+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Principal Applicant (Inland) Dependent (Outland) during COVID-19

Shivaprasad94

Star Member
May 22, 2020
Paper Based PR Application:
-----------------------
Inland Principal Applicant+ Outland Dependents.

Applied in November 2018 but entire application was returned for missing signature with blue or black pen on schedule A. Than resend the entire package again.

AR: March 22, 2019.
AOR: May 7, 2019.
MR: Sep 8,2019.
MP: October 3,2019.
ADR: October 24, 2019.
ADR Submitted: October 27, 2019.
PAL: November 1, 2019.
Decision Made on ECAS: September 2, 2020.
Changed to in Process on ECAS: September 12, 2020.
Medical Extended: September 23, 2020.
Decision Made on ECAS: September 23, 2020.
Changed to in Process on ECAS: September 24, 2020.

1- Called IRRC call center several time and They said: Everything is done and only final decision is pending.
2- Been told by IRRC call center agent not to call again.
3- Asked local MP to call them. The MP office got same answer "Everything looks good and WAIT"
4- GCMS notes shows twice our COPRs been cancelled.
5- One note in GCMS notes says " Cannot land this time for spouse and dependents overseas"

My Current position:
1. I am frustrated.
2. I am in anxiety.
3. I am hopeless.
4. I see no hope since been expecting to see my family in March 2020.
5. I am depressed.
6. I am turning SUICIDAL.NO BODY CARES! I AM TIRED

My younger daughter she was three years old when I came in CANADA (in 2016). The reason for coming to this great country was to bring my daughters in the society where they would get competitive and level playing field environment as a female member of the society. Now my younger daughter is six years old. I am tired of the virtual chats through Whats-app with the family. I am clueless and have no answers of their questions. I have no extended family in Canada. I am exhausted and sometimes think to finish once for all.
This post moved me to the CORE, WHO EVER IT IS JUST WANT TO SAY, BE STRONG- THINKS WILL IMPROVE.
GOD BLESS

Reactions: iravlad

jasmin22

Nov 22, 2016
Jasmin

Have you finished your biometrics appointment? any idea on next steps? I believe u have a dependent in India.

We are on same boat, please keep me updated.
Yes, I have my biometrics on Dec 1 and they were updated to my cic account the same day. Now, I am waiting for my husband in India to give biometrics. I don't know when will biometric collection open in India for a dependent spouse on a Express entry application. If they don't open by Dec 15, I will have my husband to submit them in Dubai.

Reactions: Shivaprasad94

emmalyng

Star Member
May 3, 2020
I am in the same boat - I have 10 year old dependent in the Philippines, what is the cause of the delay? Is it because the VAC is still closed? The VAC in the PH is now open I am not sure if that will help issuing the COPR. We have to think another way for them to travel in Canada, that's the only way for now to get the COPR for our dependents.

I am thinking maybe we can have two dual intent if we will apply for temporary permits (OWP/Student Permit). Do you think that would work? or you will only get rejected? I am thinking to try that, anyone here have had successful SP/OWP approval with PR application being processed?

emmalyng

Star Member
May 3, 2020
For me, my dependent does not have a Canada Visit Visa.
You're correct, inland applicants who have outland dependents can invite their dependents to apply for a Visit visa and come to Canada under the family re-unification clause BUT at the same time, news from everyone from a few weeks ago to a few months ago indicates that IRCC is not doing landing for inland applications because they have outland dependents who are ineligible to travel... it is conflicting information..

I suggest everyone in this situation to apply for their dependent's visa, maybe when the dependent is in Canada, IRCC will do the landing. This is what I am doing.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors/visa.html#existing
Did you apply for temporary visa for your dependents? Any updates?

kunal10208

Aug 17, 2019
Yes, I have my biometrics on Dec 1 and they were updated to my cic account the same day. Now, I am waiting for my husband in India to give biometrics. I don't know when will biometric collection open in India for a dependent spouse on a Express entry application. If they don't open by Dec 15, I will have my husband to submit them in Dubai.
Are they processing applications with this situation (PA in Canada, spouse in India),when the application is complete? My application is untouched since June with same status and last comment found in my GCMS notes is spouse is in India. Is there any way to ask IRCC to process the application from India specially when there is no dependency on biometrics

Shansky07

Oct 3, 2020
I am in the same boat - I have 10 year old dependent in the Philippines, what is the cause of the delay? Is it because the VAC is still closed? The VAC in the PH is now open I am not sure if that will help issuing the COPR. We have to think another way for them to travel in Canada, that's the only way for now to get the COPR for our dependents.

