+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Principal Applicant (Inland) Dependent (Outland) during COVID-19

Mann Gill

Jul 26, 2021
No update at the time of writing. US side we can see some positives. If they are waiting until the last day to announce any news means they want to be done with elections first. May be.
Expecting PPR is frustrating and we are looking for hints.
1st it was, may be after 7th September when they allow visitors, why not our dependents. But nothing. Now its Flight ban (specific to India) Lets see if this crossing gives some good news. Then next step would be issuing PR to Outland applicants :rolleyes: and thinking us with them. Ummm highly unlikely but it's IRCC so who knows.
Air Canada started booking of direct flights so what we can expect ?

Mann Gill

Jul 26, 2021
Just got off phone from ircc help desk agent.
According to agent they do not have procedure to land overseas dependent .. once they (IRCC office) have clear procedure , responsible office will contact the applicant".....

In short they are full of shit and will keep on giving shity answers to all who call..
They have procedure for visitors and procedure to make excuses .they are crazy .

Mann Gill

Jul 26, 2021
I am seriously curious about what is going on in the minds of IRCC policy makers. It's not like they don't know about inland outland situation. After all these facebook group discussions and twitter campaigns there is no way they are unaware of this.
Also last few days I have not seen any movements at all.. what might be going on..:(:(:(
Last 8 months I did not see any movement.

PALASHPAL

Aug 16, 2017
I have just one question, since my wife got the PPR, Can she travel after her visa stamping? I being PA have not received anything from IRCC, neither credentials mail, nor portal mail or copr.
I am waiting for too. My wife submitted passport to VFS for stamping and raised a webform that I am inside .

PALASHPAL

Aug 16, 2017
Hello Everyone,

I have applied CEC Express entry in December 2020 with my husband who is in India (outland dependent ) .
Just now I have received one Request letter in my cic account. I am confused if that is a Passport request for my husband or what. Can someone please confirm if you have received similar letter and what action you have taken on same?

Below are some details from letter - Point A seems a Passport request for my Husband in India.

#############################

The processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada is almost complete. You
must complete the following steps within 30 days in order for our office to issue your
Confirmation of Permanent Residence and, if applicable, your permanent residence visa. If for
any reason you are not able to meet this deadline, please inform our Edmonton IRCC office
immediately via the IRCC Web Form: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp with
details concerning your situation.
Due to the current situation regarding the novel coronavirus, if you are unable to provide the
requested documents by the due date, please advise our office. We understand that some
documentation may be unobtainable at this time. Your application will not be refused because
you are unable to provide the requested document on time.

STEP 3: PREPARE YOUR DOCUMENTS
You must submit together:
1. One copy of this letter.
2. Passport(s) OR photocopy(ies) of passport(s), as explained in Step 2.
3. Two (2) photos of yourself and of each accompanying family member. Photos MUST
meet the precise specifications found in the link below or in Appendix A at the end of this

All required documents must be submitted in one single package.
A) To submit your package while overseas:
Please submit your package to the nearest Visa Application Centre along with the VAC
Passport Transmission fee.
For Passport Transmission instructions and fee details, please visit:
https://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/

B) If you are currently in Canada, you are not required to submit your passport and will
be landed virtually. Please advise our office via webform within 5 days of receipt of
this letter if you and/or any of your dependents are in Canada. Please include each
person’s name/UCI and where they are currently staying/residing (in Canada or
overseas).
Same letter I have got. My wife submitted passport to vfs and I am waiting for portal email since 4th Sep.

tom93

Star Member
Mar 12, 2021
My dependant's re-medical has passed as well this past Friday. Not sure what to expect at this point.

Also, caught a ghost update this evening in the mycic account

Last edited:

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon please update on this
Not necessary.

Medical has to be valid when your application is in progress and when it is approved as well as when you land.

Medical extensions by themselves would not indicate that other stages are passed, however, most people who are now receiving medical extensions have been waiting for a while and most likely their stages are passed.

Reactions: ManiManiMani

harry0207

Dec 6, 2020
My dependant's re-medical has passed as well this past Friday. Not sure what to expect at this point.

Also, caught a ghost update this evening in the mycic account
just hoping these f**king retards won't waste anymore of our time and money.