+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Principal Applicant (Inland) Dependent (Outland) during COVID-19

kavish.shaikh1

Star Member
Mar 24, 2017
I totally get you mate! Can you please share your timeline, like when did all of the stages cleared for you and your spouse?
AOR: Feb, 2020 (CEC inland)
Biometrics: November, 2020
Married: January, 2021
Add spouse (Outland): February 2021
BIL for spouse: May 2021
Biometrics (spouse): July 15, 2021

I ordered GCMS notes on 29th July, waiting for it to see the details of my application!

anisha1992

Oct 20, 2020
Any AOR Feb 2020, CEC applicant with outland dependant still waiting.

I am happy for the guys who applied for PR in 2021 and are already receiving COPR. Congratulations guys.

Buy I am sad and anxious why isn't my application moving.
Jan 2020. No updates since June 2020. Good thing is that I resigned from my job and left Canada and I have already started working in India. So I am not in rush anymore

anisha1992

Oct 20, 2020
my speculation is in the month of Sept when Canada open for tourists
No, they will only be opening for tourists because that brings the government money. You are on their lowest priority because they have already got the money from you. Canadian government is like bloodsucking water leech and we are the buffalo, we know its harmful but we have no choice but to go into the water.

Dhivyabharathi

Star Member
Feb 19, 2018
Anyone who recently got medical passed (after the auto email saying it was extended due to the new policy for inland), and also got a GU a few hours later got the portal email?
I had my medical passed on the 29th of July and a GU a few hours later...

More details on my signature.
Hi all,
I called ircc this morning, they said all stages are passed and they are waiting for officer to make the final decision.
My AOR is april 2020 and i added my spouse in feb 2021. He gave his biometrics on July 29th. Does anyone has the same experience and know how long will our copr will take.

Thank you
My AOR is july 2020. Everything is passed except final decision. They said yesterday somebody left a note in my application saying, "final verification is required" before finalizing the applications. Not sure how long they will take after this step. Mine is in Nova scotia office

Whateverman

Jul 1, 2020
Called IRCC this morning. Seems like medicals have been extended for everyone on file including my dependent till end of December 2021 (Idk how accurate this is and if they really extended medicals for my kid, the agent seemed hesitant in her answer).
As for the COPR, She asked me if I uploaded picture and stuff already I said yes, last Monday, she said "oh, it really is case by case situation but you should receive the eCOPR shortly then". What shortly means? I don't know.
I asked about PPR process when to expect that and she said and I quote "its a completely different process, there is no timeframe, might be in a week or in few months and has nothing to do with your eCOPR."

That's that.
Oh and also, if PPR has nothing to do with eCOPR, why didn't they issue it to us last year and wait for PPR till now or smthing? IDK.

Mann Gill

Jul 26, 2021
I hope the same!
My Work permit is expiring in December 2021, I have already applied for BOWP. Probably that is the only difference. How long is your WP valid for?
Mine work permit is also going to expire in first week of jan 2022.so I need to apply extension now or may be ltr.y u apply so soon?

anisha1992

Oct 20, 2020
how would you be coming back in case they have approved your application?Do you have a valid TRV?
Yes I still have ~6 months left on my PGWP and TRV. If I get my PR before that its good otherwise it won't be possible for me. But I had no choice because my husband has disability and its very difficult for him to manage things without my support. I waited for PR as long as I could.

kavish.shaikh1

Star Member
Mar 24, 2017
Mine work permit is also going to expire in first week of jan 2022.so I need to apply extension now or may be ltr.y u apply so soon?
I want to travel to India in January 2022. So if my BOWP is approved in October\November I can apply for TRV after that.
Else I will be left with implied status if I do not have a BOWP before my WP expires and will be stuck in Canada.