely they say the utility bill, the commission cheque and a letter from a brokerage firm are potentially more helpful, but my general impression is that the case you intend to present is a bit thin and that you should consult a lawyer to have a look at whatever additional material you can gather together.
Thanks a lot for your advice< appreciate it.