+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Priority Skills - Newfoundland and Labrador PNP

athirasreenivas

Star Member
Feb 20, 2020
Hi,
It seems to me that agency never replied for the additional information asked in mentioned timeframe of 5 days, in fact they never checked the email and only followed the portal online. It seems agency replied only when I asked them to check for the email which is 25 March (after 3 months I guess , as additional documents (Financial info and reference letter ) was asked on Jan via portal). Again I asked agency to reach out to immigration officer, and agency have sent us the screen shot (not the content of the email actually) of an email being sent to immigration officer via portal. If the questions being asked were not replied on mentioned timeframe, do they disqualify me, or would they be processing further once officer received answers.
any updates from ur agency

linrej

Jun 11, 2021
Delhi
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
08-01-2021
Doc's Request.
10-06-2021
Nomination.....
20-12-2021
Did the officer ask you general questions?
Yes the officer asked general questions and proof of financial funds along with my updated Ielts test report form.

linrej

Jun 11, 2021
Delhi
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
08-01-2021
Doc's Request.
10-06-2021
Nomination.....
20-12-2021
linrej, about the general questions what kind of questions did officer ask, it is possible to share it here?
Although i cannot use the exact wordings of email body but i can brief the questions were about the following:
1. Intention to settle in Newfoundland and Labrador, or another area of Canada in mind for your permanent residence.

2. If working or studying, with details of your current employment ( position, describe your duties, how many hours you work, etc..)

3. About Third party agency for NL Provincial Nominee Program application

4. Visa/ permit aaication refused for Canada or any other country - If yes, please explain

5. Current balance of your financial accounts with statement as proof.

6. money owed for anything - Like car loans, house loans, other loans.

7. Full residential address.

8. Family details in Canada (spouse/self)

9. married or living long-term with a partner

10. Any children - if yes how many

11. employment reference letter to proof your work experience with job title, start, end date.

12. Changes with your situation (ex. address, employment, etc.) since applied to the Provincial Nominee Program

These were the set of 12 questions asked by the officer.

Hope this helps!!

Reactions: garysmithcan

garysmithcan

Nov 12, 2021
Although i cannot use the exact wordings of email body but i can brief the questions were about the following:
1. Intention to settle in Newfoundland and Labrador, or another area of Canada in mind for your permanent residence.

2. If working or studying, with details of your current employment ( position, describe your duties, how many hours you work, etc..)

3. About Third party agency for NL Provincial Nominee Program application

4. Visa/ permit aaication refused for Canada or any other country - If yes, please explain

5. Current balance of your financial accounts with statement as proof.

6. money owed for anything - Like car loans, house loans, other loans.

7. Full residential address.

8. Family details in Canada (spouse/self)

9. married or living long-term with a partner

10. Any children - if yes how many

11. employment reference letter to proof your work experience with job title, start, end date.

12. Changes with your situation (ex. address, employment, etc.) since applied to the Provincial Nominee Program

These were the set of 12 questions asked by the officer.

Hope this helps!!

Hi linrej,

Could you please post your up to date timeline. ?

and do you know at what stage IELTS results get freeze?

Thanks..

Reactions: linrej

linrej

Jun 11, 2021
Delhi
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
08-01-2021
Doc's Request.
10-06-2021
Nomination.....
20-12-2021
Hi linrej,

Thanks..
IELTS test results are valid for two years .. it gets frozen once you recieve the AOR from Federal Immigration.

Reactions: garysmithcan

linrej

Jun 11, 2021
Delhi
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
08-01-2021
Doc's Request.
10-06-2021
Nomination.....
20-12-2021
Hi linrej,

Thanks..

Our timeline from EOI was as follows:
- Newfoundland and Labrador (NL) Expression of Interest submitted on 8th Jan 2021
- NL ITA Received on 10th Jun 2021
- Documents submitted on 19th Jul 2021
- Additional information was requested over email from the assigned officer on 28th Nov 2021 which had to be replied via email to within five days.
- NL Nomination received on 21st Dec 2021
- Express entry updated on 21st Dec 2021
- Federal ITA received on 22nd Dec 2021
- Medicals done upfront on 6th Jan 2022
- ITA Documents submitted along with Medical reports on 14th Feb 2022
- AOR recieved on 14th Feb 2022
- Medical examination passed updated on CIC portal on 21st Apr 2022
- Biometrics request letter received on 1st Apr 2022
- Additional document request letter (for Spouse Oman PCC) received on 1st Apr 2022
- Biometrics done and submitted on 6th Apr 2022.
- Additional document submitted on 30th Apr 2022.
Currently status in portal showing background check in progress.

