+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Principal Applicant (Inland) Dependent (Outland) during COVID-19

anisha1992

Oct 20, 2020
Can we apply for Visitor Visa for Dependents while EE application is in process and Primary have recd CoPR..? Will this may hit application and process earlier..? Can dependents travel once Visitor Visa is approved..?
Yes you can but it will most likely be rejected

Shik18

Star Member
Mar 27, 2021
Am I the only one who is still waiting for portal/ppr or any kind of update after remedial approval.

AOR : 31aug 2020, file approved long back but no update till date :(

Reactions: PALASHPAL

JSPRT K

Star Member
Jun 15, 2017
Hello Brother,
I'm also in the same situation. They added my wife also under my virtual landing portal. She is in India.
When I called IRCC, the agent told me they don't know why it happened but her address in the file is Indian address and she will get PPR eventually.
Same here too! They added my spouse in my portal account too.
When I called them to check agent told me officer know that your spouse is Outland and eventually when your spouse be here in Canada you need portal for Pr card.

Reactions: Akash P P

anisha1992

Oct 20, 2020
Am I the only one who is still waiting for portal/ppr or any kind of update after remedial approval.

My second medical is about to expire. No news. I think IRCC has lost my application or something

abhishek93

Star Member
May 5, 2017

Same situation for us too! AOR June 20, 2020. Medicals extended, application all passed as per GCMS notes, but still complete silence.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon Please give your advise on this

How long it can take to get PPR for dependent applicant after primary applicant gets eCOPR.
There are no specific timeframes. It Will depend on the local visa office and the workload, as well as the policies currently in place for issuing PPR to outland dependents.

Ashish_2021

Sep 29, 2021
Then u have to show dual intent and strong ties for your spouse to her home country.
And, she will not live more than the 6 months period in Canada.

this is really hard to prove considering you are in Canada. visa officer will surely think that your spouse will over stay her period.
that's why so many people's visitor visa gets rejected.

best option is to wait, you already have COPR now.
Thanks for sharing & showcasing this view point. Additionally dependent have already active visitor record & expired Travelling Visitor Visa as previously she was in Canada so still feel visitor visa will get rejected..? Also do you think, will in turn can this will hit PR dependent application and get PR travel visa instead of visitor visa..?
Unable to get any response on IRCC Web form. Raised GCMC notes on 21-Jul still awaiting for revert. So how many days generally it take to get revert for it..?

Maninder9944

Star Member
Apr 13, 2021
Hello everyone,, quick question !! Can a dependent raise webform on his/her behalf to NDVO .!! Regarding PPR .!!! (Mentioning all details)
Or can send email to NDVO from an emai id which is not given in portal reply !.!(
Kindly help with query .!!