+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Principal Applicant (Inland) Dependent (Outland) during COVID-19

nkaspvk62

Nov 13, 2019
Hello All,
Does anyone's medical got extended recently( both PA and spouse) ?
Someone like our case received ppr recently

sara666

Star Member
Jan 30, 2020
Hello All,
Does anyone's medical got extended recently( both PA and spouse) ?
Someone like our case received ppr recently
My medicals got extended on Nov 23, 2020.
Old value: December 20, 2019. You passed medical exam.
New value: You do not need medical exam. We will let you know if this changes.

nkaspvk62

Nov 13, 2019
My medicals got extended on Nov 23, 2020.
Old value: December 20, 2019. You passed medical exam.
New value: You do not need medical exam. We will let you know if this changes.
Hi Sara,
If it was extended, it shows “you passed medicals on Nov 23” in gc key.” Is it showing like that?

sara666

Star Member
Jan 30, 2020
Hi Sara,
If it was extended, it shows “you passed medicals on Nov 23” in gc key.” Is it showing like that?
Yes, I agree. I don't know why it's displaying like this. When I check with IRCC, they said like my medicals got extended.

Last edited:

Diane Matthie

Feb 28, 2019
Inland
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
12-06-2019
AOR Received.
12-06-2019
LANDED..........
18-09-2021
Thanks so much for explaining. This last bit you quoted is deeply concerning. I cannot believe they don't care about the mental toll this takes on people whose loved ones are far away. Deadlock indeed.

Well, I have emailed IRCC to apprise them of the fact that my dependents are outside. I will come back here and update you all on whether they decided to cancel my COPR (lol) or if they provide instructions for a separate PPR process for them in their country of residence. Let's hope my case signals some much-needed changes that IRCC is hopefully about to implement and bring relief for everyone whose application has been stuck so far because of this ghastly situation.
Hi, just wondering if you got a response from CIC

tajindertj

Jul 18, 2016
AOR Received.
22-03-2020
Why not take this to IRCC and Marco Mendicino on TWITTER. Let them know we know and we are frustrated. Put some pressure on. Been doing this for 3-4 days. want more support.

Shireenmag

Sep 17, 2019
Yeah we have been tweeting to IRCC, SC and others using #waitnomore #processinlandprs
I recommend everyone to use these hashtags and tag Mendicino and others to get their attention in highlighting our plight

duster

Aug 13, 2011
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CIC Sydney Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Yes
Doc's Request.
March 22/2019
AOR Received.
May 8/ 2019
Med's Request
Sep 10/2019
Med's Done....
Sep 24/2019
Paper Based PR Application:
-----------------------
Inland Principal Applicant+ Outland Dependents.

Applied in November 2018 but entire application was returned for missing signature with blue or black pen on schedule A. Than resend the entire package again.

AR: March 22, 2019.
AOR: May 7, 2019.
MR: Sep 8,2019.
MP: October 3,2019.
ADR: October 24, 2019.
ADR Submitted: October 27, 2019.
PAL: November 1, 2019.
Decision Made on ECAS: September 2, 2020.
Changed to in Process on ECAS: September 12, 2020.
Medical Extended: September 23, 2020.
Decision Made on ECAS: September 23, 2020.
Changed to in Process on ECAS: September 24, 2020.

1- Called IRRC call center several time and They said: Everything is done and only final decision is pending.
2- Been told by IRRC call center agent not to call again.
3- Asked local MP to call them. The MP office got same answer "Everything looks good and WAIT"
4- GCMS notes shows twice our COPRs been cancelled.
5- One note in GCMS notes says " Cannot land this time for spouse and dependents overseas"

My Current position:
1. I am frustrated.
2. I am in anxiety.
3. I am hopeless.
4. I see no hope since been expecting to see my family in March 2020.
5. I am depressed.
6. I am turning SUICIDAL.NO BODY CARES! I AM TIRED

My younger daughter she was three years old when I came in CANADA (in 2016). The reason for coming to this great country was to bring my daughters in the society where they would get competitive and level playing field environment as a female member of the society. Now my younger daughter is six years old. I am tired of the virtual chats through Whats-app with the family. I am clueless and have no answers of their questions. I have no extended family in Canada. I am exhausted and sometimes think to finish once for all.

jasmin22

Nov 22, 2016
Why not take this to IRCC and Marco Mendicino on TWITTER. Let them know we know and we are frustrated. Put some pressure on. Been doing this for 3-4 days. want more support.
I have been doing that from so long. They dont bother to apply.

