+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Principal Applicant (Inland) Dependent (Outland) during COVID-19

tajindertj

Jul 18, 2016
AOR Received.
22-03-2020
I have been freaking out for a while too now… I just hope we are not being ignored coz of being in 2020
I am MARCH 2020 AOR and security and criminality still not happening for me. They prefer files well within their departmental deadlines. Old files they have to may be redo some sh*t who knows.

tajindertj

Jul 18, 2016
AOR Received.
22-03-2020
Did you do the ATIP?
Yea. Twice. Problem was my wife's biometrics got super delayed because of Covid closures in India. This resulted in departmental delays plus I am from Q1 2020 applicant pool so that added more bad luck. IRCC would rather prefer 2021 applicants over clearing backlogs. Its all numbers game for them.

Whateverman

Jul 1, 2020
Hi Guys: Quick question:

I have my application of CEC in progress and I am wondering if I can submit spousal sponsorship too (My spouse is Canadian Citizen) - has anyone done that? is it possible?

Last edited:

anisha1992

Oct 20, 2020

I have my application of CEC in progress and I am wondering if I can submit spousal sponsorship too - has anyone done that? is it possible?
Are you physically in Canada? If yes, don't sponsor your spouse right now. Get your PR first and then sponsor. If you sponsor now, your application will be put on hold indefinitely. Judging by way things are going on, it could delay your application by several years.

Whateverman

Jul 1, 2020
Are you physically in Canada? If yes, don't sponsor your spouse right now. Get your PR first and then sponsor. If you sponsor now, your application will be put on hold indefinitely. Judging by way things are going on, it could delay your application by several years.
oh no, I mean my spouse is Canadian Citizen and if he sponsors me...

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

I have my application of CEC in progress and I am wondering if I can submit spousal sponsorship too (My spouse is Canadian Citizen) - has anyone done that? is it possible?
Yes, you can do both at the same time.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
yah I am thinking about doing it as I have no idea what the heck is happening to my PR application, been 20 months.
If you've been waiting for CEC for 20 months then I'm not sure there's going to be much value in submitting a spousal sponsorship applications. You're most likely looking at 12+ months for the spousal sponsorship application to be processed. Your CEC application should be long done before that. Having said that, you can certainly submit the second application.

Whateverman

Jul 1, 2020
If you've been waiting for CEC for 20 months then I'm not sure there's going to be much value in submitting a spousal sponsorship applications. You're most likely looking at 12+ months for the spousal sponsorship application to be processed. Your CEC application should be long done before that. Having said that, you can certainly submit the second application.
Eh.. In Jan 2020 I thought that in Oct 2020 my application should have been long done but here I am in July 2021 still waiting. Lol

LOVEDEEPS

Jul 7, 2021
I did medical for my PR application which are expired. So I replied "NO" to ever done medical in last 12 months. So, I never had to upload one and everything was approved smoothly.
HI,
can you please help me to apply for 18 month wp.
I have my express entry file in process and my PGWP is expiring.
I am CEC principal applicant and my dependent is in India.

What to choose for below question:
Are you a spouse, common-law partner or dependent child of a person who:
  • Holds a Work Permit for a job in National Occupation Classification O, A, B;
  • Holds a study permit and is a full-time student at a university, community college, CÉGEP or other authorized educational institution;
  • Holds a Temporary Resident Permit that is valid for six months or more;
  • Applied for Permanent Residence to an office in Canada and was determined to be eligible for Permanent Resident status (first stage approval)
  • Is subject of a removal order that is unenforceable.
YES OR NO

I was confuse bcz of this point
  • Applied for Permanent Residence to an office in Canada and was determined to be eligible for Permanent Resident status (first stage approval)