+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Principal Applicant not receiving updates on email

Bourne24

Nov 12, 2018
Hi All,
Recently we got request letters for Biometrics and Medical. I am the sponsor and have linked the application to gckey. We got the updates only on the gckey account and PA did not receive any email regarding the letters. Also, we didnt sign any representative form to make Sponsor the representative. I also verified the email address on the forms and the application, the email is correct there as well.PA checked in the junk email folder as well but nothing is there. Are the emails bouncing? Has this happened to anyone?? Is this something we should be worried about. Because as per my experience with my own EE profile, the last Ready for Visa COPR only comes via email and not by gckey. I know there is time left for decision made on the application but my only concern is if PA is not receiving emails now, she might not receive it later as well. And we would not know the updates on the application later on in the stage.
Seniors, please advise on this, should I be raising a webform and asking about the same or this generally happens?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I don't understand what you're saying is happening. How did you get or who got the biometric and medical letters?

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Hi All,
Recently we got request letters for Biometrics and Medical. I am the sponsor and have linked the application to gckey. We got the updates only on the gckey account and PA did not receive any email regarding the letters. Also, we didnt sign any representative form to make Sponsor the representative. I also verified the email address on the forms and the application, the email is correct there as well.PA checked in the junk email folder as well but nothing is there. Are the emails bouncing? Has this happened to anyone?? Is this something we should be worried about. Because as per my experience with my own EE profile, the last Ready for Visa COPR only comes via email and not by gckey. I know there is time left for decision made on the application but my only concern is if PA is not receiving emails now, she might not receive it later as well. And we would not know the updates on the application later on in the stage.
Seniors, please advise on this, should I be raising a webform and asking about the same or this generally happens?
Well you can call and give your email or send webform to change new email. It’s not a issue. There is no ready for visa email due to COVID. You will get direct COPR in your gc key account and just can download from there. Email issue can be resolved by calling them .

Reactions: Bourne24

Bourne24

Nov 12, 2018
I don't understand what you're saying is happening. How did you get or who got the biometric and medical letters?
I am the sponsor and I am receiving gckey updates via email. But as these were Biometrics and Medical letters, these were supposed to have come in the PA's email which she did not receive. So I was wondering if this is a miss from IRCC or does it generally happens that email gets bounced?
Also what should I do in latter case, shall I inform IRCC that PA is not receiving email updates. As later on in the stage this could impact the application?

Bourne24

Nov 12, 2018
Well you can call and give your email or send webform to change new email. It’s not a issue. There is no ready for visa email due to COVID. You will get direct COPR in your gc key account and just can download from there. Email issue can be resolved by calling them .
Ohh great I didnt know that they are sending COPRs on gckey Did you receive it via gckey?

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Ohh great I didnt know that they are sending COPRs on gckey Did you receive it via gckey?
Everyone is receiving it through gc key. You will get email when your application is approved. You download that COPR and send it to case processing centre and send your 2 photographs for pr card. Nothing to worry about. You can certainly call and ask them to add your email to account.

Reactions: Bourne24

DiiDii

Apr 8, 2019
Toronto Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston VO
App. Filed.......
01-23-2020
AOR Received.
02-06-2020
File Transfer...
23-01-2021
Med's Request
18-09-2020
Med's Done....
23-09-2020
Passport Req..
13-07-2021
Hi All,

You (sponsor)gets the emails not the PA. Once application is transferred the PA should start getting emails. Either-way check. Your ECAS and GC-Key periodically as we cant rely on technology and whatever changes they are making to the system in the near future.

You will get updates to check GC-Key when needed. No need to worry.