+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Problem Uploading Documents in MyCIC

kellios

Oct 8, 2015
Hi there. I am applying for a Study Permit. When I tried to upload the necessary documents, the error message reads:

Validation error: You have not completed the mandatory fields or you have not completed them correctly. Please make corrections where indicated.

Error Description: You have specified an incorrect file format for your attachment. Retry with another format. The following file formats are allowed: DOC; JPG; PDF; PNG; and TIFF.

BUT the file I was uploading is PDF. Why does it say it is an incorrect file format? Really appreciate any help. Thank you.

Kellios

Askani

Star Member
May 27, 2015
Quebec, Montreal
Visa Office......
Pakistan, Karachi
kellios said:
Hi there. I am applying for a Study Permit. When I tried to upload the necessary documents, the error message reads:

Validation error: You have not completed the mandatory fields or you have not completed them correctly. Please make corrections where indicated.

Error Description: You have specified an incorrect file format for your attachment. Retry with another format. The following file formats are allowed: DOC; JPG; PDF; PNG; and TIFF.

BUT the file I was uploading is PDF. Why does it say it is an incorrect file format? Really appreciate any help. Thank you.

Kellios
Your pdf file should not be longer than 4mb

kellios

Oct 8, 2015
Askani said:
Your pdf file should not be longer than 4mb
Hello thank you for the reply. The file i tried to upload was only 200kb. So it has to be due to something else.

I suspect that maybe I have to upload the top most requested documents first, then only I can upload the next documents? On the "Your Document Checklist" page, the list is like this:

Application for Study Permit Made Outside of Canada (IMM1294) (required) "Upload File"

Certificat d'acceptation du Québec (CAQ) (required) "Upload File"

Proof of Means of Financial Support (required) "Upload File"

Passport or travel document (required) "Upload File"

and so on....

There is an instruction saying:

"You will be required to upload every requested form and document. You will not be able to proceed to the next steps until you upload every form/document."

Is this the reason I could not upload my passport scan? Because I have not uploaded the earlier requested documents? Because if yes then I can't submit my application because I havent received the CAQ. I am very short of time because my course begins in January 6, 2016, and today is already October 19, 2015. The visa processing time for Singapore HC is 9 weeks.

I am also considering whether to instead apply on paper via the Kuala Lumpur VFS VAC (I am from Malaysia). I am not sure which is faster.

I would appreciate any advice at all. Thanks :)

kellios

Oct 8, 2015
Here is an update. I have tried uploading the main form IMM1294 and I got this error:

Error Description: Document is not a valid PDF file

The IMM1294 is clearly a PDF file. I have completed the form electronically, validated it and saved it. Anyone know whats the problem here? Thanks.