+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Problem with extending post-graduate work permit

recvenu

Mar 14, 2008
Friends,

I have a situation. I appreciate if anyone could help.

I am currently working on post-graduate work permit and it is expiring in May 2008. I have already applied for PR (processing start date : Dec 27, 2007) under Highly skilled category, but I am not sure how long it is going to take even to get medicals. Few of my friends who applied in September '07 got their medicals in Feb '08, which is slightly encouraging. But, I don't think I will get my PR before my work permit expires. in My employer is not willing to file LMO for extending my post-graduate permit to convert it to a LMO-based permit, to cover me for the time till I get my PR further to work-permit expiry date.

1)Do you know any lawyer who dealt with such situations?
2)Is there anyway to expedite the PR process, explaining them my case? (I am probably hoping for too much)
3)What are the options I have (I figured that I can enroll myself at University), except for leaving job and Canada and enter Canada once I get my PR, looking for job all over again? I prefer to remain in Canada even if I have to change jobs.

Thanks for your time.

habib890

Mar 30, 2008
1)Do you know any lawyer who dealt with such situations?
-I am not familar with such lawyer. However, you may search over internet and send them emails and verify your case with them. Always be careful about the charges and authenticity of their work.

2)Is there anyway to expedite the PR process, explaining them my case? (I am probably hoping for too much)
- Submission of a job offer (arranged job) may help you to speed up the process.

3)What are the options I have (I figured that I can enroll myself at University), except for leaving job and Canada and enter Canada once I get my PR, looking for job all over again? I prefer to remain in Canada even if I have to change jobs.
- Yea, that is a better option to enroll at university or any other program. Thats how you can opbtain a study permit and you don't have to leave Canada.
-As you have already spent your post-graduation work permit, now the next option is to get a job, a company who will apply for LMO for you.

dev.gavande

Star Member
May 13, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 Apr 2015
AOR Received.
12 Apr 2015
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Done....
08 May 2015
Passport Req..
31-Jul-2015
I have a dilemma about extension of spouse open work permit. The rules are not very clearly stated on
CIC website and creates confusion.
I already have open work permit and has started working here in alberta,canada while my husband is in
montreal, quebec.

My situation is:
My husband's study permit expiry: 30 Nov 2014
My passport expiry: 27 Oct 2014
My work permit expiry: 27 Sep 2014
I will be applying for passport renewal here and will get by May 2014.
My husband will apply for an off-campus work permit in June2014 through which he will get off-campus WP
till Dec 2014. He will apply for an actual Work permit once he receives his transcripts in Oct 2014
approximately.

Question is:
2) How and when do I apply for extension so that it comes before my WP expiry? Do i apply for one
extension after I get new passport which hopefully get me a WP till Nov 2014. and Then apply with my
husband in Oct 2014 for another extension?

I am really confused and cannot find any answers online. I would like to know if you can help me. Do
let me know. Also, can I apply for PR during this time? Is it valid?
I would appreciate if you could guide me.