+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Principal Applicant (Inland) Dependent (Outland) during COVID-19

LP_CANADA

Sep 4, 2019
@sara666,

Today i have received call from IRCC (No Caller ID) and inquired about personal info and employment details. Anyone had this type of scenario?

AOR : 05-Dec-19
Stream : PNP - Inland

sara666

Star Member
Jan 30, 2020
@sara666,

Today i have received call from IRCC (No Caller ID) and inquired about personal info and employment details. Anyone had this type of scenario?

AOR : 05-Dec-19
Stream : PNP - Inland
I saw few people who have this type of scenario. But, their family is staying in Canada. What's your case?

Thriven

Aug 4, 2020
Below are my details.
Principle Applicatnt is inland, Dependent is in USA.
ITA Date: 01-08-2020
AOR Date : 02-06-2020
Date Received: February 6, 2020
Review of medical results: February 17, 2020
Biometrics: February 20, 2020
Processing date : August 6th 2020

Waiting for the response today, but looks like its getting delay !

LP_CANADA

Sep 4, 2019
If that's the case, they will approve your PR application and they won't issue COPR until they remove border restrictions in Canada. You can raise GCMS and confirm the status.
Hi @sara666 ,

My PR application was approved on 20-Aug-20 and they hold my COPR because dependents are in overseas. In addition to PR application, Can we apply visitor visa to bring the family to Canada?

sara666

Star Member
Jan 30, 2020
Hi @sara666 ,

My PR application was approved on 20-Aug-20 and they hold my COPR because dependents are in overseas. In addition to PR application, Can we apply visitor visa to bring the family to Canada?
Even if you apply visitor visa, your dependent passport should be stamped in your local VFS and it's not possible if VFS Canada is closed in your home country. You have to wait again..

Banana woman

Dec 10, 2019
Even if you apply visitor visa, your dependent passport should be stamped in your local VFS and it's not possible if VFS Canada is closed in your home country. You have to wait again..
@sara666 do you know if a dependent’s passport can be stamped outside of the individuals local VFS. In my case, my dependent is a little girl, I’m in Canada and she in my home country, because she can’t travel alone, I have her passport with me. Will IRCC allow me to send her passport to a local VFS close to me in Canada or will I have to send it back to my country for stamping??

sara666

Star Member
Jan 30, 2020
@sara666 do you know if a dependent’s passport can be stamped outside of the individuals local VFS. In my case, my dependent is a little girl, I’m in Canada and she in my home country, because she can’t travel alone, I have her passport with me. Will IRCC allow me to send her passport to a local VFS close to me in Canada or will I have to send it back to my country for stamping??
I think you cannot stamp your dependent passport at local VFS Canada and IRCC won't accept it. Btw, you can raise this question on IRCC twitter and they can help you out if there is any change in their rule right now.

Walle_007

Aug 8, 2019
My BOWP got approved in 5 working days.
Really? When ?
I am seeing processing time as 189 days.

What docs do they need to apply for bowp and validity of it?

Please guide me my pgwp expiring in jan 2021. When should I apply for bowp?

sara666

Star Member
Jan 30, 2020
Really? When ?
I am seeing processing time as 189 days.

What docs do they need to apply for bowp and validity of it?

Please guide me my pgwp expiring in jan 2021. When should I apply for bowp?
I have submitted my BOWP application on June 28 (Sunday) and got it approved on July 03, 2020. Received Hard copy on July 10. You should apply BOWP before 4 months of your current visa expiry date. My BOWP valid for 1 year.

Reactions: Walle_007

Walle_007

Aug 8, 2019
I have submitted my BOWP application on June 28 (Sunday) and got it approved on July 03, 2020. Received Hard copy on July 10. You should apply BOWP before 4 months of your current visa expiry date. My BOWP valid for 1 year.
I saw ppl been saying that it's been more than 4 months no one has received BOWP approved. A guy yesterday posted that he got approved in 5 months. But yes, I will apply beforehand.