+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Problem with application status of University of Ottawa

Elsy123

Star Member
Nov 8, 2018
I have registered through OUAC account for meng chemical engineering.
Then i got access to UOZONE.
I have uploaded all document and my professors submitted their refernce form.And my checklists are full ticked in the site.But still the application status is showed as 'incomplete'.Why is this?
Some body please respond.

Elsy123

Star Member
Nov 8, 2018
I completed my B.Tech by may 2018.
After that i went for IELTS Coaching and done my examination on september 2018.
After that I applied to canadian universities for fall / sept 2019 intake.
Now Iam not doing anything.But i plan to do a certification course which starts at the end of januvary and ends on march.

Between these period i will have a gap of more than 4 months.

Will these gap create problem on my visa approval..

FarzanHyder

Star Member
Oct 4, 2018
Hey, even I'm applying in the University of Ottawa. when did you apply btw? What is the status shown in the portal? mine is under evaluation. Don't know how much time they'll take to get back. The gap shouldn't be a problem as you're directly applying after passing out from B.Tech.

Elsy123

Star Member
Nov 8, 2018
I applied at the end of october.Till now at the same status like you. But they updated the date 2 times..

Could you share your profile please

FarzanHyder

Star Member
Oct 4, 2018
I'm a working professional. I applied for Meng in Engineering management. To be honest the profiles can't be compared. As you said that they have updated the date 2 times. on what occasions was it exactly? My thought is they update each time you upload a document from the checklist. You must have done the uploading on two occasions so it came like that.

If you don't mind me asking. where are you from. I'm from India. To be precise from Andhra Pradesh.

Elsy123

Star Member
Nov 8, 2018
I uploaded my documents and my refernces are completed within the same week i got access to uozone. After that they updated the date but with the same status "Under Evaluation"
Iam from Tamil nadu

FarzanHyder

Star Member
Oct 4, 2018
Yes, that what I'm saying. It is like that only. Did you courier the hard copies of the transcripts? if yes then did you receive any acknowledgement from their side? I mean I have sent them but not received any acknowledgement.

FarzanHyder

Star Member
Oct 4, 2018
Not necessarily. It is better to send them anyway since the further processing depends upon the receiving of transcripts from the university. The ones which we upload is not official, even though pictorially it is. Reason being that it may delay the process. I'm not sure how true it is. Just saying.

FarzanHyder

Star Member
Oct 4, 2018
If you have marked the university while filling your application there is no requirement to send them. In case you didn't, we have to send them through TRF form through the British Council.