+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Problem with GCKey: They are sending me on a loop of sign-in

shizzyd

May 3, 2019
So I originally signed up for a GCKey to work on my work permit application. Within a day, when I try to sign back in, they tell me that my username and password has been revoked. I make another GCKey, but after signing in, it shows me:

You last signed in with your GCKey on Friday, May 03, 2019 at 08:58:01 ET.

From this page you can Change Your Password, Change Your Recovery Questions or Revoke Your GCKey.

To help protect your information, please remember to sign out and close your browser before leaving this computer unattended.

Please select Continue to return to the Government of Canada online service.

By clicking Continue, I am being sent to the original services page and asked to log in again. I can't access any services or applications in my account. Has this happened to anyone? Please let me know if it has so I can find solutions. I'd really appreciate it!

shiningbright

Nov 17, 2019
~replying for future visitors~

I face a similar issue logging in to my cic account using GC Key, in multiple web browsers (firefox, chrome, safari) in incognito or regular mode:

After signing in with GC Key, entering username & password, reaching login page & hit continue, agree to T&C; I get rerouted to the http://www.cic.gc.ca/ webpage

My workaround is to ‘Clear browsing data’ in my web browser, and try again (in Chrome, this option is found by typing chrome://history/ in the address bar)

I have found that I have to do one unsuccessful run completely, clear browsing data, and then try again in order to login successfully, and reach the page with my security question & password.

UPDATE: also see this solution for clearing corrupt cookies, which also works well.

Last edited:

DWavid

May 1, 2021
I don't know if this helps future visitors, but I used Safari and had the exact same problem. It drove me crazy. I switched to chrome and everything was smooth. I was immediately redirected to the page where you create your application account.