+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Principal Applicant (Inland) Dependent (Outland) during COVID-19

SunitaArun

Jan 11, 2022
I can understand how you all are feeling. Separation from family is the hardest. Before covid they used to issue PPR to all applicants in one application and I think it was the best way.
this portal way is messed up. Some are waiting for COPR, some are waiting for PR cards and some are waiting for outland dependents' PPR.
It was much easy way to get the PR through one PPR for all applicants in the one application.
Really this is killing me... I've been away from my husband for 1.5 yrs now!!! At this time neither can I apply for spouse work permit nor visitor's visa...

When we contacted our local MP (in Canada) for a status update, this is what we got to know about our application
  • The criminality verifications are in process for your constituent.
  • The security verifications have not been initiated for your constituent.
God only knows how much time this is going to take, and once these are done how long till I'm able to join him there :('

Manishamahajan58

Oct 19, 2019
Really this is killing me... I've been away from my husband for 1.5 yrs now!!! At this time neither can I apply for spouse work permit nor visitor's visa...

When we contacted our local MP (in Canada) for a status update, this is what we got to know about our application
  • The criminality verifications are in process for your constituent.
  • The security verifications have not been initiated for your constituent.
God only knows how much time this is going to take, and once these are done how long till I'm able to join him there :('
I got married in 2018 and still living apart from my husband. SOWP rejected twice and thord time in process

SunitaArun

Jan 11, 2022
I got married in 2018 and still living apart from my husband. SOWP rejected twice and thord time in process
My goodness!!!! That's really really bad... :(

In my case I was working there in Toronto before coming to India as my dad suffered cardiac arrest in Sept 2020. Unfortunately, just the previous day to his passing my husband's study permit had expired and so even my 'spouse WP' (we were waiting for our visa extension that was due around that time), n since then I am stuck here away from my family...

abhishek93

Star Member
May 5, 2017
Whoever got PPR for outland spouse, please share any tips on how to get IRCCs attention to send out PPRs. Why would PPR take so much time once the PA gets eCOPR?? Makes no sense at all.
May not be the best thing to do but you can keep emailing (requesting PPR) at different IRCC offices (Calgary, Ottawa, and any local VO). In our case, whenever we emailed them individually, we received a response for each email, and the PPR was issued by the local VO in a few days after eCoPR.

Also, remember that a lot of additional background work is done by IRCC before PPR is issued, so, it may take a few more days for you. Just hang on and stay positive!

Reactions: rsuriar

royarnab

Star Member
Mar 14, 2021
Anyone knows how long does it take ircc to renew expired medical? My medical got expired and the medical status is showing as you do not need medical. I am cec

vijayb104

Star Member
Sep 22, 2019
May not be the best thing to do but you can keep emailing (requesting PPR) at different IRCC offices (Calgary, Ottawa, and any local VO). In our case, whenever we emailed them individually, we received a response for each email, and the PPR was issued by the local VO in a few days after eCoPR.

Also, remember that a lot of additional background work is done by IRCC before PPR is issued, so, it may take a few more days for you. Just hang on and stay positive!
Could you please share which email addresses we can drop an email to?

abhishek93

Star Member
May 5, 2017
Could you please share which email addresses we can drop an email to?
We emailed to the following (Replace the # symbol with @; my post got flagged earlier):
IRCC.ClientPortal-PortailClient.IRCC#cic.gc.ca [since our Primary VO was CPC-Ottawa]
IRCC.ClientPortalPrairies-PrairiesClientPortail.IRCC#cic.gc.ca [Calgary office; these people reply pretty quickly!]
IRCC.ClientPortalOntario-OntarioClientPortail.IRCC#cic.gc.ca [received delayed replies from them]
cpc-ctd-ottawa#cic.gc.ca
cic-ottawa-immigration#cic.gc.ca

We also went with a mandamus (our application was 'Final Decision Pending' for nearly a year), which could have initiated some of the responses that we received.

Reactions: vijayb104

Manishamahajan58

Oct 19, 2019
We emailed to the following (Replace the # symbol with @; my post got flagged earlier):
IRCC.ClientPortal-PortailClient.IRCC#cic.gc.ca [since our Primary VO was CPC-Ottawa]
IRCC.ClientPortalPrairies-PrairiesClientPortail.IRCC#cic.gc.ca [Calgary office; these people reply pretty quickly!]
IRCC.ClientPortalOntario-OntarioClientPortail.IRCC#cic.gc.ca [received delayed replies from them]
cpc-ctd-ottawa#cic.gc.ca
cic-ottawa-immigration#cic.gc.ca

We also went with a mandamus (our application was 'Final Decision Pending' for nearly a year), which could have initiated some of the responses that we received.
My VO is etobicoke.. the one from which you git delayed replies and now I know why I am waiting for eCOPR and PPR more than the normal time

vijayb104

Star Member
Sep 22, 2019
Guys, I got my COPR today. Below are my timelines -
1st portal email - 10th Feb (Responded with details on same day)
Portal credentials - 11th Feb (Uploaded photo and address on the same day)
ECOPR - 15th Feb
PPR for outland dependents - Awaiting
Email received from Etobicoke

Sorry if this has been answered earlier but can anyone help me with the process of getting PR card. Can we track the status, is there anything that needs to be done from our side and what are general timelines.

• Love
Reactions: shredder

abhishek93

Star Member
May 5, 2017
Guys, I got my COPR today. Below are my timelines -
1st portal email - 10th Feb (Responded with details on same day)
Portal credentials - 11th Feb (Uploaded photo and address on the same day)
ECOPR - 15th Feb
PPR for outland dependents - Awaiting
Email received from Etobicoke

Sorry if this has been answered earlier but can anyone help me with the process of getting PR card. Can we track the status, is there anything that needs to be done from our side and what are general timelines.
Congratulations on the COPR! Based on the portal photo and address, you will get the PR card or a request to update the photo if the original one has issues. You can link it to Gckey with the details on your COPR.

Reactions: vijayb104

munni2022

Jan 14, 2022
I did it.. they replied that I need to send my request to ontario email as my application in not in their (Calgary) office
I also did the same thing for outland dependents and when I emailed they replied saying my file is with different office and send email to Ontario office . When sending emails to Ontario office no responses apart from acknowledgment emails . No responses to webforms . God knows about this system how it functions . If they follow this trend why not backlogs will be there ?