+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Principal Applicant (Inland) Dependent (Outland) during COVID-19

guidebortoli

Star Member
Aug 24, 2019
Thanks for your help. Do I also need to do PCC and medical for her while submitting my application?
No, She'll not be in your application....
I believe the only documents you're going to need from her is maybe the Marriage Certificate of you two and her PR Card (but not sure).

kamran.shekh

Star Member
Mar 13, 2016
And here we are waiting desperately for our PR to be approved and these people keep extending the travel restrictions. I don’t even know how to feel anymore, just numb
https://www.cicnews.com/2021/02/canada-extends-travel-restrictions-one-month-for-u-s-travellers-two-months-for-everyone-else-0217185.html#gs.tshodf
I found this line in the link. I don't know who is included in this category:
"Who is exempt from travel restrictions?
- certain people who have been approved for Canadian permanent residence".

F@l

Star Member
Nov 26, 2020
I found this line in the link. I don't know who is included in this category:
"Who is exempt from travel restrictions?
- certain people who have been approved for Canadian permanent residence".
Those that got approved before March 18, 2020, Immediate family members of Canadians and PR holders. The rest of us need to have our dependents apply for visitor or spousal work visa and their stupid authorization letter from IRCC and God knows who is approving those coz they’re just wasting our time and money. Beyond frustrated

jasmin22

Nov 22, 2016
Hi everyone..
my AOR: 29th February, 2020
Eligibility: Passed
Criminality: passed for outland dependent, in progress for primary applicant
Security: not started

No1 has worked on my file since August, 2020 and my officer is JS13765

I never got call for biometrics and I gave them when they re-opened biometrics with appointment system on 30th November.

Also I am not in any covid group because my Criminality is not passed yet..

Anyone in the same situation, specifically with visa officer JS13765?
I think I am in a similar situation. I gave my biometrics on 1 Dec 2020 when the online Service Canada system opened. However, my husband gave his biometrics in Nepal on 1 Feb 2021 bcoz in India biometrics were not opened.

How do you know your criminality is pending and your spouse's is done?

F@l

Star Member
Nov 26, 2020
Got COPR today
CEC Inland with ouland dependent!!
AOR 29 May 2020
Copr: Feb 18 2021
No interview call
VO: Ottawa
Biometrics done: 21 Oct 2020
Background check completed 11 feb 2021
Med passed: 20 July 2020
Spouse COR: India

Spouse came to canada on visitor Visa on 16 Nov 2020
He already had visitor visa from before !!
Congratulations

shomaro

Jan 6, 2020
Got COPR today
CEC Inland with ouland dependent!!
AOR 29 May 2020
Copr: Feb 18 2021
No interview call
VO: Ottawa
Biometrics done: 21 Oct 2020
Background check completed 11 feb 2021
Med passed: 20 July 2020
Spouse COR: India

Spouse came to canada on visitor Visa on 16 Nov 2020
He already had visitor visa from before !!
Is your spouse currently in Canada? If you informed IRCC that he's in Canada since November then he's not outland dependent anymore.

kamran.shekh

Star Member
Mar 13, 2016
Congrats. However in your case spouse is not outland. Unfortunately, we cannot keep our hope up based on your case. happy for you though!

Reactions: F@l

emily24

Star Member
Oct 15, 2020
This doesn't make sense at all that Canada is allowing spouse to come on a visitor visa but not as a PR even though the primary applicant is in Canada already.
It is so unfair. We also have immediate family out there and have right to fulfill family unification.

NL75

Star Member
Jul 25, 2020
That's correct. A lot of folks have been waiting to give biometrics in India. I've also seen folks going to Dubai to just give biometrics (IMAGINE!). I am not saying that you should go but people are doing it out of desperation!
Thanks! is it possible to request VFS India to allow to accept our Biometrics. They are opened since November but still only allowing limited types of applications..

Reactions: kamran.shekh