+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Principal Applicant (Inland) Dependent (Outland) during COVID-19

Dugal

Star Member
Apr 23, 2021
Hi,
My timeline is -
Aor March 6th, 2020
PNP CEC, Inland with dependent outland (India)
Everything passed
Security not started
Medical updated in portal on 7th May, 2021 (Medical passed)
Is it a good sign or it’s passed and updated automatically?

Smm1

Star Member
Jan 17, 2020
AOR - Jan 11, 2020
PPR - 13 April 2021
Passport of overseas dependent stamped on April 27, 2021, at NDVO
Inland applicant’s virtual landing - May 14, 2021
The ppr came under ur name or dependent's name & UCI? And did it say " do not send passport until PA has been landed as Permanent Resident"?
I am asking this bcz my dependent got ppr on April 12 under my name and his UCI and it says "do not send passport until PA has been landed as PR". I completed my landing procedure and got COPR on May 4, by the time VACs closed in India & couldn't send passport. I am worried now

Reactions: Nneoma.muna

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon
I just want to confirm, as now I will receive a letter that “I am PR of Canada” is my overseas dependent eligible to travel?
You will get a COPR which will be signed and stamped and effective the date on the COPR, you will have obtained a PR status.

As a PR, your immediate family members will be exempt from travel restrictions and can travel to Canada if they have a visa.

Kamal Kang

Jan 27, 2016
The ppr came under ur name or dependent's name & UCI? And did it say " do not send passport until PA has been landed as Permanent Resident"?
I am asking this bcz my dependent got ppr on April 12 under my name and his UCI and it says "do not send passport until PA has been landed as PR". I completed my landing procedure and got COPR on May 4, by the time VACs closed in India & couldn't send passport. I am worried now
My dependent got PPR under my name with my UCI and With the same highlighted line that do not send passport until PA is PR. But I sent it regardless and NDvO accepted it and stamped it.

Kamal Kang

Jan 27, 2016
You will get a COPR which will be signed and stamped and effective the date on the COPR, you will have obtained a PR status.

As a PR, your immediate family members will be exempt from travel restrictions and can travel to Canada if they have a visa.
Thank you

Dugal

Star Member
Apr 23, 2021
My dependent got PPR under my name with my UCI and With the same highlighted line that do not send passport until PA is PR. But I sent it regardless and NDvO accepted it and stamped it.
Could you please post your time line, and when did your medical get extended or re-passed?

Smm1

Star Member
Jan 17, 2020
Okay thanks , I'll have to wait for the VACs to open in India

Nneoma.muna

Dec 13, 2018
SK
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Nomination.....
Sk
AOR Received.
06-04-2019
Med's Request
10-09-2019
Med's Done....
26-10-2019
Passport Req..
26-04-2021
LANDED..........
30-04-2021
the PPR i received was under my name and my UCI number but i am inland and my spouse is outland so i asked him to submit his passport back home using the letter like it was.

nwachuku

Star Member
May 4, 2020
Hi Guys,

I am new to this group and would really appreciate any advice I can get.

My PR got approved on May 14th, 2021 but I have an outland dependent (spouse). Only my CoPR letter was uploaded to the portal, but they said the local visa office from my outland dependents country (Accra) will send a request for her passport.
  1. Does anyone know how long this will take?
  2. I have seen some thread where the dependents used the PA CoPR letter to submit their passport, does this actually work?

Reactions: Moazali6

Nneoma.muna

Dec 13, 2018
SK
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Nomination.....
Sk
AOR Received.
06-04-2019
Med's Request
10-09-2019
Med's Done....
26-10-2019
Passport Req..
26-04-2021
LANDED..........
30-04-2021
Hi Guys,

I am new to this group and would really appreciate any advice I can get.

My PR got approved on May 14th, 2021 but I have an outland dependent (spouse). Only my CoPR letter was uploaded to the portal, but they said the local visa office from my outland dependents country (Accra) will send a request for her passport.
  1. Does anyone know how long this will take?
  2. I have seen some thread where the dependents used the PA CoPR letter to submit their passport, does this actually work?
Passport request letter is different from COPR letter. check you email and gckey if there is any PDF that talks about submitting passport that is what she needs to submit with.

nwachuku

Star Member
May 4, 2020
Passport request letter is different from COPR letter. check you email and gckey if there is any PDF that talks about submitting passport that is what she needs to submit with.
I did check both my email and the CIC online portal. The only document that was sent was my CoPR and I was asked to submit my photo passport and the letter (CoPR) to the Windsor address to get my PR card.