+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Principal Applicant (Inland) Dependent (Outland) during COVID-19

Arshveer deol

Star Member
Jan 17, 2021
Guys i called ircc today..agent told me that as there is travel ban going on between india and canada, that’s why application is not moving. He said even though the travel ban will lift in future, still you have to keep patience as we have huge backlog

skat2111

Jun 20, 2021
Guys i called ircc today..and the agent told me that as there is travel ban going on between india and canada, that’s why application is not moving. He said even though the travel ban will lift in future, still you have to keep patience as we have huge backlog
They should not have huge backlog. They should make decision and release them when travel ban is lifted. Keeping decision to themselves until restrictions are lifted is a reasonable step they should take.

Reactions: Arshveer deol

Sonia Sagwal

Mar 19, 2021
Guys i called ircc today..agent told me that as there is travel ban going on between india and canada, that’s why application is not moving. He said even though the travel ban will lift in future, still you have to keep patience as we have huge backlog
Sorry to say but these call center agents are useless , every time they change their statement so they do not know anything, please be postie and hope for best

Reactions: Arshveer deol

anisha1992

Oct 20, 2020
No.. in Eastern Europe. I got the portal email and it also had something like this in:
  • If you or one of your dependants currently live outside Canada, let us know by replying to this message.
Not sure if that will still stop the process.
It seems like Eastern Europe outland dependents are getting some progress. Its the indian applicants that are specifically being blocked

Whateverman

Jul 1, 2020
It seems like Eastern Europe outland dependents are getting some progress. Its the indian applicants that are specifically being blocked
Not sure really.. It says: "If you or one of your dependants currently live outside Canada, let us know by replying to this message"

I have a feeling that since I said my dependent is outside that will stop the process again.

Arshveer deol

Star Member
Jan 17, 2021
Sorry to say but these call center agents are useless , every time they change their statement so they do not know anything, please be postie and hope for best
I know..every agents tells you a different story..but i noticed that people who have dependents in countries other than india have started getting response on their applications

Reactions: gps2089

Sonia Sagwal

Mar 19, 2021
I know..every agents tells you a different story..but i noticed that people who have dependents in countries other than india have started getting response on their applications
i have seen some Indian applicants as well getting response, moreover if they have huge piled that's what they need to manage as its not our mistake that they are accepting new applicants and ignoring old one, waiting over 14 months

Praskash Shrestha

Oct 28, 2018
@legalfalcon
We received an update on the profile yesterday, it looks like an initial letter asking for any changes that needs to be noted. Unfortunately, my wife, who is the principal applicant is here in Nepal visiting for a few months. We had originally applied online and her address is in Canada. Since she is here in Nepal and not in Canada, we suspect that this is going to create complications. We have already informed IRCC twice about her travel. Once before she left Canada and now yesterday after we received the first letter.

First Update:
We are pleased to advise that your application for permanent residence has been approved, and we have issued a confirmation of permanent residence (CoPR) and a permanent resident visa (PRV) counterfoil (if applicable) to you and your identified accompanying dependants. However, in light of current travel restrictions due to COVID-19, you cannot travel to Canada at this time to become a permanent resident. Note that your status as a permanent resident in Canada is not finalized until you have landed in Canada.
Second Update:
Note from the processing office
As the principal applicant, you will be contacted directly by your local IRCC office with regards to your landing process. The below instructions are for your overseas dependent(s) only. All instructions and due dates are to be followed by your dependent(s) only once you (the principal applicant) have become a permanent resident in Canada.
Is the second update is passport request for my spouse?

shahbaz001

Mar 5, 2020
Hi,

Can anybody help me.
How to respond for the portal confirmation email, if primary applicant is inland and dependent is outland?

Thanks,

yasirhashmi15

Sep 19, 2019
Hi,

Can anybody help me.
How to respond for the portal confirmation email, if primary applicant is inland and dependent is outland?

Thanks,
@shahbaz001 Just give them your details and tell them spouse is not in Canada. They will only create profile for you.

You can tell IRCC using a web form and ask for a PPR for your wife.