+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Problems RE: non-accompanying dependent child

Canimagic

Jan 16, 2018
Guys, hi to all!
I try to be prepared for the future problems with med.exams. Help me, please.
I can't find information about where I need to send Statutory declaration. It should be sent to VO(Visa office) on paper or upload to CIC account\GCKey as electronic version?
Sorry for such maybe stupid question.

Xter

Mar 9, 2018
Please I need advise my husband and I just got a letter from Cic to provide medical examination for the daughter he had with his ex common law partner which he lost contact with. He has sent her series of email but no response and her contact number isn't going through at this stage what can we do.

Canimagic

Jan 16, 2018
Please I need advise my husband and I just got a letter from Cic to provide medical examination for the daughter he had with his ex common law partner which he lost contact with. He has sent her series of email but no response and her contact number isn't going through at this stage what can we do.
I have the same situation, my husband's ex-common law don't want to cooperate and she just ignores his letters. But we are still waiting for med.request.

Xter

Mar 9, 2018
I have the same situation, my husband's ex-common law don't want to cooperate and she just ignores his letters. But we are still waiting for med.request.
Do you mean Med request from CIC. Am soo scared I hope this doesn't affect our application.

Renzkie

Apr 5, 2018
Hi! I have the same problem with u guys, question if ever we didn’t provide a medical cert within the grace period they provide what will happen to our application?

Last edited:

Canimagic

Jan 16, 2018
Hi! I have the same problem with u guys, question if ever we didn’t provide a medical cert within the grace period they provide what will happen to our application?
Hi! I think that they will ask again to provide med.exam, but i'm not sure.

Canimagic

Jan 16, 2018
Guys, hi to all!
I try to be prepared for the future problems with med.exams. Help me, please.
I can't find information about where I need to send Statutory declaration. It should be sent to VO(Visa office) on paper or upload to CIC account\GCKey as electronic version?
Sorry for such maybe stupid question.
Any information, please! Who had the same?

Canimagic

Jan 16, 2018
Do you mean Med request from CIC. Am soo scared I hope this doesn't affect our application.
Any news? What you decided to do with this problem?
I think send to CIC the declaration, husband's letters to ex and explanation letter that we couldn't get child to pass med.exam. We have nothing else to add.

jodyj21

Apr 13, 2018
Has anyone had experience with including non-accompanying children in an application where the father (the applicant) is not listed on the Birth Certificate? My husband-to-be was told that he might be the father of a child a few years back, and that he is one of three possible fathers. The mother refuses DNA testing and has not listed a father on the Birth Certificate. My hubby seems to think that the child could be his, as he is starting to see a family resemblance as the child gets older. He can't afford DNA testing, but we are worried that once this woman realizes that she stands to make some money when my husband immigrates and gets a better paying job, she may try to declare him as the father by adding him to the birth certificate (apparently a father can be named on a birth certificate without signing it himself in his country). If this happens while the application is in process, we are worried that it could delay the application process.

I guess my question is - would it be better to declare the child in the application without being on the birth certificate and if DNA testing shows he is not the father, or if another man gets named on the birth certificate while our application is in process, request to have the child removed from the application? Or is it better to not include the child since there is no documentation or proof of parentage at the time of application? It's hard to say that this time whether or not she would consent to the medical evaluation or obtaining a passport for the child anyway, but if we have to add the child later, it might raise some flags with the application.

Jamiefhat07

May 26, 2018
Hi guys. I have a question about a I child included in my application for dependent. Your reply would be well appreciated.
I have been given letter of advice to apply.I am having issues with the adoption papers,of the child I included in my profile,according to the laws of my country the adoption process will take nothing less than a year and now I have less than 40 days to submit my application. Since the child’s name is in the profile used for normination,what should my spouse and I do to complete the application for submission and can we proceed without the child?