+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Principal Applicant (Inland) Dependent (Outland) during COVID-19

ManiManiMani

Star Member
Feb 5, 2021
Has anyone faced this issue ? My Outland dependent address is updated with my Canadian address and since then the file is not transferred to NDVO. I got eCoPR though , we came to know from IRCC via call today . Strange we never updated Outland address . WTF

But one thing to notice, when i spouse got her remedical request, address was attested to Canada.

Update: called them again and updated my spouse address to India. when I received eCoPR the officer has updated my dependent address to Canada (No idea why he did that, I specifically mentioned my spouse in India in portal login email )

Last edited:

Vikaskumaran96

Star Member
Aug 3, 2021
Today I have received an email reply from NDVO, "If you haven’t received your passport request letter, please be patient until we process your application." (I have been patiently waiting for 15 months now)
In the same email, they have also mentioned "Following the most recent pandemic and lockdown, the High Commission of Canada in India continues to operate with limited resources."

The only thing I failed to understand is how covid is still an issue?
As per my best knowledge and available sources:
  1. India’s cumulative vaccination coverage crosses 92.60 crore https://cdnbbsr.s3waas.gov.in/s3850af92f8d9903e7a4e0559a98ecc857/uploads/2021/10/2021100756.pdf
  2. Since July 2021, Covid cases in India is dropped https://covid19.who.int/region/searo/country/in
It has been more than one month I got my eCOPR but nothing for my dependents. Anyone else in the same boat? Did you ever try calling/emailing IRCC? If yes, please share your experience.
I got my COPR in Aug starting but no PPR for dependent yet. I'm thinking of going to india and pply for PRTD to comeback but everyone is advising against the same. Isnt it a good option.?Is it that difficult to search for job after coming here or from india in Canada when we have a PR? Please help guys. Im really very confused

PS:My project assign may end if i go to india

Moazali6

Star Member
Feb 25, 2021
Hi @Moazali6 , do you know if your application is finalized? All stages are passed? My dependants remedical was Passed on 13th Sept still no portal email. I'm not sure if all my stages are passed or it is just my bad luck. Requested GCMS notes 2 months back no response from IRCC.
all my stages were finalized since March 2021. I am not sure about others but I blame my bad luck for it. I see most of AOR applied after me getting eCOPR so it has to do with luck then with the application.. I am hopeless but I dont want to make u loose ur hope.. Cheers and good luck

BossB

Star Member
Apr 28, 2021
Mine is the same, it has my details but has the instruction to submit passports. And also it says if you are in Canada, you don't need to submit your passport.
Same here, so confused. Please tell me how you are going to submit yours. It also says a copy of principal applicant passport is needed…

BossB

Star Member
Apr 28, 2021
Hi Guys, I also got Passport Request but have no idea what is going on... How can I submit my passport from Canada? Or why do they need a picture? Has anyone gone through the process and can confirm?
I am so confused. I am going to call CIC. It looks so weird

shomaro

Jan 6, 2020
Hi @legalfalcon I just received a "Ready for Visa" email (not in GCKey account) ask me to submit the passport to VAC. However I'm the PA in Canada, this letter should be for my dependent who is not in Canada, but only my name and UCI is on this letter. Is it possible to ask my dependent to submit the passport with this letter? Or I should inform IRCC to re-issue a letter? Thanks.

Whateverman

Jul 1, 2020
Hi @legalfalcon I just received a "Ready for Visa" email (not in GCKey account) ask me to submit the passport to VAC. However I'm the PA in Canada, this letter should be for my dependent who is not in Canada, but only my name and UCI is on this letter. Is it possible to ask my dependent to submit the passport with this letter? Or I should inform IRCC to re-issue a letter? Thanks.
Does yours mention to submit your passport too?

iravlad

Star Member
Sep 22, 2019
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
October 2019
It ONLY ask me to submit my passport, not a single letter mentioned my oversea dependent.
when we had our first pre covid PPR, it was also on the name and UCI of the PA but STEP 2 of that PPR contained the clause with the following ".... if you are the holder of passport(s) from countries whose citizens need a visa to travel to Canada, you will need to submit the passport for you and FOR EACH ACCOMPANYING FAMILY MEMBER" You may have a similar clause in your PPR as well. By the way, which visa office issued you the PPR