I am thinking maybe we can have two dual intent if we will apply for temporary permits (OWP/Student Permit). Do you think that would work? or you will only get rejected? I am thinking to try that, anyone here have had successful SP/OWP approval with PR application being processed?
We're on the same boat. My PR was approved last May 2020 I am inside Canada but my dependent outside Canada and up to this day we did not receive passport request or COPR for my husband

jasmin22

Nov 22, 2016
Are they processing applications with this situation (PA in Canada, spouse in India),when the application is complete? My application is untouched since June with same status and last comment found in my GCMS notes is spouse is in India. Is there any way to ask IRCC to process the application from India specially when there is no dependency on biometrics
I am not sure. With my cases, everything has passed except criminality which is based on biometrics. For cases that are complete, I have seen that in many cases they are not finalizing the apps i.e. not issuing COPR to both or the spouse who is outland. But there was 1-2 cases in which they did.

Reactions: Shivaprasad94

efie

Dec 3, 2020
canada
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Sometimes I think people should be patient enough and wait on IRCC for them to make their decision. I know it comes with stress and pressure when waiting on IRCC's decision but if you compare others story to your own, you realize your own case is 10 times better than someone so why cry? Everybody wants to come to Canada but it must go through the normal process and procedure.

I will use this platform to share my little story with everyone. More than 10 years ago and in my home country, I was refused visa 4 times when I wanted to come to Canada and one thing about me which I don't know how to is to give up. I don't know how to give up in life because "Quitters don't win, and winners don't quit".
On my 5th application, luckily I was given 4years visa to come to Canada. So you see, Patience is good and let time take its full course... Canada is good
I have been in Canada for 10 years now and yet without PR and I am still not disturbed although I've seen people who came to meet me in Canada and are now citizens. Am I worried, Yes but you see in life, the path for Mr/Mrs A may not be the same path for Mr/Mrs B etc....

After my degree in one province in western Canada , I relocated to Ontario thinking that there would be jobs for me and thinking it will blossom alongside me getting my PR and that it would be easy for me but it didn't work out as planned. I must say I've gone for job interviews in canada more than everyone.I could go for more than 250+ job interviews due to the competition. I had some but they were not skilled jobs as the immigration policies in the province required so I relocated to the Atlantic region and went to Prince Edwards Island precisely. I had to pay $2500 to a lawyer to help me but it didn't work out as well. Not anybody's fault but it wasn't the right timing.

I got a job in Prince Edwards Island but the employer was from a different province so PEI PNP denied me as they wanted the employer to come from PEI and as part of the requirement so they said no.....Because of that and since I was working for an employer in Atlantic Canada , I applied for PNP in that province also and after the assessment, they also denied me saying the experience was not enough to qualify me. I then relocated back to another province because my PG WORK permit was expiring. Must I blame anybody, No. I believe it's still not my time yet.

Then I reapplied to go to university again, got another study permit and applied also under H&C for permanent residence since all hope was gone and a friend lawyer told me they won't give me the PR through H&C because my reasons are not that strong...

All these while, I sought the help of MLAS in about 5 provinces and some high key persons and members when I found their emails online and still it didn't happen and am I not bothered? I am but I believe in timing.

Finally, I had to leave school again when I got a full time permanent job in western Canada and relocated again which is LMIA exempt and with my study permit I sought the help of an immigration lawyer who helped me filed for the work permit application(since my PGWP has already expired) on my study permit which will expire in the years to come. Moreover, I applied for PNP in one province where I currently work and I received an invitation to apply. I did apply and still waiting but am I troubled? "YES" and "NO" because I've spent lots of money and moving from end to end of the country with no answer and had to work, drive in 9 provinces now out of the 13(which is one of best experiences ever) and "NO" because it was not the right time for me.

So for 10 years without PR here in this great nation should I let it worry me? The answer will be relative and concerning IRCC you should see the number of applications they have to go through to approve for someone so we got to be patient, wait and don't be troubled.

So with this my little story, I just want to encourage you to take heart because the right time will always come....IRCC is doing everything in their power to help so let them have their time to work and in due time, you will surely hear from them. If the answer turns out to be positive or negative, still don't give up or be stressed. Reach out to them again and with time they will make way for you.

Thank you

Last edited:

ForUs2020

Jun 22, 2020
Vancouver
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
May 16 2020
Sometimes I think people should be patient enough and wait on IRCC for them to make their decision. I know it comes with stress and pressure when waiting on IRCC's decision but if you compare others story to your own, you realize your own case is 10 times better than someone so why cry? Everybody wants to come to Canada but it must go through the normal process and procedure.