Banana woman

Dec 10, 2019
-----------------------

Applied in November 2018 but entire application was returned for missing signature with blue or black pen on schedule A. Than resend the entire package again.

1- Called IRRC call center several time and They said: Everything is done and only final decision is pending.
3- Asked local MP to call them. The MP office got same answer "Everything looks good and WAIT"
5- One note in GCMS notes says " Cannot land this time for spouse and dependents overseas"

My Current position:
1. I am frustrated.
2. I am in anxiety.
3. I am hopeless.
5. I am depressed.

My younger daughter she was three years old when I came in CANADA (in 2016). The reason for coming to this great country was to bring my daughters in the society where they would get competitive and level playing field environment as a female member of the society. Now my younger daughter is six years old. I am tired of the virtual chats through Whats-app with the family. I am clueless and have no answers of their questions. I have no extended family in Canada. I am exhausted and sometimes think to finish once for all.
I’m in a similar situation, left my daughter when she was almost 2 in 2016 and I haven’t been able to bring her since then

F@l

Star Member
Nov 26, 2020
Hi Everyone,

Thank you for sharing your experiences. I just found this forum today and I am pretty much in the same boat as most people here.
I am the principal applicant (In Canada) and my dependent spouse is not.

*Created EE profile: March 03, 2020
*Received ITA: April 16, 2020 (CEC)
*Submitted the Application & got AOR: June 13, 2020
*Upfront Medical done May 28, 2020 and Submitted to IRCC June 15, 2020
*BIL received: July 31, 2020
*Biometrics exemption: Update on my profile to Completed October 18, 2020

November 25, 2020 received an notification update and checked my profile, the medical exams status changed from "we are reviewing your medical exam, we will send you a message if this changes" to " we have requested a medical exam, check your message below for details"

I called IRCC yesterday and couldn't get a hold of anyone in that Call Centre of theirs. So I used the regular contact "Webform" with an explanation that I already did my medical and attached both information sheets again (mine and my spouse, he did his back home)

Today I got a call from an IRCC Officer who nicely told me that they did not link my UMI number to my Application, and because I used the Webform, this should be updated within 24-48 hours.

I then went and ask her if they are now processing application for inland applicants with outland dependents, and here is her response: "I cannot confirm the exact date, but one thing for sure is that everything on your application looks good and the medical exam is usually the last step, once that is updated, you will receive your COPR, confirm your landing, then your spouse will be able to confirm his as well"

So hopefully, there is a positive response afterwards, because this wait is excruciating.

Walle_007

Aug 8, 2019
We initially a petition 2 weeks ago and git 51 signatures from over 50 applicants and submitted to IMMIGRATION minister. We need more active protests...may be hire a lawyer and take ircc to court.

iravlad

Star Member
Sep 22, 2019
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
October 2019
-----------------------

My Current position:
1. I am frustrated.
2. I am in anxiety.
3. I am hopeless.
5. I am depressed.

Please, hold on. You are not alone. Our family has also been separated since August 2016. Me with kids in our COR and husband in Canada. More than 4 years of mental tortures indeed and I do understand your desperation (and I do hate whatapp video calls as well). But still, stay strong, soon it all will fix out and your daughters and wife will be with you. its a matter of several months.

Kpzbenju

Star Member
Oct 23, 2018
Dnt st
-----------------------

My Current position:
1. I am frustrated.
2. I am in anxiety.
3. I am hopeless.
5. I am depressed.

dnt stress urself .. am going through the same situation.. everything will be ok...we ddnt recieve call for biometrics yet...