+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Principal Applicant (Inland) Dependent (Outland) during COVID-19

Whateverman

Jul 1, 2020
Hi All,

I have been a silent reader of this forum but decided to create a post.

I am an Inland Principal Applicant, AOR Jan 11, 2020 (CEC Class). I have a dependent child who is overseas. My application is pending for over 6 months now. The VAC office for the country where my dependent resides would be Turkey which is open with limited services as of July 8th, 2020.

Not sure if the delay is caused because of dependent being outside of Canada, or if my application has issues itself..

I was wondering if anyone is in a similar situation and got their COPR yet..

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Reactions: Imafidon wisdom

sara666

Star Member
Jan 30, 2020
Hi All,

I have been a silent reader of this forum but decided to create a post.

I am an Inland Principal Applicant, AOR Jan 11, 2020 (CEC Class). I have a dependent child who is overseas. My application is pending for over 6 months now. The VAC office for the country where my dependent resides would be Turkey which is open with limited services as of July 8th, 2020.

Not sure if the delay is caused because of dependent being outside of Canada, or if my application has issues itself..

I was wondering if anyone is in a similar situation and got their COPR yet..

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
I am also in same situation. My dependents are in overseas right now. My PR got approved on April 28 itself. Due to this, even i cannot do soft landing. They clearly mentioned in my GCMS notes like my application is on hold due to overseas dependents. They will issue CoPR once they removed border restrictions.

Whateverman

Jul 1, 2020
I am also in same situation. My dependents are in overseas right now. My PR got approved on April 28 itself. Due to this, even i cannot do soft landing. They clearly mentioned in my GCMS notes like my application is on hold due to overseas dependents. They will issue CoPR once they removed border restrictions.
Thank you so much for your response! Did you get an email saying your PR got approved? or did you find it in GCMS notes only?
I have few friends who do not have dependents and got their COPR, landing was not required for them.. Is it required for you?

Reactions: Ruan12

sara666

Star Member
Jan 30, 2020
Thank you so much for your response! Did you get an email saying your PR got approved? or did you find it in GCMS notes only?
I have few friends who do not have dependents and got their COPR, landing was not required for them.. Is it required for you?
I saw in my GCMS notes and also IRCC agent told me that my PR got approved. Even they generated CoPR but not issued. I can see the CoPR document# and expiry date in my GCMS notes. Landing not required for me since I'm in Canada. My friends staying in Canada with their family got CoPR without any delay.

Whateverman

Jul 1, 2020
I saw in my GCMS notes and also IRCC agent told me that my PR got approved. Even they generated CoPR but not issued. I can see the CoPR document# and expiry date in my GCMS notes. Landing not required for me since I'm in Canada. My friends staying in Canada with their family got CoPR without any delay.
I see! So our delay must be solely because of our dependents outside of Canada.. So frustrating :(

Whateverman

Jul 1, 2020
Yes, it's true. I just applied BOWP and got it approved. I spent few bucks for that. :oops:
I do not even know what's happening with my application, June 24th it was still pending - criminal check..
At least you know it is approved and there is no issue! Congratulations on that!

sara666

Star Member
Jan 30, 2020
I do not even know what's happening with my application, June 24th it was still pending - criminal check..
At least you know it is approved and there is no issue! Congratulations on that!
Thanks. Yeah, after seeing approved, I'm relaxed little bit. Did u raised GCMS notes? You can see detailed information there.

Whateverman

Jul 1, 2020
Thanks. Yeah, after seeing approved, I'm relaxed little bit. Did u raised GCMS notes? You can see detailed information there.
Yes I did, they sent it to me and as of June 24th, the criminal check was still in progress.. I am not sure if I should order another one..

sara666

Star Member
Jan 30, 2020
Yes I did, they sent it to me and as of June 24th, the criminal check was still in progress.. I am not sure if I should order another one..
yes, may be you can order another one by next week. So that, we can see some updates. What's the status on INFO SHARING in GCMS notes?

Whateverman

Jul 1, 2020
yes, may be you can order another one by next week. So that, we can see some updates. What's the status on INFO SHARING in GCMS notes?
Info Sharing is Complete. Criminality is pending.. however I can also see that RCMP already provided update saying no trace was found. Not sure why it is still pending - I do not think anyone checks anything besides RCMP on that matter

Reactions: vijay k

sara666

Star Member
Jan 30, 2020
Info Sharing is Complete. Criminality is pending.. however I can also see that RCMP already provided update saying no trace was found. Not sure why it is still pending - I do not think anyone checks anything besides RCMP on that matter
Oh good, I think for criminality they will check PCC, Biometrics and RCMP Screening. If you have crossed these, it should be completed soon. may be matter of updating the status.

Whateverman

Jul 1, 2020
Oh good, I think for criminality they will check PCC, Biometrics and RCMP Screening. If you have crossed these, it should be completed soon. may be matter of updating the status.
Maybe I can give them a call by end of this week, and order another GCMS notes next week. This is so frustrating, hopefully they will not extend the restrictions after July 31st..

sara666

Star Member
Jan 30, 2020
Maybe I can give them a call by end of this week, and order another GCMS notes next week. This is so frustrating, hopefully they will not extend the restrictions after July 31st..
Yes, I am also thinking the same. Before ordering GCMS, raise webform too. Sometimes, this will help our application to move further. Let's stay positive. Good luck.

Whateverman

Jul 1, 2020
Yes, I am also thinking the same. Before ordering GCMS, raise webform too. Sometimes, this will help our application to move further. Let's stay positive. Good luck.
Thank you so much! Keep me updated if anything changes and you get CORP in your email! :)