+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Principal Applicant (Inland) Dependent (Outland) during COVID-19

F@l

Star Member
Nov 26, 2020
Officer decision might be quite surprising though. Fay’s from Zimbabwe case proves the worst scenario. Ircc issued her COPR last October or November (don’t quite remember the date) and closed the file then. Completely. Her dependent which was in her application from the very beginning was just thrown away, although he passed his bio, meds, paid RPRF when ircc sent a request. Fay called ircc, sent web forms and they confirmed that her case was closed and advised her to bring her dependent through spousal sponsorship program!! Nobody cared that he was an integral part of her CEC application. Last time we had talk she said that court hearings were set for March. Not aware what the current point is, but still she had to face a situation that hardly would none of us want to become a part of. Thus, thinking about possible issuing copr to primary applicant while dependents can wait the travel ban to be lifted, everybody should take into account that the outcome can be rather unpredictable and hurt even more than current waiting in limbo
This is so true, thank you for sharing

Reactions: iravlad

F@l

Star Member
Nov 26, 2020
Update****
Got GCMS notes today
File approved on Feb 3, 2021
Can see COPR number on GCMS with T603####, no updates on cic account
AOR: Feb 2020
CEC inland with dependent outside
VO - Vancouver Immigration

Question: Any one have email id for Vancouver immigration?
Congrats , hopefully some of us in this group will get our COPR soon

Reactions: shredder

F@l

Star Member
Nov 26, 2020
Congrats!! But i have my small kids in india and not planning to bring them here any soon as they are just 1+ yr old.. In my case what can be the best solution?
You can add them to your work visa as well. I know a friend who applied for a PGWP and included her daughter and they both got it, but that was 3 years ago. You can still apply for it they will get it

guidebortoli

Star Member
Aug 24, 2019
Update****
Got GCMS notes today

Hi,

First of all congratulations!! This is really big news!
May I ask you for more information regarding your process?

You've said you have a dependant outland. Your dependant were the whole process outland? Or she/he was inland by the time you filed the process and the she/he moved outland??

This is an extremely important info for the majority of us in the same situation (inland with outland dependants)...
I've seen some applicants with inland and dependant outland, but the outland was processed inland at the time and just later moved outside the country...
As well as applications where the PA was inland with a dependant outland, and only after getting the outland dependant do Canada, they finalized the process issuing them the CoPR...

Thanks!!!

Reactions: Quesask1

A1495

Nov 18, 2019
Hi,

First of all congratulations!! This is really big news!
May I ask you for more information regarding your process?

You've said you have a dependant outland. Your dependant were the whole process outland? Or she/he was inland by the time you filed the process and the she/he moved outland??

This is an extremely important info for the majority of us in the same situation (inland with outland dependants)...
I've seen some applicants with inland and dependant outland, but the outland was processed inland at the time and just later moved outside the country...
As well as applications where the PA was inland with a dependant outland, and only after getting the outland dependant do Canada, they finalized the process issuing them the CoPR...

Thanks!!!
Dependent was never been to canada. This is her first application for Canadian immigration as PR with me.

Quesask1

Star Member
Nov 20, 2018
Update****
Got GCMS notes today

Congratulations

Reactions: Rinju jose

Quesask1

Star Member
Nov 20, 2018
Apply for SOWP and a travel authorization folks, that's the only way you can bring your spouse into the country. My spouse just arrived and we got an email from cic on Friday for our CoPR address confirmation.

We should be getting our CoPR soon
Wow great news

Ankitbeladiya

Dec 21, 2020
Update****
Got GCMS notes today

Did your spouse got Passport request?

Reactions: iravlad and Yubsco

Yubsco

Star Member
Dec 12, 2020
Lagos Nigeria
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
NOC B
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
20-04-2020
AOR Received.
21-05-2020
Apply for SOWP and a travel authorization folks, that's the only way you can bring your spouse into the country. My spouse just arrived and we got an email from cic on Friday for our CoPR address confirmation.

Am also looking at this option but again am still trying to consider PR process now that it's over 10months waiting. Please how long did it take for your spouse to get SOPW. Thanks

Reactions: F@l

F@l

Star Member
Nov 26, 2020
Am also looking at this option but again am still trying to consider PR process now that it's over 10months waiting. Please how long did it take for your spouse to get SOPW. Thanks
I am going to apply for mine next week, and I will include my spouse in the application for sure but that’s another $510 we have to spend on top of the PR fees that we already paid, then $200 for TRV and apply for an authorization letter. This is just madness to its finest level.
I wonder how this IRCC people are just okay with this.

Reactions: Yubsco

abhishek93

Star Member
May 5, 2017
I am going to apply for mine next week, and I will include my spouse in the application for sure but that’s another $510 we have to spend on top of the PR fees that we already paid, then $200 for TRV and apply for an authorization letter. This is just madness to its finest level.
I wonder how this IRCC people are just okay with this.
Completely agree with you! We are shelling out our $510 this week for the BOWP and SOWP combo.

shredder

Star Member
Jun 14, 2019
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
11-09-2020
LANDED..........
27-04-2022

Sorry if my question is dumb, but isn't SOWP applicable only for the cases when our dependent applicant is physically present in Canada? At least that's what I found when I was doing my research for my wife's BOWP. She is the main applicant (inland) in our application.

bagyinak

Feb 10, 2021

Hello Toks, did you indicate in your SOWP application you are having a PR application pending? Also, how long did it take for them to process it?