+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Problem with my NZ police certificate?

Sachinkumar

Star Member
Jul 15, 2017
Hi,

Need help !

I have applied for my criminal conviction history check from New Zealand to complete my Canada PR documentation. Tomorrow is the 20th working day from the date I applied, but I haven't got any reply from them. Do they generally send this form within 20 working days as stated on their website or there is always a delay? What can I do to avoid further delay?

You will get it within two days from now, if not then just send a reminder mail to NZ authority and they will send you same day.

Reactions: ankit_mba

10z

Oct 27, 2017
Hi!

Hopefully this is the right forum. Apologies if not.

I'm from the UK and am currently in the process of applying for a work permit through the IEC. I submitted all my documents and everything has come back fine with the exception of my New Zealand police check. The body of the email is as so:

Now when I originally looked at what documents I needed, it told me I needed to fill out a Consent to Discloure of Information form and that the CIC Office processing my application would work with the appropriate authorities to obtain the required Criminal History Report on my behalf.

So I click on the link they give me in this letter and I have two options (Non resident living in NZ and non resident living outside of NZ). At the time of submission I was living in NZ, however now I am back in the UK. However both options still link me to the same disclosure form that they are telling me isn't acceptable!

I have until the 21st October to submit what they want but I can't work out what it is they want?

Can anybody help me with this?

Thanks!
Hi... Sorry I'm just seeing this right now. But hopefully it'll help people in the same situation. So there are two ways to apply for a criminal records check from Ministry of Justice, NZ. Either post them the completed web form with an ID or you could email them the same.

You receive your CRIMINAL RECORDS CHECK IN 20 business days. As simple as that.

Please do not sent the consent form to CIC as that is an incomplete process. Everything is written on the web form itself.

ankit_mba

Oct 8, 2018
Hi,

I just noticed that the criminal conviction history check letter from New Zealand does not have my passport number. It specifies my name, DOB, address, Gender. Does their format not include passport number? Will that be acceptable by CIC?

angel_ca

Jan 12, 2018
Hi! I have sent the PCC application on 3 December 2018 but i haven't received any response yet. It is more than a month by now. Can anyone please tell me how long it will take?