+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Principal Applicant (Inland) Dependent (Outland) during COVID-19

Maninder9944

Star Member
Apr 13, 2021
"Became PR at" refers to the office which did your virtual landing. Before pandemic, applicants have to go physically to do landing. OSC sucks big time. Many of us did not receive any PPR after getting eCOPR for ourself. IRCC call center will say we have transferred your file to NDVO for spouse's PPR. Bla Bla. So all we can do is wait.
What about contact NDVO regarding this .?.?

mrugs.jani

Star Member
Jul 13, 2015
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-08-2020
I called this morning, agent told me that portal is not misunderstanding for outlanders. Anyways they need a portal in future for their PR card too. Because of restrictions they delay PPR and they want to first complete the landing of PA. That’s what agent told me. And also told that it probably takes from days to weeks.
What? What Restrictions they are talking about? There is no restriction.

kamran.shekh

Star Member
Mar 13, 2016
Hi Guys, my AOR Dec2020. I don't know if I should continue waiting for PR or accept a job offer which I am getting from Europe. Are there chances that IRCC will finally wake up and process our application this year? If I move to Europe, will they cancel my PR application? Thanks to all for your support

mrugs.jani

Star Member
Jul 13, 2015
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-08-2020
Agent told me about travel ban. They are making excuses.
Well, there is no travel ban since Sep 7, 2021. I don't understand the point. @legalfalcon Sir am I missing anything here? why IRCC agents are keep saying due to travel restrictions they can't process PPR? as per my best understanding, there is no travel ban unless they are talking about a direct flight ban from India to Canada.

Akash P P

Jul 30, 2016
Halifax
Category........
CEC
Hello everyone.. this is a reply I got for a web form I raised asking about dependent PPR.

"As the principal applicant in your immigration application, you must confirm your permanent resident status first. Once you are a permanent resident, the processing office will contact your dependent spouse with further instructions on finalizing their immigration process."

I already got copr. So what do they mean by confirming my permanent resident status?

Last edited:

kavish.shaikh1

Star Member
Mar 24, 2017
Hi Guys, my AOR Dec2020. I don't know if I should continue waiting for PR or accept a job offer which I am getting from Europe. Are there chances that IRCC will finally wake up and process our application this year? If I move to Europe, will they cancel my PR application? Thanks to all for your support
No, you can go ahead and accept the job , move to Europe, inform IRCC about your updated residential address.

The only thing then will be that you will receive a PPR as opposed to a eCOPR and you will have to land in Canada to confirm your PR status.

This is as per my understanding.

Reactions: kamran.shekh

shomaro

Jan 6, 2020
Hello everyone.. this is a reply I got for a web form I raised asking about dependent PPR.

"As the principal applicant in your immigration application, you must confirm your permanent resident status first. Once you are a permanent resident, the processing office will contact your dependent spouse with further instructions on finalizing their immigration process."

I already got copr. So what do they mean by confirming my permanent resident status?
Thanks a lot for this information. My understanding is that we just need to wait after we receiving our eCOPR for our outland dependent's PPR. How long have you been receiving this eCOPR?