linrej

Jun 11, 2021
Delhi
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
08-01-2021
Doc's Request.
10-06-2021
Nomination.....
20-12-2021
Our timeline from EOI was as follows:
- Newfoundland and Labrador (NL) Expression of Interest submitted on 8th Jan 2021
- NL ITA Received on 10th Jun 2021
- Documents submitted on 19th Jul 2021
- Additional information was requested over email from the assigned officer on 28th Nov 2021 which had to be replied via email to within five days.
- NL Nomination received on 21st Dec 2021
- Express entry updated on 21st Dec 2021
- Federal ITA received on 22nd Dec 2021
- Medicals done upfront on 6th Jan 2022
- ITA Documents submitted along with Medical reports on 14th Feb 2022
- AOR recieved on 14th Feb 2022
- Medical examination passed updated on CIC portal on 21st Apr 2022
- Biometrics request letter received on 1st Apr 2022
- Additional document request letter (for Spouse Oman PCC) received on 1st Apr 2022
- Biometrics done and submitted on 6th Apr 2022.
- Additional document submitted on 30th Apr 2022.
Currently, status in the portal shows background checks in progress.

Finally, the much-awaited golden email with the passport request (PPR) arrived in the inbox on 7th Jun 2022.

vivekrana22

Dec 29, 2021
Hi All,

I have received nomination from Newfoundland & Labrador province under the Priority Skills NL program. They have sent nomination certificate through email and my Express Entry profile is also updated with the nomination details. But there's one issue, the occupation code (NOC) mentioned in the nomination certificate is 2174 - Software Developer. The occupation code that I had selected while creating the express entry profile was 2173 - Software engineers and designers. Although both are closely related, but still are different codes. Now I am confused what should do? Below are my options.
1. Accept the nomination as it is and don't worry about NOC codes.
2. Reply to Newfoundland & Labrador assessment officer and mention discrepancy in NOCs.
3. Update NOC code to 2174 in my express entry profile.

Has anyone faced a similar situation regarding NOC odes? Please advise what could be the best way to approach this.

Thanks in advance!
Vivek

linrej

Jun 11, 2021
Delhi
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
08-01-2021
Doc's Request.
10-06-2021
Nomination.....
20-12-2021
Hi All,

I have received nomination from Newfoundland & Labrador province under the Priority Skills NL program. They have sent nomination certificate through email and my Express Entry profile is also updated with the nomination details. But there's one issue, the occupation code (NOC) mentioned in the nomination certificate is 2174 - Software Developer. The occupation code that I had selected while creating the express entry profile was 2173 - Software engineers and designers. Although both are closely related, but still are different codes. Now I am confused what should do? Below are my options.
1. Accept the nomination as it is and don't worry about NOC codes.
2. Reply to Newfoundland & Labrador assessment officer and mention discrepancy in NOCs.
3. Update NOC code to 2174 in my express entry profile.

Has anyone faced a similar situation regarding NOC odes? Please advise what could be the best way to approach this.

Thanks in advance!
Vivek
Hi Vivek,

With my similar experience of NOC code 3233 (for LPN in nomination letter) and 3012 (for RN in express entry) If you are already nominated by the province, You may proceed with option 1 (since the NOC code 2173 and 2174 are similar in job description).

Federal immigration office will be checking mainly three things for PNP Applicants: police verification records, Medical reports and proof of funds. Rest are already screened by Newfoundland immigration office before nominating your candidature.

P.S.: There could be exceptions which i cannot predict as each case is unique.

vivekrana22

Dec 29, 2021
Hi Vivek,

With my similar experience of NOC code 3233 (for LPN in nomination letter) and 3012 (for RN in express entry) If you are already nominated by the province, You may proceed with option 1 (since the NOC code 2173 and 2174 are similar in job description).

Federal immigration office will be checking mainly three things for PNP Applicants: police verification records, Medical reports and proof of funds. Rest are already screened by Newfoundland immigration office before nominating your candidature.

P.S.: There could be exceptions which i cannot predict as each case is unique.
Hi Linrej,

Thanks a lot for your input!
I had also sent email to PSNL immigration officer. They have clarified that all Software Developer NOCs are listed as 2174 for PSNL. The nomination certificate is not required to match the work experience NOC listed in the Express Entry profile.

Hoping to receive an ITA soon!

Reactions: linrej

linrej

Jun 11, 2021
Delhi
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
08-01-2021
Doc's Request.
10-06-2021
Nomination.....
20-12-2021
Hi Linrej,

I had also sent email to PSNL immigration officer. They have clarified that all Software Developer NOCs are listed as 2174 for PSNL. The nomination certificate is not required to match the work experience NOC listed in the Express Entry profile.

Glad to hear that! Hope you have accepted the nomination

Next CIC draw for PNP nominees should be scheduled on 22 Jun 2022. You should receive the ITA Email within +/- 2 Days to Draw dates.

All the Best :)

athirasreenivas

Star Member
Feb 20, 2020
Hi Linrej,

i also had the same issue, but later my agent has updated the express entry profile's NOC to the latest one.