+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Principal Applicant (Inland) Dependent (Outland) during COVID-19

prigupta

May 20, 2020
Hello guys, has anybody have their spouse entered Canada on spousal work permit recently?
If yes can you advise what documents were required? My spouse is in US and would be travelling from there

I have my CEC application in process AOR; Aug 2020
Everything passed from Jan 21

I tried calling CIC but as usual, they said they don't know when will my application will be processed and not sure about the SOWP travel.
The website says different things on every other page.
Please if anyone can advise here would be really appreciated

Mehroj

Star Member
Mar 6, 2019
Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Med's Done....
Upfront
today we are going to email-storm Mndchno. at 3 EST like 40+ of us will send the pattern letter urging to pay attention to our issue. Join if you wish, can DM you the link to our WA group created for our joint #familyreunification online activities
Please, send the link.

Reactions: iravlad

laricdbuddy

Oct 15, 2018
AOR Sep 2018
Initially approved Oct 1 2019
Called and informed that I would be getting married
Added spouse(outland) Dec 29 2019
Spouse medicals Feb 18 2020
Spouse biometrics Mar 3 2020
PA re-medicals requested and passed Nov 24 2020
Spouse medicals extended May 19 2021

All requirements passed
Ordered over 5 GCMS notes
Call virtually every week
Involved MP since Nov 2020

Still waiting.......it is so tiring.

I have got to have one of the oldest applications still pending

harry0207

Dec 6, 2020
Indian, French, and US governments have been pushing Canadian government regarding loosening border restrictions to fully vaxxed visitors and flight bans. Let's see what happens around 21 July. Also Ontario plans to enter Step 3 on 16 July and fully open on 6 Aug. Let's see whether IRCC will have more excuses or not. But it seems the custom is so not ready with more people traveling (back) to Canada after 5th July. Typical!

skat2111

Jun 20, 2021
Hey, congrats on getting your COPR!!!!!

I have a couple of questions that I would really appreciate if you could answer.

1. In the email, they ask if both applicant and dependents are inside Canada. Since your spouse is outside, how did you reply to this and what was the process?
2. Did your spouse get a PPR to get her passport stamped?
3. Do they issue COPRs separately to you and your spouse? For example, you'll get it while your spouse's COPR will go on hold until she is in Canada?
Hi ,
I haven't received CoPR yet.

1. We stated about her status being inactive in Canada in our reply from our emails separately .
There is a format in which they want you to reply.

2. No they are saying they are going to process visa only after travel restrictions are lifted.

3. Yes, They will issue copr to me but my spouse can only receive copr when she is in Canada.

nurzohra

Star Member
Jul 11, 2016
Hi ,
I haven't received CoPR yet.

1. We stated about her status being inactive in Canada in our reply from our emails separately .
There is a format in which they want you to reply.

2. No they are saying they are going to process visa only after travel restrictions are lifted.

3. Yes, They will issue copr to me but my spouse can only receive copr when she is in Canada.
Your spouse will receive COPR once you get PPR for her and she gets her visa. My Outland spouse has already received his CoPR and visa but I am still waiting for mine.

skat2111

Jun 20, 2021
Your spouse will receive COPR once you get PPR for her and she gets her visa. My Outland spouse has already received his CoPR and visa but I am still waiting for mine.
Is there a process to get PPR for outland applicant. I thought it would happen automatically. May i ask the country of your spouse?

nurzohra

Star Member
Jul 11, 2016
Is there a process to get PPR for outland applicant. I thought it would happen automatically. May i ask the country of your spouse?
Poland. CIC will send you a passport request and you will have to follow the instructions on that letter for your spouse.

iravlad

Star Member
Sep 22, 2019
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
October 2019
AOR Sep 2018
Initially approved Oct 1 2019
Called and informed that I would be getting married
Added spouse(outland) Dec 29 2019
Spouse medicals Feb 18 2020
Spouse biometrics Mar 3 2020
PA re-medicals requested and passed Nov 24 2020
Spouse medicals extended May 19 2021

All requirements passed
Ordered over 5 GCMS notes
Call virtually every week
Involved MP since Nov 2020

Still waiting.......it is so tiring.

I have got to have one of the oldest applications still pending
Hold on. You are not alone here. Your Outland spouse got remedical extension? Kind of luck. For what period extended?

mrugs.jani

Star Member
Jul 13, 2015
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-08-2020
Indian, French, and US governments have been pushing Canadian government regarding loosening border restrictions to fully vaxxed visitors and flight bans. Let's see what happens around 21 July. Also Ontario plans to enter Step 3 on 16 July and fully open on 6 Aug. Let's see whether IRCC will have more excuses or not. But it seems the custom is so not ready with more people traveling (back) to Canada after 5th July. Typical!
Lol they have an excuse - IRCC is working with limited resources and have huge backlog from 2020 due to COVID 19 :)

Reactions: anisha1992