+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Principal Applicant (Inland) Dependent (Outland) during COVID-19

tajindertj

Jul 18, 2016
AOR Received.
22-03-2020
I love how you know literally everything lol!
We are like a big family here.. so weird.

I submitted my things July 26th and haven't gotten anything else but July 27th people are getting COPRs (don't get me wrong, Im happy for everyone!!!).. Idk how tf they are prioritising applications like that.. You'd think they'd follow timelines. Also, someone with AOR June 2021 got COPR in July 2021. I KNOW!
Dude. yesterday I saw an applicant getting copr and ppr for outland dependent. That too from India. Wow. His AOR is March 2021. 1 year after me o_O
Well happy for him but pissed of at IRCC and day before yesterday a guy got a reply from visa office " Due to Covid 19, current travel restrictions remain and at this time we are not processing applications with overseas dependents that are in India."

WTH. 1 person is getting PPR and other person is said to wait. IRCC is a mess and every officer is processing the way they like. PA is not getting anything but dependent is getting PPR. Some PA are getting COPR and dependent is not acknowledged on file. Some cases whole file is on hold. This is Bonkers

Whateverman

Jul 1, 2020
Dude. yesterday I saw an applicant getting copr and ppr for outland dependent. That too from India. Wow. His AOR is March 2021. 1 year after me o_O
Well happy for him but pissed of at IRCC and day before yesterday a guy got a reply from visa office " Due to Covid 19, current travel restrictions remain and at this time we are not processing applications with overseas dependents that are in India."

WTH. 1 person is getting PPR and other person is said to wait. IRCC is a mess and every officer is processing the way they like. PA is not getting anything but dependent is getting PPR. Some PA are getting COPR and dependent is not acknowledged on file. Some cases whole file is on hold. This is Bonkers
I KNOW. I still have not received anything for my dependant, I don't even think they remember I have one lol. And for my COPR, knowing how things happen around here, I will probably receive it end of this year even though people who got PR Confirmation portal emails after me already have one.
It is the most unorganised system I have ever seen.
Canada has people divided in half: Humans(Citizens/PRs of Canada) and nonhumans (the rest of the world)

AJ199101

Star Member
Feb 6, 2020
WOW. and they said "no" whenever I asked if my file was on hold.

At least that requested timeframe is over..
This is a memorandum where they requested to do that and for a memorandum if approved would have announced by IRCC on the website . This was not approved , the same was asked in on of FB groups and @legalfalcon clarified on that .

drms

Star Member
Mar 16, 2017
WOW. and they said "no" whenever I asked if my file was on hold.

At least that requested timeframe is over..
No.. it is not over. It says 'initial period of 90 days'. But again this was not officially approved. But they unofficially put everything on hold. That explains why agents where saying it is not on hold.
My take on this is we will see applications being finalised after mid of August and our dependents will be allowed to travel after Sept 7th if they open borders according to the current plan.

anisha1992

Oct 20, 2020
Can we sue the IRCC? I mean a lot of people didn't get their COPR within the stipulated time limit and all of them had to apply for bridging permit, TRV, other work permit extension etc. All of this has caused significant economic and psychological burden on people. By the way, shouldn't IRCC reimburse the money to people who had to apply for bridging permits and trv because of IRCC's own incompetence in issuing PRs?

Izytiti

Star Member
Aug 18, 2020
Mates, plz help me. AOR: April 2020
I got PPR for my outland dependent, and his passport got stick, he got COPR. and then file got approved, but I (principle applicant) got nothing. In his PPR, it was written that I will contacted by the local office. When I called and agent told me they will contact. But nobody ....but nothing....My husband is coming. Plz help me I am too worried, how can I get my COPR? Is it normal that I haven't received COPR?
I am not sure there’s a way anyone could do to help you except that I will say IRCC is completely in a mess! We can only hope they come out of this mess they are in right now.

Izytiti

Star Member
Aug 18, 2020
I KNOW. I still have not received anything for my dependant, I don't even think they remember I have one lol. And for my COPR, knowing how things happen around here, I will probably receive it end of this year even though people who got PR Confirmation portal emails after me already have one.
It is the most unorganised system I have ever seen.
Canada has people divided in half: Humans(Citizens/PRs of Canada) and nonhumans (the rest of the world)
I am convinced this their immigration drive during this pandemic is much influenced by the quick revenue they generate from application processing fees. As long as money is their priority, they will continue to pile up invitations despite having a huge backlog of applications to clear. They are in a complete mess now!