+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Principal Applicant (Inland) Dependent (Outland) during COVID-19

Sonia Sagwal

Mar 19, 2021
Inland principal with 2 outland dependents
Got the portal email on June 27 and responded back immediately. Haven't received the login credential as of today.
Tried following up with that email but no response. Called the IRCC client service and was told it's probably due to the outland dependents so the VLU (Ottawa) is not taking any action.
I don't know why it's so hard for them to create the login as I am already in Canada or at least they could just repond back to my emails letting me know what's going on. I am so disappointed about the way they are treating the applicants
Hey can u please share your timeline

Diyora

Oct 13, 2017
Just received a request to do medicals for my dependents that were done upfront on August 31, 2020. I don't know if they don't see it in their system or the expiry is too close and that is why they are asking to do this. Anyone had the same thing here?
What is your AOR

suji@03

Jan 25, 2020
Hello experts, I am trying to understand some of the logistics issues that IRCC is currently facing for processing FSW-O and/or CEC with outland applications.

As per my best knowledge:
  • As of June 21, 2021 – Applicants with valid (not expired) Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) and visa can travel to Canada. So I assume travel restriction is not an issue.
  • As of July 19, 2021, VFS accepts Passport submission service via 2-way courier will commence for all categories. So I assume sending PPR and visa stamps are also not an issue.
  • Ban on flights from India to Aug. 21 – I believe even after this ban I have seen many traveling via the third country, I am sure anyone who has approved PR he/she will not have any issue traveling via a third country. If students can take a third country path, approved PR applicants can also take these routes.
I have seen many application approvals from 2021, so not sure what is too difficult with applications from 2019-20?
Yes this is absolutely true.IRCC should work backlogs. They dont have any eta. Ministers should understand the pain of people with long wait and staying away from children and spouse. I dont know How IRCC dont have any covid excuse for approving students ppr. When all other cec applicants are waiting since more than a year having spouse and children outland.and atleast contributing to government paying taxes .
They should undersatand how much pain we are going through by hoping future in this country.
When complete application is approved , got portal confirmation and again application on hold as dependant child is in india.
God only knows what is happening at backend.

Reactions: mrugs.jani

suji@03

Jan 25, 2020

I am going to spam them by tweeting this same tweet again and again until someone notices or i get blocked. My aim to to tweet 1000 times.
Please include 2020 apr cec applicants also.. mine also everything is done until pr portal confirmation..but as my 5 year old kid is in india .. they put on hold mine and spouse also eventhough we are in canada.

Reactions: Sukhvir.Singh

suji@03

Jan 25, 2020
I just checked comments under this petition and noticed that people joined this since November 2020 and were waiting for more than a year at that time.
I wonder if they are still waiting or got their approvals.
We are waiting here since apr 2020 .. no luck for dependants outland..

shomaro

Jan 6, 2020
Got the portal email on June 27 and responded back immediately. Haven't received the login credential as of today.
Tried following up with that email but no response. Called the IRCC client service and was told it's probably due to the outland dependents so the VLU (Ottawa) is not taking any action.
I don't know why it's so hard for them to create the login as I am already in Canada or at least they could just repond back to my emails letting me know what's going on. I am so disappointed about the way they are treating the applicants
Congratulations! May I ask your AOR, and which country are your dependents currently in?

Nick_1919

Jun 30, 2021
That's shame for Canada to provide this kind of service. We all paid over $2k for our PR application and they don't bother even to respond. IDIOTS!!

There is a local office which is responsible for the Confirmation portal. You have to email them. Don't call and ask the IRCC agents that is a different office (probably case processing office located in Ottawa). I don't know why but when they hear "outland dependent", they stop help and consider it like a red mark in your application. IDIOTS!

If you are in Canada, you have to communicate with your local office which is responsible for the Confirmation portal. Send them emails every hour. I don't what to say. That's just ridiculous what they are doing. You are eligible for COPR and have a right to receive it. Make sure you don't attach any files to your emails. It happened to me when I attached pdf file and they didn't receive it.

Whateverman

Jul 1, 2020
Same situation. Received the portal email 3 times - answered 3 times - but no action after that.

Whateverman

Jul 1, 2020
That's shame for Canada to provide this kind of service. We all paid over $2k for our PR application and they don't bother even to respond. IDIOTS!!

There is a local office which is responsible for the Confirmation portal. You have to email them. Don't call and ask the IRCC agents that is a different office (probably case processing office located in Ottawa). I don't know why but when they hear "outland dependent", they stop help and consider it like a red mark in your application. IDIOTS!

If you are in Canada, you have to communicate with your local office which is responsible for the Confirmation portal. Send them emails every hour. I don't what to say. That's just ridiculous what they are doing. You are eligible for COPR and have a right to receive it. Make sure you don't attach any files to your emails. It happened to me when I attached pdf file and they didn't receive it.
May I ask how do you know that IRCC has not received the email with PDF File in it? Is there a way to check if they received the answer or not?

mrugs.jani

Star Member
Jul 13, 2015
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-08-2020

mrugs.jani

Star Member
Jul 13, 2015
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-08-2020
Yes this is absolutely true.IRCC should work backlogs. They dont have any eta. Ministers should understand the pain of people with long wait and staying away from children and spouse. I dont know How IRCC dont have any covid excuse for approving students ppr. When all other cec applicants are waiting since more than a year having spouse and children outland.and atleast contributing to government paying taxes .
They should undersatand how much pain we are going through by hoping future in this country.
When complete application is approved , got portal confirmation and again application on hold as dependant child is in india.
God only knows what is happening at backend.
It seems IRCC ignores the fact and focusing only on revenue.