+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Principal Applicant (Inland) Dependent (Outland) during COVID-19

Harrysingh04

Aug 20, 2020
Just got off from a call with IRCC
AOR 11 March 2021
Still stuck at Criminality and security not started.
File is being processed at RROC Ottawa.
Anyone with a similar situation.
My wife was outland when I applied but she is now in Canada.
Check signature for more.
16 April 2021: Dependent arrived in Canada updated same day via WebForm
29 April 2021: Got a reply about my webform and a GU as well.
28 May 2021: Second Ghost Update
Called IRCC
Eligibility passes,
Criminality in process
Security not started
30 June 2021: called IRCC for a status update
File being processed at RROC Ottawa
Still stuck at Criminality in process
Security not started

Billzm

Jun 29, 2021
Hi @legalfalcon
@caipsnotes
I am in Canada , applied for pr under cec last year in June and my previous medical was expired in may this year and i am asked to do remedical 2 weeks ago before this new public policy for medical exemption. Does this new policy applies to me as well? If yes, then should I send them a webform etc as I only have 30 days to complete my new medical

F@l

Star Member
Nov 26, 2020
If they are willing to process non-eligible TRV applications from past then what on earth will make them hold our spouses from travel. But IRCC does it's illogical things/policies so will hold my cheers until I see some effects on our cases.
Couldn’t agree more

Nick_1919

Jun 30, 2021
Hi guys, I am a principal applicant with an outland dependent. We are both have valid work permits. I am currently inside Canada and I have eCOPR. My spouse (dependent) is outside Canada now. She did not receive eCOPR and did not land yet. She does NOT have a valid visa right now. Here are my questions:
  1. How is the status of my application suppose to change when I received my eCOPR?
  2. What are the next steps for my spouse and what documents she needs to be able to come to Canada?
Any input would be appreciated. Especially if someone can bring more clarity because it seems confusing right now.
@legalfalcon It would BE GREAT to hear a piece of advice from you.

Last edited:
Reactions: mrugs.jani

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi guys, I am a principal applicant with an outland dependent. We are both have valid work permits. I am currently inside Canada and I have eCOPR. My spouse (dependent) is outside Canada now. She did not receive eCOPR and did not land yet. She does NOT have a valid visa right now. Here are my questions:
  1. How is the status of my application suppose to change when I received my eCOPR?
  2. What are the next steps for my spouse and what documents she needs to be able to come to Canada?
Any input would be appreciated. Especially if someone can bring more clarity because it seems confusing right now.

1. As soon as you receive a COPR, you become a PR.

2. Since you are a PR, your spouse is exempt from travel restrictions and can travel to Canada if your spouse has a visa. If not, then you will have to wait until IRCC issues one. Your spouse will need a PR visa and COPR.

mrugs.jani

Star Member
Jul 13, 2015
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-08-2020
COR?

nwachuku

Star Member
May 4, 2020
My case is kinda similar to yours. We got a mail telling us that our PR is almost complete and that the principal applicant will soon get COPR. And that the dependant can submit his passport withing 30 days when the principal applicant got PR. In the mail there where photo specifications and what documents to add when submitting the passport plus a copy of this same mail sent to us. Well we didn't waste time. The next morning June 24 I took my passport straight to my VO and submitted. I assume it's a PPR letter. I pray am right dou
So after you got your CoPR was a different letter sent for your spouse to submit the Passport? In my case, I was the only one that got a CoPR but my wife has been waiting for PPR since March 14th, 2021. Also in my case, the CoPR was never addressed to the dependent so its kinda confusing

nwachuku

Star Member
May 4, 2020
@nwachuku From my knowledge, she can't. She needs a passport submission letter which is PPR. You can call IRCC or use web form to ask for a PPR.
Okay, I have heard about people that submitted their passport with their spouse's CoPR. Just trying to have someone here who has done it before confirm this.

nurzohra

Star Member
Jul 11, 2016
@Yubsco Did your wife got portal email/login or copr yet?

@nurzohra Did you got a portal email/login or copr yet?

My outland spouse got her visa stamped today on her passport. Validity is only less than 6 months for some reason.
No, I haven't received the portal yet. I just received an email yesterday confirming that they have received my webform which I had sent to confirm I am in Canada and that they will forward it to the responsible officer. My spouse's visa is valid for 1 year.
Congratulations, don't worry your spouse should be here within few weeks.

Reactions: Yubsco and shredder