I will use this platform to share my little story with everyone. More than 10 years ago and in my home country, I was refused visa 4 times when I wanted to come to Canada and one thing about me which I don't know how to is to give up. I don't know how to give up in life because "Quitters don't win, and winners don't quit".
On my 5th application, luckily I was given 4years visa to come to Canada. So you see, Patience is good and let time take its full course... Canada is good
I have been in Canada for 10 years now and yet without PR and I am still not disturbed although I've seen people who came to meet me in Canada and are now citizens. Am I worried, Yes but you see in life, the path for Mr/Mrs A may not be the same path for Mr/Mrs B etc....

After my degree in one province in western Canada , I relocated to Ontario thinking that there would be jobs for me and it will blossom alongside my PR and that it would be easy for me but it didn't work out because I could go for more than 250+ job interviews due to the competition. I had some but they were not skilled jobs as the immigration policies in the province required so I relocated to the Atlantic region and went to Prince Edwards Island precisely. I had paid $2500 to a lawyer to help me but I didn't work out as well. Not anybody's fault but it wasn't the right timing.

I got a job at PEI but the employer was from a different province so PEI PNP denied me as they wanted the employer to come from PEI and as part of the requirement so they said no.....Because of that and since I was working for an employer in Atlantic Canada , I applied for PNP in that province also and after the assessment, they also denied me saying the experience was not enough to qualify me. I then relocated back to another province because my PG WORK permit was expiring. Must I blame anybody, No. I believe it's still not my time yet.

Then I reapplied to go to university again, got another study permit and applied also under H&C for permanent residence since all hope was gone and a friend lawyer told me they won't give me the PR through H&C because my reasons are not that strong...

All these while, I sought the help of MLAS in about 5 provinces and some high key persons and members when I found their emails online and still it didn't happen and am I not bothered? I am but I believe in timing.

Finally, I had to leave school again when I got a full time permanent job in western Canada which is LMIA exempt and with my study permit I sought the help of an immigration lawyer who helped me filed for the work permit application(since my PGWP has already expired) on my study permit which will expire in the years to come. I finally applied for PNP in one province where I currently work and I received an invitation to apply. I did apply and still waiting but am I troubled? Yes and no because I've spent lots of money and moving from end to end with no answer and no because it was not the right time for me.

So for 10 years without PR here in this great nation should I let it worry me? The answer will be relative and concerning IRCC you should see the number of applications they have to go through to approve for someone so we got to be patient, wait and don't be troubled.

So with this my little story, I just want to encourage you to take heart because the right time will always come....IRCC is doing everything in their power to help so let them have their time to work and in due time, you will surely hear from them. If the answer turns out to be positive or negative, still don't give up or be stressed. Reach out to them again and with time they will make way for you.

Thank you
That's very powerful and motivating. Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: efie

Shivaprasad94

Star Member
May 22, 2020

After my degree in one province in western Canada , I relocated to Ontario thinking that there would be jobs for me and it will blossom alongside my PR and that it would be easy for me but it didn't work out because I could go for more than 250+ job interviews due to the competition. I had some but they were not skilled jobs as the immigration policies in the province required so I relocated to the Atlantic region and went to Prince Edwards Island precisely. I had paid $2500 to a lawyer to help me but I didn't work out as well. Not anybody's fault but it wasn't the right timing.

I got a job at PEI but the employer was from a different province so PEI PNP denied me as they wanted the employer to come from PEI and as part of the requirement so they said no.....Because of that and since I was working for an employer in Atlantic Canada , I applied for PNP in that province also and after the assessment, they also denied me saying the experience was not enough to qualify me. I then relocated back to another province because my PG WORK permit was expiring. Must I blame anybody, No. I believe it's still not my time yet.

Finally, I had to leave school again when I got a full time permanent job in western Canada which is LMIA exempt and with my study permit I sought the help of an immigration lawyer who helped me filed for the work permit application(since my PGWP has already expired) on my study permit which will expire in the years to come. I finally applied for PNP in one province where I currently work and I received an invitation to apply. I did apply and still waiting but am I troubled? Yes and no because I've spent lots of money and moving from end to end with no answer and no because it was not the right time for me.

Thank you
Your story will be an Inspiration to many, Thanks for taking time to Pen down.

Reactions: efie

swapanathorat

Apr 5, 2019
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
9 Oct 2020
Med's Request
07-09-2021
Med's Done....
20-0-1981
Main Applicant is CEC inland, dependents in India. Biometric is already done for all and updated in application. Aor oct 9. Med and BIL on 24 Nov.. Any one in similar situation.