+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Principal Applicant (Inland) Dependent (Outland) during COVID-19

Kamal Kang

Jan 27, 2016
Thank you for confirming, this definitely gives lot of people some hope that they are processing the request of Outland dependants , one last question did you get the COPR email first and then your dependent got the PPR email or both were in parallel, I am trying to understand because IRCC every time I call they say you will receive the COPR first as I am in Canada and then my dependant will get the PPR request due to current travel restrictions , let me know if that makes sense .
In my case, my dependent got his PPR first but it had this highlighted bold note on the top that all steps must be followed within 30 days once the PA lands as a PR in Canada. But I still told my husband to send his passport to NDVO and it got stamped. We weren't expecting it to be honest
Then after 30 days I got a call from officer and received COpR in the account and the next day got a confirmation email saying Congratulations you are now a PR of Canada.

Reactions: Dhivyabharathi

Dhivyabharathi

Star Member
Feb 19, 2018
In my case, my dependent got his PPR first but it had this highlighted bold note on the top that all steps must be followed within 30 days once the PA lands as a PR in Canada. But I still told my husband to send his passport to NDVO and it got stamped. We weren't expecting it to be honest
Then after 30 days I got a call from officer and received COpR in the account and the next day got a confirmation email saying Congratulations you are now a PR of Canada.
hi Kamal, congratulations to you :) did you do anything specific to get your application approved though you have Outland dependent? Was Anything specifically done in terms of webform follow up or MP enquiry? I also have an Outland dependent. This information will be helpful

Kamal Kang

Jan 27, 2016
hi Kamal, congratulations to you :) did you do anything specific to get your application approved though you have Outland dependent? Was Anything specifically done in terms of webform follow up or MP enquiry? I also have an Outland dependent. This information will be helpful
Hi Dhivya,
Honestly, I don't know what worked for me I did raise 6 - 7 web forms since Jan 2020 and also emailed twice to Etobicoke ircc office.
Hope it helps

talgat1101

Star Member
Dec 19, 2019
Hi Dhivya,
Honestly, I don't know what worked for me I did raise 6 - 7 web forms since Jan 2020 and also emailed twice to Etobicoke ircc office.
Hope it helps
Hi Kamal. How did you know that Etobicoke ircc office is processing your application? For example I have received email with file number from Sidney IRCC office. Is that means that Sydney office processing my application?

Kamal Kang

Jan 27, 2016
Hi Kamal. How did you know that Etobicoke ircc office is processing your application? For example I have received email with file number from Sidney IRCC office. Is that means that Sydney office processing my application?
Hi,
My husband’s PPR letters was showing that primary office is Etobicoke.

tajindertj

Jul 18, 2016
AOR Received.
22-03-2020
I ordered GCMS note, AOR Dec 2020, Eligibility, Criminality, Info Sharing - ALl Passed. However, seeing the below notes in GCMS.
Name : Covid 19 Apr Pending OS Dependent
Other Sub Type Description :- COvid 19
Other Reason Description : for application that cannot be finalized because of OVS accompayning family members @legalfalcon Could you please help here
Seems like we are stuck because of Overseas dependents on file . Sigh!

Canada Job aspire

Jun 26, 2020
I ordered GCMS note, AOR Dec 2020, Eligibility, Criminality, Info Sharing - ALl Passed. However, seeing the below notes in GCMS.
Name : Covid 19 Apr Pending OS Dependent
Other Sub Type Description :- COvid 19
Other Reason Description : for application that cannot be finalized because of OVS accompayning family members @legalfalcon Could you please help here
same exact status as mine. All stages passed, but final decision is on hold because of overseas dependents. Lifting travel ban is the only solution for this??

stuartman

May 20, 2021
Hey Scott,

I uploaded the address information document and it says the requested document is uploaded, no more further information :(
Hi Ash, your info has been very helpful! I received the same request on 14th (shown as below):

"
Thank you for your interest in Canada.
We have begun processing your application for permanent residence, and in order to make a decision we require the following information/documents:

 Client Information: Please provide current residential address in order to proceed with your application
"

I called IRCC and was told all pass / just waiting for the final decision. I am CEC with outland dependents as well.
My online portal is still showing in process though.

Reactions: shredder

tajindertj

Jul 18, 2016
AOR Received.
22-03-2020
Hi Ash, your info has been very helpful! I received the same request on 14th (shown as below):

"
Thank you for your interest in Canada.
We have begun processing your application for permanent residence, and in order to make a decision we require the following information/documents:

 Client Information: Please provide current residential address in order to proceed with your application
"

I called IRCC and was told all pass / just waiting for the final decision. I am CEC with outland dependents as well.
My online portal is still showing in process though.
can u share your timeline. thanks