Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-08-2020
Did

did previously CIC request information from you - whether your dependents are inside or outside Canada? Was it mentioned from the beggining in your application that their country of residence is not Canada? And how did you know that eCOPR is for all of you? Sorry for so many questions
CIC never sent me that standard email which they send many people asking whether everyone is inside Canada or not. So I did not get a chance to tell them. From what I remember, there is no place to write place of current residence for dependents in the application itself. However, I did specifically write in my LoE at the time of application that my dependents are not over here. As for COPR, every person in the application gets their own COPR number. They are each mentioned in my profile by name, passport number, copr number.

Reactions: iravlad

iravlad

Star Member
Sep 22, 2019
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
October 2019
CIC never sent me that standard email which they send many people asking whether everyone is inside Canada or not. So I did not get a chance to tell them. From what I remember, there is no place to write place of current residence for dependents in the application itself. However, I did specifically write in my LoE at the time of application that my dependents are not over here. As for COPR, every person in the application gets their own COPR number. They are each mentioned in my profile by name, passport number, copr number.
So, no need to worry then, I guess. I think they have verified all before sending COPRs and aware that your family outside. Let’s hope for the best for all of us. Good news started with your family COPRs, heartiest congratulations. By the way what is your VO

Reactions: LP_CANADA and mknox

ss2663

Nov 9, 2020
Thank you for answering. I just got the e-COPR in my mycic account for all of us. I think, however, that they are not sure if my dependents are inside or not as they have asked me to submit photos inside Canada. I have emailed them to ask. I am now unable to feel fully happy about the copr because I am worried they might cancel it now that I informed them that my dependents are not here.
Congratulations Dear !!! Would you mind telling which location you are in ?

abhishek_p81

Oct 26, 2018
Congrats, its good that you got COPR for all. Once you get PR card just travel back home and bring your family on PR card;)

Reactions: mknox and iravlad

shomaro

Jan 6, 2020
Thank you for answering. I just got the e-COPR in my mycic account for all of us. I think, however, that they are not sure if my dependents are inside or not as they have asked me to submit photos inside Canada. I have emailed them to ask. I am now unable to feel fully happy about the copr because I am worried they might cancel it now that I informed them that my dependents are not here.
First, congratulations for receiving COPR. I can understand your worries but at least IRCC is removing that deadlock for the cases that PA in Canada while at least one dependent is outside Canada.

I used "deadlock" because previously both CICNEWS and some applicants on this forum posted the reply from IRCC that they will put the case on hold before finalizing it if not all the dependents are in Canada. On the other hand, the travel restriction exemption rules are not applied to the ones outside Canada even if they have a CoPR and are intending to come to Canada for permanent residency (unless the CoPR is issued before Mar 18, or applied under family sponsorship, or in the US), which means it is not possible for the whole case to be finalized including the PA in Canada:

"You won’t be allowed to enter Canada right now if you’re coming to validate your COPR and become a permanent resident, unless you are exempt from the travel restrictions. " (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/immigration-applicants.html#approved)

bartemiousdjini

Apr 15, 2019
My understanding is that if your dependents are outland and need a visa to enter Canada, then, you have to land first, then your dependents submit their passports for visas, then they travel to Canada for landing.

Reactions: mknox

mknox

Aug 18, 2020
Edmonton
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-08-2020
Congratulations Dear !!! Would you mind telling which location you are in ?
Thank you. I live in Edmonton (Alberta). I was asked to send photos to IRCC Edmonton. But the offices that processed my application are different (in signature).

sk12188

Nov 20, 2020
AOR: Oct 8
Medicals passed and BIL: Nov 20

Even though my wife is outland. My canada address is mentioned for both of us in BIL letters.
Is it the same case for everyone?

Buik84

Star Member
Nov 1, 2020
BC
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
13-05-2020
AOR Received.
23-08-2020
Med's Done....
01-10-2020
AOR: Oct 8
Medicals passed and BIL: Nov 20

Even though my wife is outland. My canada address is mentioned for both of us in BIL letters.
Is it the same case for everyone?
Yes same here, both of us with my canadian address in the letters

mknox

Aug 18, 2020
Edmonton
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-08-2020
First, congratulations for receiving COPR. I can understand your worries but at least IRCC is removing that deadlock for the cases that PA in Canada while at least one dependent is outside Canada.

I used "deadlock" because previously both CICNEWS and some applicants on this forum posted the reply from IRCC that they will put the case on hold before finalizing it if not all the dependents are in Canada. On the other hand, the travel restriction exemption rules are not applied to the ones outside Canada even if they have a CoPR and are intending to come to Canada for permanent residency (unless the CoPR is issued before Mar 18, or applied under family sponsorship, or in the US), which means it is not possible for the whole case to be finalized including the PA in Canada:

"You won’t be allowed to enter Canada right now if you’re coming to validate your COPR and become a permanent resident, unless you are exempt from the travel restrictions. " (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/immigration-applicants.html#approved)
Thanks so much for explaining. This last bit you quoted is deeply concerning. I cannot believe they don't care about the mental toll this takes on people whose loved ones are far away. Deadlock indeed.

Well, I have emailed IRCC to apprise them of the fact that my dependents are outside. I will come back here and update you all on whether they decided to cancel my COPR (lol) or if they provide instructions for a separate PPR process for them in their country of residence. Let's hope my case signals some much-needed changes that IRCC is hopefully about to implement and bring relief for everyone whose application has been stuck so far because of this ghastly situation.

Last edited:

shomaro

Jan 6, 2020
Thanks so much for explaining. This last bit you quoted is deeply concerning. I cannot believe they don't care about the mental toll this takes on people whose loved ones are far away. Deadlock indeed.

Well, I have emailed IRCC to apprise them of the fact that my dependents are outside. I will come back here and update you all on whether they decided to cancel my COPR (lol) or if they provide instructions for a separate PPR process for them in their country of residence. Let's hope my case signals some much-needed changes that IRCC is hopefully about to implement and bring relief for everyone whose application has been stuck so far because of this ghastly situation.
Thanks a lot! Please inform us how IRCC replies. I hope they are finalizing the cases as PA is in Canada (while dependents are in or out Canada) so that everyone could obtain PR status and travel to Canada (possibly with PRTD).

Akhila93

Apr 7, 2019
my husband is in canada ( inland primary applicant) and me outland secondary applicant. my bio got finished but he didnot stll receive call from service canada. our aor is 2nd july 2020. is it okayto apply for a visiting visa by the time, will they approve

Reactions: Loren27

Kpzbenju

Star Member
Oct 23, 2018
my husband is in canada ( inland primary applicant) and me outland secondary applicant. my bio got finished but he didnot stll receive call from service canada. our aor is 2nd july 2020. is it okayto apply for a visiting visa by the time, will they approve
I also want to know .. same case

Reactions: Loren27

Loren27

Star Member
Jan 27, 2020
My husband is inland and and as wife is outland we have also dependent husband done biometrics last march 5 ,2020 the agent told us the i and my dependent are exempt in biometrics but until now we are waiting for update ...does have in this forum same to us?pls reply