Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-06-2012
VISA ISSUED...
11-06-2012
LANDED..........
28-06-2012
I agree with Canadianwoman. Don't omit the child from your application, it could cost you in the long run.
I had a similar situation too, but finally my husband's ex agreed to have the child do the medical. It is because of my husband's ex that we delayed sending our application, and when we did without the medical, the application was returned to us.
Ask your spouse to talk to the ex and explain to her why it is important for the child to get examined. It may also be a good idea to correspond with the ex in writing (maybe email), that way you have written proof that you have tried to convince her in case she still does not co-operate.

lacey_

Jun 16, 2016
Hello,

Me and my common law partner has a similar situation. We are about to submit the sponsorship application but we are troubled by declaring his . children. He and his wife are separated for 10 years and has not contacted each other ever since, he has not seen or heard from his children as well. If we still declare the children as dependents, the wife will refuse or worse cause trouble to our application.

I need your advice on this situation please. Thank you in advance.

expectin

Dec 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mex
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-09-2015
Doc's Request.
18-03-2016 RPRF
AOR Received.
AOR Dec Second
File Transfer...
Nov-18
Med's Request
Upfront - August 6
Med's Done....
August -6-2015
lacey_ said:
Hello,

Me and my common law partner has a similar situation. We are about to submit the sponsorship application but we are troubled by declaring his . children. He and his wife are separated for 10 years and has not contacted each other ever since, he has not seen or heard from his children as well. If we still declare the children as dependents, the wife will refuse or worse cause trouble to our application.

IN THE SAME BOAT, ANY INFO?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
expectin said:
IN THE SAME BOAT, ANY INFO?
You must include any dependent children in the app and they must undergo a medical.

If the custodial parent refuses to allow the medical to be done, you need to document this refusal. You need to get a notarized declaration stating that you understand that the child will be excluded from the Family Class and that you will never be able to sponsor them. If there are court papers granting the other parent full custody, include those as well.

ScottishPolish

Star Member
Apr 9, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-02-2016
AOR Received.
23-02-2016
File Transfer...
12-03-2016
Med's Done....
01-16-2016
Interview........
15-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
15-06-2016
LANDED..........
19-06-2016
lacey_ said:
Hello,

You HAVE to declare his children or you will be refused for misrepresentation, or have your PR revoked possibly at some point in the future. Just put them in your application, CIC will not contact your ex-wife or your children. They just need to know in advance. They will ask you for pictures and medicals for each child on your application, however if you have had no contact and no way of contacting, you must prove that you tried to contact. For example, if you have your ex's email address, send them an email. Try calling them if you can, and use your phone bill to prove that you tried the number. Try to do as much as you can to track them down - if they don't respond or refuse to help or send you a nasty reply to your email, print everything you can and submit it with your file.

Write a letter, stating you tried to contact the ex, and show proof that you really did try. That is what they need to see, and its not an unusual situation - but you really have to try. Don't get refused for something that is beyond your control. Do everything you can, and then tell CIC what you did and the attempts you made.

expectin

Dec 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mex
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-09-2015
Doc's Request.
18-03-2016 RPRF
AOR Received.
AOR Dec Second
File Transfer...
Nov-18
Med's Request
Upfront - August 6
Med's Done....
August -6-2015
ScottishPolish said:
You HAVE to declare his children or you will be refused for misrepresentation, or have your PR revoked possibly at some point in the future. Just put them in your application, CIC will not contact your ex-wife or your children. They just need to know in advance. They will ask you for pictures and medicals for each child on your application, however if you have had no contact and no way of contacting, you must prove that you tried to contact. For example, if you have your ex's email address, send them an email. Try calling them if you can, and use your phone bill to prove that you tried the number. Try to do as much as you can to track them down - if they don't respond or refuse to help or send you a nasty reply to your email, print everything you can and submit it with your file.

Write a letter, stating you tried to contact the ex, and show proof that you really did try. That is what they need to see, and its not an unusual situation - but you really have to try. Don't get refused for something that is beyond your control. Do everything you can, and then tell CIC what you did and the attempts you made.
Thank you very much, also thanks canadianwoman and ImaBule, your informatiosn here are very helpful.

CharlieSG77

Nov 28, 2017
I am just starting my application and am also in the same boat

Myself and my ex split 11 years ago and I have not had any contact with her or my child since. I pay child support every month and have never missed a payment. She remarried very soon after and they raised my daughter as their own, so my daughter doesn't even know that I exist.

I will try to contact her to see if she will do the medical, but again as so many of you I do not have her contact details.

How have you all got on and any advice would be very much appreciated

Canimagic

Jan 16, 2018
I am just starting my application and am also in the same boat

Myself and my ex split 11 years ago and I have not had any contact with her or my child since. I pay child support every month and have never missed a payment. She remarried very soon after and they raised my daughter as their own, so my daughter doesn't even know that I exist.

I will try to contact her to see if she will do the medical, but again as so many of you I do not have her contact details.

How have you all got on and any advice would be very much appreciated
CharlieSG77, hello,
did you find the solution of your problem?
We, with my husband, are in the same situation. CIC returned our application,cause they want the birth cert. of a child who will not accomp. us.
My hasband's ex don't want to contact with him and will never provide us the birth cert.of their child. So now i don't know what to do...

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
CharlieSG77, hello,
did you find the solution of your problem?
We, with my husband, are in the same situation. CIC returned our application,cause they want the birth cert. of a child who will not accomp. us.
My hasband's ex don't want to contact with him and will never provide us the birth cert.of their child. So now i don't know what to do...
Did you submit the necessary proofs for excluding the child?

Canimagic

Jan 16, 2018
P.S. I mean,maybe somebody here provided to CIC only refusal letter(email,facebook chat) from ex, that this ex will not give the birth cert. of the child and med.exam. ? So, after this explication, CIC will say us OK and continue to process our application, is it right?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thanks , canuck_in_uk
Of course i had read the previous posts.
And now I have a question, if some refusal letter from ex is really good enough for Mississauga? Maybe there is a person who did it?
No, a refusal letter from the ex is not enough.